PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Kazooie

Night Fury
10-13-2014, 11:09 AM
This was one of my FAVOURITE games to play as a kid, even just looking at this picture is like WHAM nostalgia!

Anyone else play this? Everything about it was just perfect :heart:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/de/BanjoKazooieCover500px.jpg/250px-BanjoKazooieCover500px.jpg

Depression Moon
10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
I can't say everything about it was perfect. It is definitely one of my favorite platforming games. I can't exactly remember the one issue I had with it because I haven't played this game in at least eight years, but I feel that it had to do with collectibles or certain level designs. He's the one character that I wish Nintendo had gotten the rights to. I'm pretty sure we would have gotten more games in the franchise and that the duo would've been in the Smash Bros. series.

Freya
10-13-2014, 03:11 PM
I need to emulate it again. Damn I love that game

Ayen
10-14-2014, 02:03 AM
It was the second N64 game I ever played. Good times.

Sephex
10-14-2014, 03:37 AM
My sister got it for her birthday when she was a kid, and I was in High School. She got bored of it pretty quickly and I ended up playing it through the Monster Madhouse level. I got sidetracked and the game started to ramp up in difficulty at that point, so I just kind of dropped it.

A couple of years ago I got into watching JonTron reviews and I also got into Game Grumps when he was still on the show. His enthusiasm towards the series, as well as SNES/N64 Rareware games, got me in the mood to play a few of the classics. I finally buckled down and not only Beat Banjo-Kazooie, but did everything there was to do.

The game offers one hell of a challenge (especially if you tried to do EVERYTHING on EVERY level), and I am surprised so many kids managed to best this game when it was new. I had a hell of a time both as a teen and when I last played it, despite being better at games these days. Still, it's an solid title that grew on me over the years.

Depression Moon
10-14-2014, 05:42 AM
So you got all the passwords in the game too Sephex? Also how do you get to that Ice Key in the Snow Level? I could never figure it out.

Sephex
10-14-2014, 06:39 AM
So you got all the passwords in the game too Sephex? Also how do you get to that Ice Key in the Snow Level? I could never figure it out.

2012 is when I last played/beat the game. When I said I completed it, I meant did all the stuff that is displayed on the stat screen/pause menu. I know the game recognized it because I got the extra bonuses during the final battle, and the ending told me I did everything. I don't think the ice key counts towards any of the completion stats since I think entering a cheat code on the floor that spells stuff is the only way to get it.