PDA

View Full Version : Favorite team-up

Colonel Angus
10-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Which 3 characters do you prefer the most for your team? What roles do you give said characters?

Ayen
10-16-2014, 01:24 AM
I always had Ashe, Balthier, and Basch because I liked surrounding Ashe with sexy men.

chionos
10-16-2014, 03:14 AM
Ashe does not deserve those sexy men. Of course, nobody deserves Balthier. He's peerless. Immaculate.

Pumpkin
10-16-2014, 04:38 AM
Penelo, Balthier, Fran

Wolf Kanno
10-17-2014, 06:20 AM
I always used Lady Ashe, Balthier, and Basch.

DrAssenov
12-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Ashe, Balthier, Basch! These three are really great together! Sometimes I'd swap out Ashe for Fran, though.

Ayen
12-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Ashe does not deserve those sexy men. Of course, nobody deserves Balthier. He's peerless. Immaculate.

Ashe deserve all the sexy men in the world.

Cleric
12-23-2014, 02:15 AM
Ashe, Basch, and Penelo. Ashe usually with heavy armor and Tournesol. Basch I usually set up with Berserk/Haste/Bravery and Masamune with Genji Gloves for crazy combos...Penelo I usually have designated as a support/healer with either Excalibur as main weapon or Ninja swords and Cat-ear hood.

Dat Matt
12-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Vaan - I couldn't be bothered changing from Default
Ashe - As the true main character of the game, she made it to my team.
Penelo - Dat Booty.

Quindiana Jones
01-01-2015, 07:23 AM
I believe I typically rocked Vaan, Basch and possibly Balthier, but I would always train the whole team up so I could switch any out. If I played it again now as a decent human being, it would of course be Ashe, Basch, and Balthier.

Colonel Angus
01-01-2015, 11:10 PM
There are too many times someone dies or is near death to not try to keep everyone on pace. I tend to switch out people based on what I have them do.

Usually Basch or Vaan are the tanks.

Ashe or Penelo are the mages.

Fran or Balthier fill out the third.

Pumpkin
01-01-2015, 11:22 PM
I always make my characters like this:
Vaan: Green mage, daggers, med armor
Penelo: White mage, rods, light armor
Balthier: Time mage, guns, hand-bombs, poles, heavy armor
Fran: Black Mage, bows, certain swords, light armor
Basch: Arcane mage, all kinds of swords, spears, heavy armor
Ashe: Red mage (limited black and white magic), staves, swords, med armor

Formalhaut
01-09-2015, 10:10 PM
My primary team was always Balthier (L), Ashe and Penelo. Balthier was always ranged, and generally with a gun. Ashe physically attacked and Penelo was my primary healer.

Of course, that all went out the window when you get Tournasol, Zodiac Spear etc. and it was much more efficient to just charge out and whack everything to death.

Aulayna
01-11-2015, 11:56 PM
My regular party teneded to be Ashe (L), Basch and then the third one would generally rotate between Penelo or Balthier.

Ashe was always (L) as soon as I got her so she pretty much could do everything, Basch would be more of a melee/tank with Penelo filling in the caster/support role.

metagloria
01-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Basch, Fran, and whoever. I actually use all six pretty evenly.

Quindiana Jones
01-15-2015, 08:15 PM
I do the same thing with reserve teams. Vaan and Ashe are amazing tanks, wielding sword and board with green magic to help out. Basch is my damage dealer, wielding some arcane stuff if I remember it right. Penelo was, of course, the pure mage. Balthier and Fran were my ranged dudes using other supporting magic where necessary.

Snap Jumper
02-22-2015, 03:25 AM
I use Penelo, Ashe, and Balthier. Basch is subbed in when needed. I dislike Fran and refuse to use Vaan unless the game forces me to. Penelo goes melee and is the backup healer, Ashe does the buffing and a majority of the healing, and Balthier fights ranged and helps prevent Ashe from getting status effects.

Egami
02-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Ashe, Balthier and Basch; with Ashe, who is my favorite character of the game, being the party leader. When I am in a city/town and the game makes me control Vaan, I always like to think of Ashe and co. relaxing on the Pub, feet up and all, and sending Vaan to do all the errants for them.

Alonzo_
02-25-2015, 08:39 PM
First playtrough and I'm using Vaan, Bash and Fran, Vaan and Bash cause I thought they are cool
Fran cause I liked her voice and her bow did more dmg then Balthier so I kept her and I don't like to change a working party so I didn't swap anyone out for Ashe or Penelo