PDA

View Full Version : Harvest All Da Moons

Pumpkin
10-25-2014, 05:24 AM
I am going to try two Harvest Moon Games. Grand Bazaar and Island of Happiness

Which are your favouritest Harvest Moon Games

(Yes, I am playing entirely to get married)

Rez09
10-25-2014, 03:02 PM
I've really only played two games in the series for more than a few hours, the original and Harvest Moon Cute (I believe it was called), and of the two . . . I prefer the original, though probably more due to all the silly mistakes I made while playing it than anything else.

"What's that? There's a hurricane coming through? The hell does that mean? Whatever, I'm heading to bed now. Have fun in the fields, chickens! And cows. And crops I'll pick in the morning. And dog. And fence posts I so love even though I have no idea what useful function you serve."

Q_Q

Bolivar
10-25-2014, 05:40 PM
I only played a few - the SNES original, the GBC remake of the GameBoy original, Harvest Moon 3 on GBC, and Rune Factory for the DS (which still had HM in the title). I also played either the PlayStation version or its PSP remake, I honestly can't remember which one. I spent the most time on the first GBC one, though.

I don't know why, there's just something insanely addicting about growing crops and clearing brush.

Skyblade
10-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I've played a lot of Harvest Moon. My favorite is actually Harvest Moon 64. But I like most of them. The original was classic, the GameBoy games were great, the GameCube games were fun.

But then Rune Factory came out and basically made the series obsolete to me. Better characterization, more depth (even to just the farming), better stat system...

Vyk
10-26-2014, 12:40 AM
My girlfriend has been mildly interested in them, but I don't think she actually tried any. Her interest was only piqued because she super enjoyed the latest Rune Factory game and was interested in going back. But for being old life sim games where you create your own avatar in the game world, there sure is a lack of female avatars. I'm not sure if Harvest Moons had any. And most Rune Factories made you play through all of the game, or half of it, to unlock an option to be female. So yeah. You have an avatar. BUT IT HAS TO BE A DUDE. That's so you. Right, vagina boobs person?

They honestly looked a little slow and boring to me, that's why I skipped on Animal Crossing and The Sims as well. But that last Rune Factory did look interesting. Unfortunately one of my girlfriend's friends has permanently borrowed it lol But now we have Fantasy Life. So here's hoping Level 5 can do a decent job on the style or whatever

Pumpkin
10-26-2014, 02:58 AM
I'm planning to play some Rune Factory's too

Here are the games in this series I am going to play
Harvest Moon Island of Happiness
Harvest Moon A Tale of Two Towns (playing this one now, have decided on my bachelorette)
Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley
Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar
Rune Factory 3
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Skyblade
10-26-2014, 06:23 AM
My girlfriend has been mildly interested in them, but I don't think she actually tried any. Her interest was only piqued because she super enjoyed the latest Rune Factory game and was interested in going back. But for being old life sim games where you create your own avatar in the game world, there sure is a lack of female avatars. I'm not sure if Harvest Moons had any. And most Rune Factories made you play through all of the game, or half of it, to unlock an option to be female. So yeah. You have an avatar. BUT IT HAS TO BE A DUDE. That's so you. Right, vagina boobs person?

They honestly looked a little slow and boring to me, that's why I skipped on Animal Crossing and The Sims as well. But that last Rune Factory did look interesting. Unfortunately one of my girlfriend's friends has permanently borrowed it lol But now we have Fantasy Life. So here's hoping Level 5 can do a decent job on the style or whatever

Only Rune Factory 2 (which was my least favorite of the series) forced you to play halfway to unlock the female option. 1 and 3 completely lacked female playability. 4 includes it from the start.

There were several Harvest Moon games that featured playable female characters, though.

Vyk
10-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Whichever the console one was for PS3 and Wii forced you to play halfway to unlock female as well. Was that 2, or was it a spinoff? I don't recall it being called 2, I know it had a subtitle. But it still may have been 2. I was unaware that the Harvest Moons had any female options. That's pretty awesome. But makes me wonder why that wouldn't then transfer over to Rune Factory when they started making those. Doesn't make much sense. But whatever. At least it happened in the end

Skyblade
10-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Whichever the console one was for PS3 and Wii forced you to play halfway to unlock female as well. Was that 2, or was it a spinoff? I don't recall it being called 2, I know it had a subtitle. But it still may have been 2. I was unaware that the Harvest Moons had any female options. That's pretty awesome. But makes me wonder why that wouldn't then transfer over to Rune Factory when they started making those. Doesn't make much sense. But whatever. At least it happened in the end

Oh, Rune Factory Frontier? I didn't play a lot of that one (handheld is better), so I didn't know. It did continue directly from the first game in the series, with the same main character, and I never knew you got to change who you played as.

Several of the Harvest Moon games with playable females didn't have playable male characters. I think Rune Factory may have been the first to give you a choice.

Christmas
04-04-2022, 04:06 AM
Mine is the old school SNES and the PlayStation version. Gotto love my little farmer boy who is alway out preying on girls to marry him. :bigsmile: