PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti?!

Six
10-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Spaghetti. How do you guys like it? And what ingredients do you put in it?

Al dente, for me. Our supermarket sells a great powder package you add water to that gives an amazing tomato flavour to the dish. When it comes to the vegetables, I like to use zucchini (courgette) and mushrooms. I often add bell peppers (preferably red and green), and we can't forget the mince now can we! Ground-beef, or minced beef for whichever side of the world you're on. =]

So what's your secret ingredient?!

Shorty
10-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I like using seasoned ground beef, onions and mushrooms sauteed in seasoned tomato sauce with garlic. The ground beef takes the place of meatballs, I guess. Pretty simple!

Except I dump like a gallon of parmesan cheese on my own personal serving of spaghetti. If there is no parmesan cheese, I will eat it reluctantly. Bonus points for garlic bread paired with the spaghetti.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-13-2014, 08:42 PM
It's Spagett! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyh3C1xDT3Y)

Freya
10-13-2014, 08:43 PM
I've recently tried Zucchini Spaghetti. You cut the Zucchini as the noodles instead of grain noodles. It's freaking delicious! It also works great with shrimp scampi.

I make spaghetti a lot. It's my go to lazy meal.

chionos
10-13-2014, 11:59 PM
First of all, garlic bread/toast is a MUST, or no spaghetti.

Mushrooms, Onions, No meat.

Six
10-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Garlic bread is pretty awesome when it comes to spaghetti isn't it? =[

Also, Freya that sounds interesting, I've never actually tried that before, do you not use actual spaghetti noodles anymore then and replaced them with the veg?

noxious.sunshine
10-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Yes. You replace the noodles w the zucchini.

I make my dad's spaghetti.. Ground sirloin, butter, onion, Hunt's brand tomato sauce and paste, garlic salt.. Very basic. But it's yum.

Shorty
10-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Or you could just try actual spaghetti squash. Way easier.

Shiny
10-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Spaghetti is delicious if the sauce is made right. Sauce must contain some added sugar or else it's too tarty. I also quite enjoy sausage with spaghetti, but cooked separately in it's own pan. Toasted garlic bread is optional, but preferred. I normally eat it with just grounded turkey meat.

Colonel Angus
10-15-2014, 12:43 AM
My grandmother always added sugar in her sauce.

I'm really picky about getting pasta out. If it's red sauce, I prefer homemade, as nothing compares to my grandmother's recipe.

Ayen
10-15-2014, 03:19 AM
I don't know what ingredients are in it. I just eat it.