PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Final Battle - A reversed perspective

Dat Matt
10-14-2014, 12:01 AM
So imagine you were safer sephiroth about to carry out your mission to destroyed the world when a band of 8 rag tag hoodlums show up to ruin everything. For some reason, only 3 step up to fight while the other 5 go for a smoke or watch TV or something during the fight.

Which 3 members of the party would you, as sephiroth, want to fight out of the group of 8?

Remember, you're yhr bad guy.

Ayen
10-14-2014, 12:13 AM
I'd want to fight Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent.

Cloud because he's a boob, Tifa because I enjoy impaling women with my big sword, and Vincent because I hate Shinra.

chionos
10-14-2014, 12:41 AM
I'd want to fight Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent.

Cloud because he's a boob, Tifa because I enjoy impaling women with my big sword, and Vincent because I hate Shinra.

I hope that was an accident. Just because it's more fun that way.

I'd want to fight Cait Sith because he's lame, Vincent because I think I can convert him, and Aeris because she's dead and that's one less person to fight. Though, I killed her once, I can kill her again, right? Right!?

VeloZer0
10-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Cait Sith, because he looks like a complete chump
Yuffie, because it looks like she would bail when things got really tough
Cid, because he is a pilot and not a trained warrior, making him theoretically weaker

Sephiroth
10-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Sephiroth, normal, Rebirth or Sepher would choose all of them at once which he did anyway by demonstrating how powerless they are in his presence.

If I must choose though:

Cloud - because of the grudge which was the reason to go for him
Vincent - because, knowing of the Lifestream and reading minds, he knows of all the background, also to hurt Cloud
For the last one he rolls. Everyone of them being hurt would hurt Cloud anyway.

VeloZer0
10-14-2014, 08:50 PM
At that point did Sephiroth give a damn about Cloud? I always took it that he regarded Cloud as a nobody right until the end of the game.

Sephiroth
10-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Which is exactly the problem. He thinks Cloud is a nobody that defeated him. The Ultimania describes the grudge of him caused by the defeat against a normal soldier as such an insult to his ego. Hence all those "By someone like you ... !?"-like lines, tricking Cloud into thinking his life was nothing and all. It is true though that right after his state of awakening while seeing him animating the body in the Cargo Ship he didn't even recognize Cloud really. He was meditating most of the time or whichever fitting word you want to use for it while he restored and absorbedd energy inside of the crystal. And then suddenly he starts the Reunion and animates the body. Of course he did not really act that normal. He even later talked like a normal person to Cloud as appropriately said, he was just a nobody. Except being the somebody defeating him. An ordinary, weak human that looked like nothing but Cloud had something to fight for. Sephiroth has his own circle of doom. Everytime he gets defeated by Cloud it insults him and because of it he wants to destroy Cloud mentally and show how superior he is to everyone before he ultimately kills them, especially him. The pleasure of taking away things that are worth fighting. Aerith, the Highwind CD2 speech of everyone knowing a reason for them to fight, et cetera. Those things make them strong. And Sephiroth wants to destroy that before he finally recreates life. His very own weakness. Human-level Arrogance.

Spooniest
10-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Which is exactly the problem. He thinks Cloud is a nobody that defeated him. The Ultimania describes the grudge of him caused by the defeat against a normal soldier as such an insult to his ego. Hence all those "By someone like you ... !?"-like lines, tricking Cloud into thinking his life was nothing and all. It is true though that right after his state of awakening while seeing him animating the body in the Cargo Ship he didn't even recognize Cloud really. He was meditating most of the time or whichever fitting word you want to use for it while he restored and absorbedd energy inside of the crystal. And then suddenly he starts the Reunion and animates the body. Of course he did not really act that normal. He even later talked like a normal person to Cloud as appropriately said, he was just a nobody. Except being the somebody defeating him. An ordinary, weak human that looked like nothing but Cloud had something to fight for. Sephiroth has his own circle of doom. Everytime he gets defeated by Cloud it insults him and because of it he wants to destroy Cloud mentally and show how superior he is to everyone before he ultimately kills them, especially him. The pleasure of taking away things that are worth fighting. Aerith, the Highwind CD2 speech of everyone knowing a reason for them to fight, et cetera. Those things make them strong. And Sephiroth wants to destroy that before he finally recreates life. His very own weakness. Human-level Arrogance.

How about some formatting?

chionos
10-19-2014, 03:16 AM
If I were Sephiroth, I'd want to face off against Spooniest.

Mirage
10-19-2014, 03:58 AM
Cait sith because he doesn't like big toys
Yuffie because teenage ninja girls are just annoying
redthirteen because poaching is just so exciting

Spooniest
10-19-2014, 05:08 AM
If I were Sephiroth, I'd want to face off against Spooniest.

Only if I get to Omnislash him with the Spoonblade.

Sephiroth
10-19-2014, 10:05 AM
How about some formatting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSI1QsIo8g

Marionette Cherry
10-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Cloud, pick off the leader, make the rest despair also settle a personal matter.

Colonel Angus
10-19-2014, 09:43 PM
It would have to be Cait Sith, Yuffie & Cid. Cid's just an old guy, probably have to take a potty break halfway through the battle. Yuffie's a little girl, is she going to tell dad on me? Cait Sith, LOL, a wittle kitty on a marshmallow.

Sephiroth
10-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Sephiroth is 29, Cid is 32, so not really old in comparison.

Colonel Angus
10-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Sephiroth is 29, Cid is 32, so not really old in comparison.
People in their 30s are sooooo old.