PDA

View Full Version : What PS2 games do you like the best

Frodokorn
10-29-2014, 02:36 PM
I like most 3D platformers. It doesn't matter what its about. Aslong as i can try out a cool 3D view perspective game. Then i'm all for it. Like "Getaway: Black Monday"

Rez09
10-29-2014, 06:35 PM
I suppose I enjoyed the fighting genre the most on the PS2, as there were so many great offerings and I love the system's controller (the D-Pad in particular). Unfortunately, entertainment in the genre dries up with the competition, which is a real problem when you live in the middle of nowhere, and with enough of the better titles never leaving Japan I had to invest in an alternate method of playing them as well, which kind of sucked. All the same, though, I rarely have as much fun with my PS2 as when I find a bunch of people together and we get to throw down in Blade Battlers 2, Actress Again, or The Last Blade 2.

Unfortunately, that being the rare occurrence it is, RPGs are often forced to step in, and, luckily enough, the PS2, assuming the PS1 library is counted as well, is one of my 'go-to' RPG consoles. Between the two systems there's something for any mood I happen to be in, from action to tactics RPGs, traditional turn-based to wannabe dating-sims; the overall selection is quite grand. Additionally, unlike the SNES, I don't usually have to rely on fan translations for a painful amount of the games I want to play, something I infinitely appreciate. It's just too bad I often lose interest in RPGs before I finish them nowadays. I think I've developed gamer ADD. :'(

Ayen
10-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3, Soul Calibur III, SmackDown Shut Your Mouth & Here Come The Pain, SmackDown vs. RAW 1 and 2006, Devil May Cry 3, and a ton of others I'm forgetting at the moment.

AssassinDX
10-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Similar to Tori, minus FFXII.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (and Vice City) is one of the best examples of a 3D world similar to that of The Getaway, as is The Simpsons Hit & Run if the GTA series isn't your thing.

Vyk
10-31-2014, 02:17 AM
I had a lot of PS2 games, but didn't super duper enjoy a whole lot of the ones I had. I missed out on a lot of the best ones unfortunately. Trying to come up with some names, only things that spring to mind are Ico, Soul Calibur 3, and Metal Gear Solid 2

...Oh yeah. Champions of Norrath. So fun

Demon Stone was extremely good too

And I only played it on GameCube, but Beyond Good and Evil was available. And super awesome

Great topic for someone who was immediately banned

Bolivar
10-31-2014, 02:21 AM
Hack n slash like Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks and God of War I & II.

Twitchy third person shooters like The Godfather and From Russia with Love.

Genre-defying titles like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

But of course the RPGs! You could put me on an island with Final Fantasy X, Dragon Quest VIII, and FFXII and I'd be a happy man.

Motdrafin
10-31-2014, 09:09 PM
All of the SMT games (Nocturne, DDS, Raidou Kuzunoha, Persona), Dragon Quest VIII, and Tales of the Abyss are some of my favorites for the PS2.

Wolf Kanno
10-31-2014, 11:18 PM
All of the SMT games (Nocturne, DDS, Raidou Kuzunoha, Persona)

This

Also Metal Gear Solid 3, Suikoden III and V, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and FFXII.

Pete for President
10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Ooh ooh some of these are my favourites. Ace Combat Zero for the flying powpow action, SSX3 for the snowy trickery, Shadow of the Colossus for colossus slaying and awesome scenery, Final Fantasy X for being one the best crafted RPG's ever, and GTA Vice City is just incredible.

Shiny
11-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Hmm, ps2 I feel like that was so long ago, but it wasn't really because I played it up till 2012. Anyway, I'd have to say FFX is my favorite PS2 game. I spent the most time on it out of any other PS2 games.

Rostum
11-04-2014, 05:30 AM
Hmm, probably:

FFX;
FFXII;
SMT: Digital Devil Saga;
Xenosaga (I, II & III);
Kingdom Hearts (I & II);
God of War (I & II);
Okami;
Ico; and
Shadow of the Colossus.

Those are the only ones I can think of from that era that I really loved (yes, even Xenosaga Episode II). Ah I hope they do an FFXII and Xenosaga HD Remaster for PS3/PS4 some day. I'd really like to see them again.

Polnareff
11-04-2014, 05:07 PM
I have to say, Sony's systems normally have the widest variety of games I enjoy. PS2 had so many that it wasn't even funny. And then PS3, PSP, and Vita also had some good varieties of stuff.

RPG:
Suikoden V
Anything from Atlus except the original Persona 3 (FES is cool though)
Makai Kingdom
La Pucelle Tactics
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Final Fantasy X and X-2
Kingdom Hearts series
Wild Arms 3, 4, 5
Tsugunai: Atonement
Shadow Hearts series
Xenosaga series
Tales games (including imports)
Odin Sphere
Muramasa

Fighting:
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Tekken Tag, 4, and 5
Urban Reign
Soul Calibur 2
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Sengoku Basara X
Guilty Gear XX series
The Rumble Fish
DoA2 Hardcore

Collections/Anthologies:
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and 3
Sega Genesis Collection
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Collection
Sonic Gems Collection (was JP and EU exclusive for PS2 though)

Adventure:
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Okami

Action:
Devil May Cry series
Destroy All Humans
God of War series
Sengoku Basara series
Yakuza series
Prince of Persia series
RE4
Castlevania series

I mean, I'm not even scratching the surface here.