PDA

View Full Version : Revamping Yo Leftovers

noxious.sunshine
10-16-2014, 03:08 PM
I so do not know how to cook for just 2 people. And with my boyfriend's dietary needs and now having our roommate here again, I tend to cook large amounts of food just to make it easier on everyone. But it gets old eating the same thing everyday for 3 days and I'm well aware of that. What are some things you make in bulk that you revamp into a different meal later on? I made a huge batch of really awesome chilli the other day and made chilli cheese taquitos with it.. With Pico de gallo and leftover salsa and some sour cream. It was sooooo good.And the other morning, I did chili cheese omelettes with fried potatoes mixed into the chili!

sharkythesharkdogg
10-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Usually I'll do something typical like take the leftover meat/vegetables and make it into a stew/casserole.

I think the most creative thing I did with leftovers was when I made some Cajun style pork chops.

I had some left over, so added bite sized chunks of spicy pork chop into my corn bread batter along with some cheese, honey, and jalapenos and baked it all into a big cornbread/casserole loaf.

It turned out pretty well, with the spicy meat and jalapenos playing off the cheese and honey.