PDA

View Full Version : FFIX vs FFX

Pumpkin
10-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Which do you prefer, the throwback end of an era Final Fantasy IX, or the first PS2 entry with the first voice acting FFX?

Jinx
10-31-2014, 06:10 PM
I chose equally, even though FFIX is my actual favorite. I like the both a lot and both have been in my "favorite" spot in the past. I think they're equally good games for different reasons.

Freya
10-31-2014, 06:15 PM
The story of IX resonated with me more than Xs. I share that optimism with Zidane but i've had my low points too where only friends pulled me through.

Plus, chocographs from chocobo hot and cold.

Omni-Odin
10-31-2014, 06:59 PM
I chose FFX. I like IX, but I never loved it as much as some do on this site. FFX resonates with me still. Probably my most replayed FF outside of FFVII. Just a gorgeous game to me.

The Man
10-31-2014, 08:31 PM
IX, and it isn't close.

Sephiroth
10-31-2014, 08:41 PM
Super Saiyan 4 >Whale

Vermachtnis
10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
I liked the cast of IX more than X.

Wolf Kanno
10-31-2014, 10:06 PM

Forsaken Lover
10-31-2014, 10:32 PM
WK posting to show his support for FFX.

Ayen
11-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I prefer Final Fantasy X. IX isn't that far behind, though. Both are in my top five. Who knows how that list will be organized when I replayed all of them, though.

Shiva95
11-02-2014, 01:37 PM
I like them both equally. It depends of my mood. It's two amazing games.

metagloria
11-03-2014, 09:22 PM
X, and it's not particularly close. I think IX is great but really overrated.

Rez09
11-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Had I been asked this even a year ago, I'd have picked X over IX by a mile. However, after attempting to play X again, I realize the odd predicament I am placed into, as it turns out, after all the badmouthing, I'd much rather be playing FF IX.

As much as I dislike the main cast of IX, Steiner and Freya excepted, I'd rather spend two hours alone in a room with that cast than five minutes with Yuna or Tidus or Wakka. The situation is the same with combat and dungeons as well, as I somehow never noticed how tedious it all was in X until I was replaying it, where I was never bothered either element, barring that stupid Trance system, in IX. I prefer the traditional leveling system to the sphere grid, I prefer the cities in IX, I appreciate having a traversable world map and blue mage that matters, I prefer having limits that aren't mini-games, I liked weapon synthesis more than the attribute slapping X offered, I like summons that just do their business attacking instead of replacing my party when they end up so vastly inferior, I liked learning skills from gear and assigning them; I like everything more about IX than X.

EXCEPT
for Blitzball. Blitzball kicks the trout out of Tetra Master.

AND
X's 'postgame'. Playing X again I realized that all the fun I had previously was in collecting materials to make great weapons and improving my stats in the sphere grid to fight arena monsters. That's it. That's ALL I DID THAT I ENJOYED IN THE ENTIRE GAME. And I actually really enjoyed it, even when replaying the game, but, realistically, that isn't enough to edge it over FF IX, even if I don't like IX all that much.

Pumpkin
11-04-2014, 05:29 AM
I disagree with so many things in your post. But the world would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything :lol:

I love the cast of IX, they are my favourite video game ensemble. I dislike the cast of X more and more with each playthrough (I used to love Lulu, Rikku, and Auron, and now I couldn't really care less about them) with the exception of Yuna and Kimahri who I like more and more. I hate Blitzball with a passion, but I love Tetra Master and Chocobo Hot & Cold. I also like the summons sticking around and fighting.

I do agree with you about Trance though. So awful

Rez09
11-04-2014, 05:33 AM
I forgot about Chocobo Hot and Cold.
:shifty:

Pumpkin
11-04-2014, 05:42 AM
I didn't know that was possible