PDA

View Full Version : [FFX-2] X-2's English Dub

Forsaken Lover
10-15-2014, 01:22 AM
ZFhKRZ1pv7o

One thing a lot of people did feel was better in the sequel was the English voice-acting. Apparently this is more to do with direction than actual acting.

What did everyone here think of the English voices and song performances? I really like that they translated the two vocal pieces for the game. The lady was a great singer.

And I cannot stop praising Yuna's English VA enough. She improved so much from X.

Jinx
10-15-2014, 01:29 AM
Yuna's VA did improve a lot between the games! Too bad the material she had to work with was so inferior! Don't get me wrong, I love FFX-2, but it's horrible.

I really like the songs a LOT. I don't generally care for songs in other languages, and I think Japanese is super ugly, so I don't listen to any Japanese music. I think the translated songs are great, especially 1000 Words.

Ayen
10-15-2014, 03:16 AM
I never thought the voice acting in the first game was that bad to begin with. Chalk it down to growing up in the PS One era where bad voice acting was more common, if you want. I definitely noticed the improvement with Yuna, though. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think a lot of the problems in the first game came with Hedy Burress having to work around the lip sync from Mayuko Aoki's performance or something. Not sure what was different about X-2 if that's the case.

The music was beautiful.

metagloria
10-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Yuna's voice acting was SO MUCH BETTER in X-2. Part of it, though, had to do with the plot. I mean, in X Yuna always sounds breathy and weak, but that's because...(do I really have to spoiler this? ahh, fine...) she's marching to her own death for 90% of the game. In X-2, she's free from that, and therefore living a more carefree life, and her change in tone reflects that. But it's just so much nicer to hear.

Pumpkin
10-19-2014, 01:03 AM
I thought it was really strong. Except Rikku's way of speaking in the second one got on my nerves a few times