PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Elf Cave

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Probably the most infamous dungeon in FFIV where metal is your enemy, what were your thoughts on this bad boy, hated it, loved it, don't care?

I personally enjoyed the curve ball it through it at the player and how it made you change up how the team was to be utilized especially Cecil and Tellah who had to reverse roles a bit. Honestly I think it's one of the most clever dungeons in the series.

Colonel Angus
10-11-2014, 05:21 AM
How're Yang's claws not affected? Are they aluminum?

Sephex
10-11-2014, 05:25 PM
How're Yang's claws not affected? Are they aluminum?

He said his claws were okay. The cave let it slide.

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Probably because his claws are not made of any metal material but instead animal/magical junk. It helps that his claws don't really increase his attack power much but instead change his elemental/status effect properties so it's not as much of a bonus as you think.

Sephex
10-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Probably because his claws are not made of any metal material but instead animal/magical junk. It helps that his claws don't really increase his attack power much but instead change his elemental/status effect properties so it's not as much of a bonus as you think.

I said the cave let it slide.

VeloZer0
10-12-2014, 06:19 PM
I always felt the the claws were just the game designers rubbing it in that you had to un-equip Cecil's sword.

Colonel Angus
10-12-2014, 10:25 PM
I'd like to know how "claws" can have no attack value. They sound more like gloves or mittens or those things Ryu & Ken wear in SF.