PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS THAT SMELL

Shiny
10-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Since going to the allergist today I can now breath out of both my nostrils, but my sense of smell is super strong and I can't help but be hyper sensitive of every new scent. I am realizing 90% of what I smell in NYC is bad. D:

What's your strongest sense?

Freya
10-15-2014, 10:09 PM
I need to do that too. I can't smell anything. Randomly I get it back and it's usually a horrible smell. blargh.

I have ridiculously good eyesight. Mostly night vision. In the past few years i've developed a slight light sensitivity and so it sucks during the day sometimes but holy hell am I badass out at night. It's not like I have special goggles or anything but it's better than others.

Colonel Angus
10-15-2014, 10:12 PM
My nose usually works well, but I have sinus issues & my nose is a little messed up.

My eyes are pretty bad. I'm pretty much Hans Moleman w/o glasses.

My hearing is a little off, as I sometimes can hear things, but can't hear "what" it is.

My sense of taste is good, as well as sense of touch.

Denmark
10-15-2014, 10:38 PM
my vision = #1 eyes NA

Shoeberto
10-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Everytime I offer my opinion in an unsolicited manner, it ends up being pretty great. So I'd say my two sense.

chionos
10-15-2014, 11:06 PM
I wear glasses, and my ears are fading fast.

I have an uncanny sense of taste, which is often a bad thing.

My sense of touch is also strong, although I do actually have a neurological disorder which sometimes affects my sense of touch in various ways. Sometimes different parts of my body go numb, or go hypersensitive, but in a normal state, my sense of touch is autism-level, which might be appropriate as I've never been tested but have several "symptoms" of autism.

Shorty
10-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Probably taste. Sight, hearing, and touch are all terrible, and smell is nothing extraordinary.

Night Fury
10-16-2014, 01:10 AM
Hmm, I think probably smell! (I know, Locky is good at smelling things lmao lol lol rofl)

My eyesight is okay, but I do need to wear glasses when I'm reading for a long time (I never remember though, ooops). Hearing is not too good as well, my Mum suffers from partial deafness and I do think I got a bit of that from her as I can sometimes struggle with my hearing. Taste and touch, eh!

But yeah, smell. I'm good at knowing what a smell is, and I'm always the first person to smell something (I know, lol lol she who smelt it dealt it haha lmao roflcopter). But also I'm really good at knowing when I'm cooking when something is cooked by the smell - that's probably just because I cook and bake a lot. I think maybe because I lived with a pack of dogs for so long maybe they rubbed off on me idk.

Ayen
10-16-2014, 01:12 AM
I know it's not smell, hearing, or sight. I never really paid attention to how well my taste and touch senses are.

noxious.sunshine
10-16-2014, 01:39 AM
Since going to the allergist today I can now breath out of both my nostrils, but my sense of smell is super strong and I can't help but be hyper sensitive of every new scent. I am realizing 90% of what I smell in NYC is bad. D:

What's your strongest sense?

Come to by where I live. Nothing but ocean breeze. It nearly makes me gag going into Greater Queens and beyond now.

Probably smell as well. I'm convinced I'm losing my hearing cuz I sometimes talk way too loud without realizing it, Im supposed to wear glasses cuz I'm near-sighted, and I probably use too much seasoning when cooking even though I try to avoid using salt as much as possible whether it's garlic or peppers or whatever..

fire_of_avalon
10-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Hearing for the traditional five.

Psychotic
10-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Taste. I can tell the difference between brands of bottled water.

chionos
10-16-2014, 07:36 PM

I think you meant snobbery, not taste. Your sense of snobbery is the best.

Spooniest
10-16-2014, 08:42 PM
I suppose it's quite appropriate that I'm the first person to go with hearing.

Music, and what not.

Freya
10-16-2014, 10:41 PM
You know some waters do taste badly...

Shiny
10-17-2014, 03:17 AM
Come to by where I live. Nothing but ocean breeze. It nearly makes me gag going into Greater Queens and beyond now..

Don't you live in one of the most dangerous places in NY with a very high crime rate?

Probably the reason behind that is the companies that process all sorts of beverages other than just water in the same system. If it were pure and filtrated it should just taste like nothing. Aquafina suspiciously tastes like metal and hint of dirt. I blame Pepsi.

Colonel Angus
10-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Dirt was the secret ingredient in Lemon Slice.

Shlup
10-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Is sleep a sense? I'm really good at sleep.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Since going to the allergist today I can now breath out of both my nostrils

What was the treatment?

Shauna
10-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Evian is a particularly bad tasting water.

I would probably say my super-sense would be hearing. I am pretty great at listening to things and hearing things other people don't. Although, maybe I just associate people who listened to too much rock and/or roll music as teenagers, who have damaged their hearing irreparably.

I wish I could say my eyesight but I am pretty much blind without my glasses so. :(

escobert
10-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I voted for the last option but I'd have to say hearing for me. I used to be able to see great but, concussions have effected that.

Shiny
10-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Since going to the allergist today I can now breath out of both my nostrils

What was the treatment?

My allergies are asthma related so they prescribed Qvar which is a daily inhaler I take twice a day. Once I pass the breathing test they'll then do a more specific allergy test to create the right formula for me. They'll then take that formula and administer weekly shots over a period of months until I no longer need to take allergy medication (zyrtec, clairitin) daily. Sucks -_-

Mirage
10-17-2014, 11:14 PM
my hearing used to be brilliant, but then I went to a few concerts and that was that.

Relative to human limitations, I would say I have a good sense of smell and sight.

Chris
10-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Taste and hearing are my strongest. My sight is terrible. I use contacts.

Alive-Cat
10-21-2014, 05:43 PM
There was so many cats, they were running rampant, they were full of beans. I was full of beans. We were all full of beans. It was all over the side of the bed. But it was meant to be, there were many options and we were all full of beans. I cannot stress this enough. Running rampant, they were. They did. Conquered the odds and now everything is golden and cheddar. Quasar. Pulse in the night, send me your beacon. Flow the overcharging embers of ABC. Trail me, trai e. t m . -

Spooniest
10-21-2014, 06:35 PM
There was so many cats, they were running rampant, they were full of beans. I was full of beans. We were all full of beans. It was all over the side of the bed. But it was meant to be, there were many options and we were all full of beans. I cannot stress this enough. Running rampant, they were. They did. Conquered the odds and now everything is golden and cheddar. Quasar. Pulse in the night, send me your beacon. Flow the overcharging embers of ABC. Trail me, trai e. t m . -

:O

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Had to pick every option. Sorry. I can't help it. I see multi-choice, I multi-choose. :blush: