PDA

View Full Version : Broken Seal

Chris
10-14-2014, 08:58 AM
You buy something. You take it with you. You arrive back home. You notice that its seal is broken. Do you return it? :shifty:

http://i59.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/211pe1y.jpg

~*~Celes~*~
10-14-2014, 09:26 AM
eww, yes. Though, we are pretty anal about checking stuff like that before we buy it. We'd rather not buy potentially contaminated goods!

Sephex
10-14-2014, 09:50 AM
eww, yes. Though, we are pretty anal about checking stuff like that before we buy it. We'd rather not buy potentially contaminated goods!

Well, putting items on your butt in the store isn't exactly the right thing to do, either.

Shorty
10-14-2014, 06:15 PM
No. I'd just throw it away and not bother with the hassle of going back to the store to return it, probably.

escobert
10-14-2014, 06:27 PM
I'd probably do the same as shorty unless it was something I really needed.

Freya
10-14-2014, 06:34 PM
It depends what it is. If it's food or something like that, yeah not dealing with that. If it's a game or whatever from a electronic store, they tend to leave cases out and have the games behind so the seal is broken then. I prefer if that wasn't done but I understand it more. If they don't have any more in stock and i have to take the display one, okay, i just want the game.

Yamaneko
10-15-2014, 01:45 AM
I take my coffee black and my pills tampered.

Psychotic
10-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Nobody can lose in the game of toothpaste roulette my friends.

Jowy
10-15-2014, 07:39 AM
i wouldn't leave the store unless whatever i bought looked immaculate.

Shiny
10-15-2014, 09:59 PM
For things that are supposed to be sealed, I always check before I buy it, so this doesn't happen. I have even put down a box of probiotics that were also encased in aluminum and plastic because the box looked dented. I was not having that.

If the rare chance of something being tamepered does pass through my radar, best believe I will be returning it. Today the worse thing happened. I got a latte from troutbucks and the lid smelled weird. I only realized after I got outside. I returned it and had a different troutbucks make me a new one for free.

Leesin
10-16-2014, 03:34 AM
It depends on which items you buy, something you can return but others you cannot :)

Arc_Master_14
10-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Yea I'm super careful, anything that will enter my body will be completely checked for any possible damage. Also Expensive things I'll be super concerned about the box being dented, unless I know it was well packaged.

Shlup
10-18-2014, 02:50 AM
A few days ago I was reading a Reddit thread where people talked about a moment where they thought "What the fuck is wrong with people?" One guy described a scene in Walmart... He was trying to get some ice cream, but a very large woman was in his way, standing in the open door, picking up various cartons and shoving the seals in her pockets... and then licking across the whole top of the ice cream. And, yes, she put them back in the case.

So, yes, I would return it.