PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite Wii game?

Shauna
10-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I own a Wii! Now we're getting places.

I really liked House of the Dead: Overkill. It was gloriously B-Movie and fabulous. Aside from that, Kirby's Epic Yarn was pretty excellent and I also like Super Paper Mario.

Dat Matt
10-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess are all the games I can think off the top of my head I loved my Wii for. Not the system that got the most use out of me but still a staple for my late teenage years.

Wii had a reputation for being the first home console that catered to the masses, which is why there is about a 9:1 ratio of Crap:Good games on the Wii with an abundance of party. exercise and dance games.

Wii has also been described as "The console everyone owned, but never played".

Slothy
10-11-2014, 02:25 PM
The Wii was the casual platform of choice until phones and tablets dethroned it.

Best game for it? Don't know. Never played Kirby's Epic Yarn which at least looked interesting, nor have I played that Mistwalker game. So I guess I'd say its best game is whatever my favourite virtual console game would be. LttP maybe?

escobert
10-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Wii Sports!

Agent Proto
10-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Muramasa was really good. As was Punch-out! :D

Colonel Angus
10-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Crap:Good games
:lol:

I'd have to go w/ Mario Kart Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

Skyward Sword was also great, as were the Lego games.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I just really love Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. It's really only ok in the end, but I really like it. The answer is probably Xenoblade though.

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2014, 09:21 PM

Followed by Twilight Princess and No More Heroes.

blackmage_nuke
10-12-2014, 07:52 AM
I dont have a Wii but I enjoy all the mario kart and Smash Bros I play at parties.

NeoCracker
10-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles is the best Wii U game. This isn't even a fair compitition.

No More Heroes and Muramasa are also fantastic.

Pumpkin
10-12-2014, 02:39 PM
I guess Xenoblade. I mostly own silly fluff games on the Wii like Family Feud and Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader and some board games and stuff. I tried the Last Story and I hated it and I haven't played enough Twilight Princess to know

Sephex
10-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Both Mario Galaxy games were astounding. Both No More Heroes games were fun and satisfying to use motion controls for. Twilight Princess I really liked when it was released, but in recent years I haven't enjoyed it as much. I will say that Nintendo did a good job addressing fan complaint about lack of dungeons in Windwaker by jam packing that game with dungeons, though. Metroid Prime Trilogy took the MP3 controls and incorporated them to all three games. Pretty much the closest thing a console can hope to get to a mouse/keyboard combo.

I don't really have a favorite game, but I did have lots of fun with those above titles and many more. Also had many awesome night playing multiplayer stuff with people (that one Wii Sports game where you have to knock over a bunch of pins is ridiculous if you have a large group to play with).

Del Murder
10-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Xenoblade, though the Mario Galaxy series is pretty great too.