PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Nintendo Handheld

Dat Matt
10-11-2014, 12:36 PM
In the main system of things, there 4 Main Handheld Systems from Nintendo. The Gameboy, Gameboy Advance. Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS.

Many of these systems came with upgrades like the Gameboy Colour, the GBA SP, the 3DS XL etc by the games can still be played on all the formats.

Which one of these set of consoles was your favorite?

The GBA SP was my baby. so Gameboy Advance gets my vote.

Agent Proto
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
It's really a toss-up between the Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS for me. But if I had to choose only one. I would go with the 3DS, because... it's current. Even though the DS had great games, the games for the 3DS were much better.

Dat Matt
10-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Also the 3DS is backwards compatible

Agent Proto
10-11-2014, 04:02 PM
So was the DS.
So was Game Boy Advance.

Bolivar
10-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Wish GBC was an option. I just voted for Gameboy.

IMO that was the perfect time for Nintendo handhelds - a lot of nice ports and remakes but the handheld franchises were still in their prime. GBC has my favorite portable Pokemons and Zeldas so it wins.

Dat Matt
10-11-2014, 06:19 PM
GBC was the advanced GB. Had I included it I would have had to post GBA SP, DSi etc. So I limited it to just sets of consoles.

Ayen
10-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Game Boy Color ftw. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer! w00t! w00t!

Jowy
10-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Game Boy Advance SP AGS-101 model.

Colonel Angus
10-12-2014, 04:32 AM
GameBoy Advance SP. It had some great Castlevania games plus a lot of bunch of great remakes.

Jowy
10-12-2014, 05:42 AM
Circle of the Moon is on Wii U now, brah. Aria of Sorrow was the best of the three. I've got a copy of Harmony of Dissonance floating around somewhere that I have no recollection whatsoever of buying...it just turned up in my duffel bag one day before I packed for a trip.

Pumpkin
10-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Probably 3DS because I can play my old DS games on it as well, but the GBA has a ton of great games on it too

Wolf Kanno
10-12-2014, 06:21 PM
I honestly can't decide, despite the floundering of their consoles, I feel that Nintendo's handhelds have actually been getting better and better with each new model. I'm probably going to give this to the DS, even if I don't count backwards compatibility with the awesome GBA, the DS library was surprisingly strong on its own merits. With that said, the 3DS has probably been my go-to-gaming device since I got one and the majority of games I'm looking into purchasing are for it.

Taiga
10-12-2014, 09:53 PM
I voted for Gameboy, but I also like the GBA. I would've chosen the GBA since it lets you play GB games in color, but the display of the GBA is such a pain in my opinion. Without perfect light playing with a GBA isn't much fun.

Colonel Angus
10-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Are you confusing the GBA w/ the GameBoy Color? The GBA had it's own backlight, while the GBC was like the original GB & needed external light for playing.

Taiga
10-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Nope, I've never owned a GBC, so I can't say anything about that. The GBA SP has its own backlight (so I've heard), but the "normal" GBA has not. That's why you can buy lamps to attach to it, but I've read that they are nearly useless.

Aulayna
10-13-2014, 12:12 AM
GameBoy Advance, mostly for the absolutely ridikonulous amount of time I sank into Leaf Green and Sapphire, but also because of Metroid Zero Mission.

A very close runner up is the Nintendo DS.

chionos
10-13-2014, 01:27 AM
SP

Bolivar
10-13-2014, 07:24 PM
GBC was the advanced GB. Had I included it I would have had to post GBA SP, DSi etc. So I limited it to just sets of consoles.

The GBC had a sizable library of games that were not playable on the Gameboy (as the OP suggests).

metagloria
10-13-2014, 07:50 PM
DS because it's backward-compatible with GBA (an awesome library to have access to), and because even though the 3DS may have some better games, I never ever use the 3D function so it kinda defeats the point.

Del Murder
10-13-2014, 08:01 PM
DS is the PS2 of handhelds: it has a great library, and has the added advantage of compatibility with the games from another (maybe even better) library.

Though Nintendo's handhelds seem to get better and better each gen. 3DS could beat DS at this pace.

Night Fury
10-14-2014, 04:52 AM
I love my 3DS sooooo much, but it would have to be the Gameboy Colour, that thing went everywhere with me back in the day. I voted GBA though.

Also, guys, I totes didn't know until now the 3DS was backwards compatible. :( *Locky Blonde Moment*

Scotty_ffgamer
10-14-2014, 06:17 AM
I'm going to go with 3DS, but this is mostly because I had very limited experience with the handhelds prior to now. I mean, I owned a Gameboy Color and GBA as a kid, but I played Pokemon, Yugioh, Chain of Memories, and a few Dragonball games. I didn't really get to experience much of the library because I would rather get games for home console back then. I've branched out a lot more with the 3DS and Vita. The 3DS has a lot going for it too that I like now and would have loved as a kid. The streetpass thing is pretty simple, but it also really makes me want to carry around my 3DS with me. As a kid, it would have given me something to play and look forward to when going out with my parents to boring places as well. Such a neat little system.