PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Nintendo Console

Dat Matt
10-11-2014, 12:30 PM
So We're on Generation 8 which means there has been 6 home console releases of Nintendo Consoles. Which one is your favorite?

The Man
10-11-2014, 07:02 PM
SNES is of course the objectively correct answer to this question. There has never been a console with a better library of native releases. Ever.

Loony BoB
10-11-2014, 07:41 PM
I am massively biased towards the one that I have played on more than an hour or so. N64 all the way.

Sephex
10-11-2014, 07:42 PM
If I ever want to put myself in a good mood I play SNES.

Aulayna
10-11-2014, 07:47 PM
GameCube, the little purple box that could.

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2014, 09:16 PM
The SNES is the only right answer here.

fat_moogle
10-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Out of all these consoles I've owned:

- N64
- Gamecube
- Wii

Out of these, I'd have to pick N64. To be honest I never really bought games for the Nintendo systems. I had Pokemon Stadium on N64, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube and the generic Wii games like Wii Fit and stuff (it was mainly my sisters as I did buy it for her) for, well, the Wii.

So yea, I've never owned games like mario (except gameboy), zelda (except for Twighlight Princess which I didn't play much of), super smash bros etc. So most of the Nintendo exclusives.

From this I'm voting for N64! I had the blue and yellow Pikachu one and I loved it! Had so much fun with Pokemon stadium as a kid.

Colonel Angus
10-11-2014, 10:42 PM
It's really a toss-up between the first two, but I'm going w/ the original NES. While the SNES had an epic library of great games, choosing the NES is more of a personal choice. Really, they could both be #1.

After the NES, Nintendo seem to loose a little something. Not that the other systems were bad, they just started to try to do stuff that almost took something away from their systems. It was almost like you needed to have another system to have the complete gaming experience you wanted. Couldn't just have an N64, also had to have a PSX for FF & Street Fighter. Couldn't just have a GameCube, needed a PS2 for FF & a controller sans the ridiculous spring triggers.

Ayen
10-12-2014, 02:35 AM
Where's the all of the above option?

Scotty_ffgamer
10-12-2014, 06:18 AM
I love my NES, and it's still one of the systems I keep hooked up to this day. That being said, I'm going to have to give this to the SNES. Honestly, it would be hooked up to if my console still worked well.

I feel like the SNES really set the stage for what gaming would become. I remember finding myself in awe of seeing realistic graphics in such games as Donkey Kong Country, starting to get a sort of beautiful orchestral sound, and getting the first controller that truly felt good to play on. The four face buttons, start, select, d-pad, and the shoulder buttons essentially became the standard of controllers that carries on to this day. Of course, Nintendo likes to change up their controllers in unique ways in each generation, but that general configuration at least became the standard elsewhere. Nintendo is what Genesisn't.

Pumpkin
10-12-2014, 02:41 PM
N64