PDA

View Full Version : Things you should not read about on the internet

Shiny
10-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Parabens

Now I am getting rid of most of my cosmetic products including a facial cleanser and moisturizer from Kiehl's I just bought. -_-

Vyk
10-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Without any previous knowledge of what a paraben was, I had to google it. And one of the first sites that comes up points out that a full roster or research wasn't performed before findings were published about a link to breast cancer, so the link is considered questionable, and apparently a lot of companies that still use them, limit their use, so the amount may not be that significant. Is Kiehl known for using lots of it? Or is your family prone to breast cancer, making it more concerning?

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, but giving the issue a cursory glance, it sounds like someone may be out there fear-mongering this issue similar to genetically altered foods issues and similar things which can be called questionable but not yet completely ruled dangerous. But again. I just took a glance to find out what it was. You may have found more or newer research