PDA

View Full Version : Nightcrawler (movie, not marvel related)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-22-2014, 04:16 AM
I'm going to go see this in theaters. I'm very excited about it. I saw the original trailer shortly after it was put up a while back and I thought the story was very intriguing.

I'm not sure how the comments section of these trailers look now, but initially they were swarmed with people who were upset this wasn't a new marvel film based off the title :exdee:

Watch the trailer and let me know if this is something you'd be interested in watching.

A pulse-pounding thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Lou Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal), a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling -- where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Nina, a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou thrives. In the breakneck, ceaseless search for footage, he becomes the star of his own story.

u1uP_8VJkDQ

Night Fury
10-23-2014, 07:24 AM
I'm interested in this. I like the premise, and if Phil and I HAD to see a movie on Halloween, I'd choose this for sure.

Shiny
10-25-2014, 06:05 AM
I wanted to go to the NBR screening of this, this weekend with a Jake Gyllenhaal Q&A, but I've been waitlisted because it's full. ;__;

That means I have to pay to see it. Boo.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-25-2014, 07:22 AM
I wanted to go to the NBR screening of this, this weekend with a Jake Gyllenhaal Q&A, but I've been waitlisted because it's full. ;__;

I want to go to something like that. It sounds like it'd be a blast.

I was going to go opening night, but my local theater is only playing Rocky Horror Picture Show :-/ I'll see how the weekend looks.

Night Fury
10-26-2014, 04:06 AM
I think Jake is a really good actor who's had some troutty roles in the past, I'm hoping he's going to shine in this. It looks soooo dark.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-30-2014, 05:33 AM
I shall be seeing this after I get off work tomorrow. Woo!

Shiny
10-30-2014, 07:39 AM
I hope the distributer puts it up for digital viewing tomorrow. Not everyone wants to have the theater experience with every movie they see.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2014, 04:15 AM
I'm like that, Shiny, but for this one I do actually want the theater experience. Movies like this, Interstellar, action flicks, etc I want to see in theaters. A lot of movies I love that are more character driven, though, I wait to come out on DVD so I can sit in my house all comfy and cheaply watch them.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Saw this on Halloween night and I loved it. I'll wait til a few more people say they watched it so I can spoiler tag my thoughts.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-03-2014, 05:53 AM
I was gonna ask if you'd seen it yet. I was going to see the movie, but the friend who was meeting me there/buying my ticket as a late birthday gift never showed up. I waited until the movie had already started and gave up. I'm thinking about seeing it tomorrow if I have the time though.

Night Fury
11-03-2014, 11:08 AM
:(

It's not being shown until the end of frickin November in Australia. /unikittyrage