PDA

View Full Version : Is This your favorite NES entry?

Wolf Kanno
10-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Since this game received the most exposure, I was curious to see how many EoFFers rank this as their favorite of the NES entries?

For me, it's my second favorite, with FFIII being my overall favorite and FFII being my least favorite of the NES entries. I love it's replay value and the subtle story of the world and themes.

VeloZer0
10-17-2014, 07:14 AM
If we just compare NES entries this is just a little bit behind. If we go with remakes then FF3 blows it out of the water.

Rez09
10-17-2014, 02:34 PM
It's actually a bit hard for me to pick between FF1 and 3, as both are among my favorites in the series and for pretty similar reasons, but I think I'll have to give the edge to FF3 today. It has a lot more to do, see, and explore, as well as significantly more character customization.

theundeadhero
10-18-2014, 06:00 AM
Yep :) The other two don't even come close.

Omni-Odin
10-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Ya, for me it was. I hated III's job system and thought the story was hard to follow because of how little was said about it as you played (10 hours playing/1 sentence of story dialogue) leaving me no care of the story and characters. I'd get by that if it weren't for the job system being a hastle. At least for me.

II was a much better story and cast of characters, but the leveling system was aggravating and annoying.

I had the simplest story, but I had the most fun with it. Good group of villains and enemies. Just a simple, fun, and challenging RPG. I guess I just expect way more from sequels lol.

Vermachtnis
10-23-2014, 06:26 PM
I like III a little better. And I like them both a hell of a lot better than II.

Ayen
10-25-2014, 11:29 AM
I haven't played all the NES entries yet. I still need to play III, but as of right now, yes. This is my favorite entry.

Colonel Angus
10-26-2014, 09:36 PM
I started to play a bit of the Famicom version of III yesterday, & I kind of enjoy it. For now, the first one is still the best, but III is giving it a run for it's money.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Are you strictly talking NES/Famicom versions of the games?