PDA

View Full Version : Bread

Night Fury
10-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Nope. Not a favourite bread thread.

Does anyone else eat bread on its own like me? Sometimes I will just eat slices of fresh (must be freshly baked and soft) un-buttered bread as a snack. Of course, if it's warm I will eat it with butter on it, but just when I buy it sliced then I'll eat a couple of slices just on their own. Sometimes I'll put butter on, but usually not.

Anyone else do this?

Mirage
10-13-2014, 11:08 AM
when it is completely fresh, I can do that. I still usually put some butter on it and let it melt into the slices though. So fucking good.

Chris
10-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I love a slice of freshly baked bread. The smell of freshly baked bread, is without equal. :drool:

noxious.sunshine
10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
I don't really eat bread....

Pumpkin
10-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Depends on what kind of bread. Cheap sliced bread? No, I'll need some butter. But Italian bread or baguette, yees

Shorty
10-13-2014, 04:56 PM
If it's fresh-baked homemade bread or homemade-style out of a bakery, absolutely. But I will still put butter on it if it's available.

Ayen
10-14-2014, 04:59 AM
Some times when it's brought as an appetizer, but not that often.

chionos
10-14-2014, 06:03 AM
My grandmother makes the best sourdough bread. When it's fresh, it's heaven, with or without butter.

Sephex
10-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Nope. Not a favourite bread thread.

Does anyone else eat bread on its own like me? Sometimes I will just eat slices of fresh (must be freshly baked and soft) un-buttered bread as a snack. Of course, if it's warm I will eat it with butter on it, but just when I buy it sliced then I'll eat a couple of slices just on their own. Sometimes I'll put butter on, but usually not.

Anyone else do this?

Occasionally, I'll put a very small amount of butter spread on there for a quick snack or whatever. When I was a heavier drinker I would sometimes just straight up eat bread to help my stomach settle down.

when it is completely fresh, I can do that. I still usually put some butter on it and let it melt into the slices though. So fucking good.

This I also do. Can confirm that it is excellent. I have this honey flavored peanut butter (not as strong with the honey as you think) that is also excellent toasted.

I love a slice of freshly baked bread. The smell of freshly baked bread, is without equal. :drool:

My grandpa used to get stuff like this from a local bakery. I should convince my parents to pick up some stuff from there.

I don't really eat bread....

:( This is terrible news.

Depends on what kind of bread. Cheap sliced bread? No, I'll need some butter. But Italian bread or baguette, yees

Yeah, plain old bread is bad enough. But anything else? YES.

If it's fresh-baked homemade bread or homemade-style out of a bakery, absolutely. But I will still put butter on it if it's available.

Also, toasting butter on the bread. Or toasting the bread THEN putting the butter on it. Or eating the damn tub of butter. Look, we all do crazy things some times. Or every night. Or just because. Shut up.

Some times when it's brought as an appetizer, but not that often.

Mentioned this in the last bread thread. Gonna do it again. Shout out to a local restaurant/brewery that has excellent bread and butter for an appetizer!

My grandmother makes the best sourdough bread. When it's fresh, it's heaven, with or without butter.

Haven't had that in awhile. Well, obviously not YOUR grandmother's bread, but that kind in general. Yet another thing I need to do!

Night Fury
10-14-2014, 09:29 AM
yes sourdough is fantastic!

At Jamies Italian in Perth you get a complimentary bread bucket with your meal that has the most amazing sourdough. It's got crushed rock salt on it and a little olive oil and when you dip it in balsamic vinegar..... Ahhhhhhh the best!

Loony BoB
10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
It's not a common thing, but yeah, I do this on occasion. Whether it is fancy bakery stuff or Warburton's medium sliced white bread (the standard in our flat), I don't mind. The important thing is that it needs to be fresh enough that it has the right kind of softness to it.

Six
10-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes, although rarely. I like taking the center out and making a ball of it, hahaha. It sounds way crazy, but it's got such a nice texture. Not a huge fan of crust, never have been, but no I'm not 6 years old, okay!?