PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy life

Dante WolfWood
10-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Picked it up last night and I'm having a blast. The combat has been fun so far and the dialogue is great!

Who else has picked up this gem? If you have, add me! I'd love to have more people to play with!

Vyk
10-25-2014, 05:19 PM
I bought it yesterday as well. Had it on pre-order since it's the closest thing I'd probably ever get to their failed True Fantasy Live Online. And it's in the vein of things like Rune Factory, which I've never played but been always curious about. And apparently the last Rune Factory was awesome. My girlfriend played the hell out of it. And for that, I gave her first crack at this game. So I have yet to play it. She seemed to enjoy it so far. But mentioned that the beginning is one long-ass tutorial. So hurray to Level 5 and their shot-gun approach to tutorials and hand-holding lol

I love them, but they seem to always do something similar. They have great ideas. But they're a little clunky at implementing them sometimes. Which doesn't generally ruin their games (though it came close with Ni No Kuni). I can't wait to try it and get past all the tutorials and begin enjoying my fantasy life

Dante WolfWood
10-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Meh, the tutorial wasn't that bad imo. The dialogue was funny and interesting enough to make it bearable. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it!

If you want someone to adventure with, I'm always down! My friend code is 2766-9422-7566

NeoCracker
10-31-2014, 06:05 AM
Lot of fun with this game thus far. Not as good as, say, Rune Factory 3, but still very enjoyable. I think it suffers a lot for the multiple crafting systems being practically Identical though.

Polnareff
11-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh god, another long tutorial? I had enough of that with Level-5's other games. I think the only games they made that didn't have those annoying tutorials were the later Dragon Quest games. :(

I was gonna get this last Thursday but opted for Freedom Wars since it was 30 bucks.