PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite SNES game?

Shauna
10-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I also did not own this console, but I have played a few SNES titles in my time.

I quite enjoyed Chrono Trigger and that is literally the only one I can think of right now, so we'll go with that.

Dat Matt
10-11-2014, 12:23 PM
It goes to Link to the Past because I am not the biggest fan of retro gaming and that's the only one I can think of just now.

Bolivar
10-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Tie between Dragon Quest V and Tactics Ogre. They're both so different with what they do well but they're definitely in my top 5 RPGs.

Recently my friend has been doing this:

http://www.shop.chipmasters.us/SNES_c3.htm

Buying SNES cartridges containing roms (some fanslations of Japan-only games) that you can actually play on a real SNES.

http://uncletusk.com/catalog/6

Then ordering reproduction boxes of those games from here. It just blows me away how you can build physical libraries for older consoles these days, especially for games that were never supposed to come over here.

Colonel Angus
10-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Man, this is a tough one. So many great games. Of the ones I actually owned & played on the system (not borrowed or first played emulated) I'll go w/ Street Fighter II Turbo. However, there's a ton of other games that I could name as well, but overall I may have played this one the most.

The Man
10-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Super Metroid.

Honourable mentions to Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy VI, Secret of Mana, and Chrono Trigger. If translated ROMs count then Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy V, and Dragon Quest V also go on the list.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Super Mario World definitely. Donkey Kong Country comes in second.

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Chrono Trigger, hands down.

Endless
10-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Too many to list. That I own, Secret of Mana, hands down. Overall is a three-way tie between FF6, CT and SD3.

Also Mario Kart, the various Street Fighter 2 + Alpha 2 versions, and more...

Sephex
10-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Not counting Final Fantasy or Square stuff, EarthBound is my favorite game. I know that in recent years everyone hopped aboard that train, but I was there when it was brand new and loved it. I was surprised that it was somewhat poorly received at the time. It's a game that has had a huge influence on my life.

chionos
10-12-2014, 01:14 AM
I was avoiding this thread because my top several games of all time were on the SNES, and I don't want to choose among them.

FFVIs; TLoZ:ALttP; SM; CT

SNES is the best gaming system ever.

Ayen
10-12-2014, 02:29 AM
It's a toss up between Final Fantasy VI and A Link to the Past. I also really enjoyed Super Mario All Stars since I got to play the first three games and Lost Levels all on one cartridge.

Jowy
10-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Chrono Trigger!

blackmage_nuke
10-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Final Fantasy VI followed by Chrono Trigger followed by Seiken Densetsu 3

NeoCracker
10-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Chalk me in with Chrono Trigger. Also FF VI and Breath of Fire II.

I did quite like Seiken Densetsu 3 also.