PDA

View Full Version : Egg thread

Psychotic
10-11-2014, 11:20 AM
How often do you eat eggs and what methods of cooking eggs lead to acceptable results?

The icon is a cookie because I like both cookies and eggs.

Jess
10-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm a fan of eggs.

My favourite ways to eat eggs:
Dippy eggs and soldiers
Omelettes (ham & mushroom is the best, but veggie omelettes are also tasty)
Scrambled eggs on toast
Hard boiled eggs with salad
Fresh Egg mayonnaise with paprika and pepper

I probably eat eggs once or twice a week

e: out of all the ways listed, the only type I don't like is sunny side up. I like both sides of my egg cooked. Fried is my least favourite egg.

Shauna
10-11-2014, 12:01 PM
I like most egg variations. Not scrambled though, that I just cannot do.

noxious.sunshine
10-12-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm not a huge breakfast eater..

But I usually do eggs over easy with toast for my bf and roommate and me... And my dad.

I'm also pretty baller at making omelettes. I love it. With tomatoes, onion, spinach, goat cheese, etc... Nommmmmmmmm

Night Fury
10-12-2014, 06:10 AM
I like all eggs, really! But I think my favourite is probably poached. Pheesh does make this fritata though that has potato and chorizo in it and I swear it's sooooo good.

Shorty
10-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Over-easy is my favorite, followed by omelette. Scrambled eggs are boring unless it's accompanied with something else like cheese or onions or something. Hardboiled eggs are for making egg salad sandwiches, which I like once in a while. Sunnyside up is gross and weird, and never had soft-boiled or poached. Deviled eggs are appetizers to accompany picnic or summer food.

Also a fan of one-eyed chickens.

noxious.sunshine
10-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Ohhhh... Huevos con chorizo is yum. Mexican crumbly chorizo- not the Spanish type that can be sliced.

I used to fry up chorizo with jalepeno, garlic, & onion and then add eggs and just lightly scramble them in the pan.. Sometimes I'd add in some canned black beans with a bit of the liquid or homemade spicy salsa verde and let the eggs finish simmering in it... With charred corn tortillas.. Soooo yummy.

Colonel Angus
10-13-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm good w/ most versions of eggs, as long as they're cooked well. Take your runny yolks & gtfo. Fried eggs well done ftw.

chionos
10-13-2014, 01:03 AM
There's no wrong way to make eggs, other than on back-to-back days.
Can't eat eggs for at least two days after eating eggs.

Egg-salad sandwiches are my homies.

Chris
10-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Egg-salads are amazing. :(

Pumpkin
10-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Scrambled and omelette. Never at a restaurant though because for some reason I have hated pretty much every restaurant egg I've tried. They're disgusting. I also can't stand egg whites or undercooked yolks so... scrambled or omelette it is

chionos
10-13-2014, 05:29 PM
There's no better drunk/hungover food than an egg burger from Denny's, which is exactly what it sounds like. A burger with an egg on it.

Psychotic
10-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Over-easy is my favorite, followed by omelette. ... Sunnyside up is gross and weird.
Also a fan of one-eyed chickens.But over-easy and sunnyside are basically the same thing! Basically!
I'm good w/ most versions of eggs, as long as they're cooked well. Take your runny yolks & gtfo. Fried eggs well done ftw.you what mate

There's no better drunk/hungover food than an egg burger from Denny's, which is exactly what it sounds like. A burger with an egg on it.On it or in it? This is important. Either way, I'm very interested in your newsletter and wish to subscribe, I just need help with the visualising.

chionos
10-13-2014, 06:10 PM

Yes, that's hash browns (aka home fries) between the egg and burger patty.

You received this message because you elected to receive commercial forum messages from chionos for Denny'sTM. If you no longer wish to receive commercial forum messages from chionos for Denny'sTM, please click here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpzjbXUZI#t=72) to unsubscribe.

Psychotic
10-13-2014, 07:21 PM
That burger does things to my saliva glands but I also really like that song. This is a tough decision.

Shorty
10-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Over-easy is my favorite, followed by omelette. ... Sunnyside up is gross and weird.
Also a fan of one-eyed chickens.But over-easy and sunnyside are basically the same thing! Basically!

Not so! Sunnyside up are all goopy and mucousy all over and weird with the consistency of snot. Over-easy is all cooked but the yolk.

Egg burgers are freaking delish.

Rantz
10-13-2014, 08:51 PM
I checked all options because all options are good. I'm not sure I could decide on a favourite. I make scrambled, over easy, poached, and omelette more often than the rest, though.

Six
10-14-2014, 12:58 PM
I like my eggs either hard boiled or sunny side up. I also like a tad more than the normal of salt sprinkled over, and sometimes some 4 seasoning pepper. ....I'll actually go make eggs now!

sharkythesharkdogg
10-14-2014, 01:03 PM
I like eggs in many ways; omelettes, over-easy, scrambled, hard-boiled. My favorite is deviled eggs though, and since I didn't know we could pick more than one option, deviled eggs it is.

Six
10-14-2014, 01:08 PM
....Oh. I didn't know we could pick more than one either, so sunny side up for me it is. xD Speaking of, I also like scrambled with bits of bacon on a slice of bread, actually now that you mentioned scrambled.

metagloria
10-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Scrambled egg, cheese, and sriracha sandwich.

noxious.sunshine
10-22-2014, 06:23 PM
My roommate found a recipe for these jalepeno bacon deviled eggs and I made them... They were really good..