PDA

View Full Version : Mozart in the Jungle

Hannibal_Khan
10-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Did anyone else watch this pilot? It's written by Roman Coppola and Jason Schwartzman. I thought it was pretty funny and its a unique premise for comedy.

Here a quick synopsis: "Sex, drugs and classical music illustrate what happens behind the curtains at the symphony can be just as captivating as what occurs on stage."

Roman and Jason also wrote The Darjeeling Limited together, which is a filmed I really enjoyed.

Here's a link to watch the pilot, the rest of the series begins filming in Dec i think;

http://www.solarmovie.is/tv/mozart-in-the-jungle-2014/season-0/episode-1/

Ayen
10-16-2014, 01:11 AM
This is the first I'm hearing of it. It being exclusive to Amazon is probably why.

chionos
10-16-2014, 03:16 AM
I watched almost all of the Amazon pilots last season except for this one. No reason why, I just skipped it for later and never got around to it. If it got green-lit, then I'll watch the pilot soon. Looking forward to some of the other shows they've got coming this next year.

Hannibal_Khan
10-16-2014, 03:26 AM
I watched almost all of the Amazon pilots last season except for this one. No reason why, I just skipped it for later and never got around to it. If it got green-lit, then I'll watch the pilot soon. Looking forward to some of the other shows they've got coming this next year.
were the other pilots any good?

chionos
10-16-2014, 03:51 AM
were the other pilots any good?

Several of them, yes. I was intrigued by The After, even if it had some anomalies that worried me. And then they released season one of Betas already. As far as the new ones go, Hand of God has to most potential for me, the others weren't that great. And even Hand of God depends on where they go with it.

Edit: Just watched Mozart in the Jungle. I wasn't blown away by it, but it showed promise in a few areas. The biggest problem for me was that it seemed to lack authenticity. Like it's sacrificing truthfulness for drama and sensation. It's a pilot though, so perhaps in the first season that will work itself out. I hope. I'll watch the first season when it comes out certainly.

Hannibal_Khan
12-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Amazon has announced that all 10 episodes will be available for streaming on Dec. 23 in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.

Shorty
12-19-2014, 11:23 PM
omg I haven't even heard of this! Adding it to my list!