PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy an (unofficial) game of Mafia?

Citizen Bleys
10-26-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm still not on for running the Clue game while not-on-vacation due to complexity, but if there's any interest now, I'm down to host a 13p game to be played on your regular EoFF accounts. (I'm quitting smoking and have no idea what non-smokers do on their breaks at work. This will give me something to do)

The name of the game is C9++ (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B)
Rules will match my previous game:

24 hour day phases
18 hour night phases
Once a player receives a simple majority (floor(number of players) + 1) they are lynched. All players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until the flip is posted, but further votes and unvotes will not be counted.
Plurality lynching rules apply: This means that if the deadline runs out without a hammer, whoever has the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the wagon containing the oldest vote will be lynched.
A No Lynch can only be achieved by a majority vote. In the event of the deadline running out, only votes to lynch will be counted for plurality lynching rules.
Once again, QuickTopics will be used; in addition to the Dead and Scum QTs, there will be an additional Spoiler QT with setup and night actions (It will be linked to in the first post of the Dead QT or given to non-players upon request. Naturally, players with Spoiler QT access cannot replace into the game), and in the event a setup with a serial killer is rolled, they will be given a stream-of-consciousness QT to be shared with the mod.
The Spoiler QT will be posted at the conclusion of the game. The Dead and Scum (as well as any Masons or SKs) will have the right to withold public access to their quicktopics.
To avoid having to bug any staffers, the game thread won't be locked during the night. I think we're all grown-ups here and I can trust you not to post between the end-of-day flip and the announcement of the start of the next day.
Votes and unvotes will only be counted if they are in bold and preceded by a double-hash (##) and on a separate line to make it stand out. I will actually be enforcing this rule this game, since time restraints may make it too easy for me to miss a vote otherwise. Unvoting is not required in order to place a new vote.

I think that about covers it. Post if you're in. (Make sure you specifically say you are signing up, so there's no ambiguity between signups and normal thread comments)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm using a mod tool that I wrote for mafiascum, modified to work on EoFF, so joke votes such as voting for me won't appear in actual vote counts since there won't be an option for that in the software.

Laddy
12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm down.

Aerith's Knight
12-06-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm up for it. Half the time I think of this forum is of the insane posts you see in Mafia games.

Shorty
12-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Count me in!

chionos
12-07-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm down depending on when it would happen.

Citizen Bleys
12-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Well, if it fills this week, we're probably looking at a next-day start time.