PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever complete all the SeeD Tests?

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2014, 04:54 AM
You know, the test they give you to help bump up your rank in case you either screwed up the SeeD Exam or screwed around and let your SeeD Rank go down. Did you ever bother completing all the tests? Even if you didn't need to?

Night Fury
10-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Yeah I did all of them, they put up the amount of Gil you made! worth it to have an infinite amount of money :)

Scotty_ffgamer
10-11-2014, 07:02 AM
I have completed all the tests at some point. That was probably during my playthrough where I wanted to do EVERYTHING I could possibly do in the game. Still ended up giving up on getting all the Triple Triad cards because smurf Random rule.

Taiga
10-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes, I completed them in every playthrough. Yay for infinite Gil! :D

Mirage
10-13-2014, 02:35 AM
I boosted my rank to like 30 right away, then left the remaining tests alone in case i started dropping too far below that.

Pumpkin
10-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Yep, everytime

Ayen
10-14-2014, 02:33 AM
I flunked the test every time I took it in classic Usagi fashion.

Loony BoB
10-14-2014, 12:23 PM
I rocked those suckers for maximum gil. ALL THE GIL.

Also, I don't think my SeeD rank ever went down. Did that happen often? Were there any ways to boost your rank without doing a test?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-18-2014, 08:05 AM
I can't remember if I did all of them, but I know it wasn't a problem because I had all the answers in the FFVIII guide (which young me thought was the greatest thing ever).

Were there any ways to boost your rank without doing a test?

I think it raised if your characters had a high enough kill count in between payments. On the other hand, it might have lowered if you didn't do much besides walk around in between payments. Certain fixed events raised it, such as how well you did at uncoupling the train cars.