PDA

View Full Version : New FFXV details translated from Paris and the Livestream.

Kozmos
11-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Livestream details courtesy of NeoGaf:
Walking the world

The first video shown is a portion of the Dascae region which will be on the demo
Events and enemy position removed/changed for this video to show just the walking
You can eat and gather information at gas stations
If you can see something in the background you can go to it
Depending on the shape of the ground Noct and friends walking animations will change
If you keep running you can see your friends tire and try to catch their breath
You can fish in streams, rivers, and the ocean!
You can fight the wildlife. As they are always active, be careful as they will attack if you get close
There are buildings in the forest with people living in them. You can enter some of these buildings
There are also animals that aren't enemies like cats and dogs
In order to make the mountains the developers actually climbed one. They might show a video of them doing this one day
Demons like the Naga or the Goblins will come out of the caves at night
It's dangerous at night and is safer to rest at a gas station or by other means
The party members dialogue will change in accordance to the time
A Chocobo was shown in the forest. Look forward to finding out more in the demo
The enemy airship patrols will sometimes land and fight you
Magitek Armor will make an appearance. (was not meant to have been said)
The Dascae region is as a large as 10% of the game

The Tech Demo

Currently transferring the game from Ebony to Luminous

Engine transferring currently 80% complete and will be 100% done by the time the demo is out.

Working with Sony and MS to help push the hardware to its limits

Not all, but you can destroy buildings and the ground

With the power of Luminous FFXV will far surpase FF:AC

Another tech demo is planned to be shown at a later date

Your questions to Tabata

Q.What if I mash the attack button instead of holding it down?
A.Even if you mash the attack button the combo will still operate fine and connect together. It's possible to counter while you button mash; if you hold the button down you have to be more careful of the enemies movements and it's more strategic.

Q.Will Type0 HD be available digitally and will it come with the FFXV demo?
A.Of course

Q.Why doesn't the MP show up on the UI?
A.The battle UI is still temporary. When it is complete it will clearly show the MP

Q.I'm a little worried the game will only last 40 hours
A.The main story itself will take 40 hours. Beating dungeons and other actives will make the length of the game much longer

Next Episode Preview
Jump Festa!

Paris presentation courtesy of Reddit

Starts at 03:20. Everything before is just a presentation of the TGS 2014 Gameplay Trailer.
(03:20) Game Dev: After Watching the TGS Gameplay Trailer It's the first time i've seen it on such a big screen. It's not bad is it? (Crowd laughs)
We will now go on to Q&A but I think it would be a shame to waste such a nice screen so we will put a gameplay demo video at the rear while we talk.
(03:48) Game Dev: What are we going to watch? We will watch Noctis and his friends running. (Crowd Laughs at 4:03)
(04:07) Game Dev: As you already know, the theme for FFXV is a group of friends who wander around a vast world. To show how big and vast the world the video you are about to watch is the characters running without interruption to demonstrate the gigantic size of the FFXV World.
(4:55) Game Dev: Today amongst the people who interviewed me, there was a person who told me a word which has changed the way i would define FFXV. Infact this word is what symbolizes FFXV for me. Bromance. (Crowd laughs and claps)
(5:42) Game Dev: In the video we are about to watch, there is no combat, there is no event there is only strolling/walking just to show you a little the environment and setting of the world.
(6:12) Game Dev: I think it will please you as it is a world exclusive showing of a video we have made just for you. However as there isn't much happening I hope you will not be bored.
(6:35) Game Dev: So please enjoy the video and we will have the Q&A as we watch.
Note: all the questions are asked by the French Presenter/Translator
(6:45) Question 1: Could you please tell us more about how the buttons will be used in terms of control and combat?
(7:00) Game Dev: The combat system for FFXV will utilize 3 buttons. An Attack Button, a Defense Button and an Interactive Button for interactions between different characters. As you know the Combat System uptil now was known as ATB however today in FFXV we call it AXB, Active Cross Battle.
(7:54) Game Dev: I will release further details of the game's Combat System in later stages of the game's promotion but what I can tell you now is that the AXB is a Combat System that we wanted to be simple, instinctive but lets you carry out complicated actions.
(8:30) Game Dev: Are you guys ok? I'm not boring you too much? Do you like it? (crowd cheers in response) Thank You
(8:42) Question 2: Which of Noctis's friends is your favourite?
(8:50) Game Dev: It's him! Gladiolus (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiolus_Amicitia). He is the most Macho of them all. I like him because he seems quite strong/tough. I would like to have a friend like that to protect me. So for now he is my favourite. His name is Gladiolus
(9:24) Question 3: Do you think that FF Type-0 HD will have Japanese Voices? Is it something that you are thinking about including in FFXV?
(9:45) Game Dev: Do you guys think it would be better to also have the Japanese Voices? (Crowds cheers wildly in approval) I think this is today's biggest reaction so far. We will try our best to make sure they are included.(Crowd cheers and claps)
(10:15) Question 4: As we know FFXV will see the return of some classic monsters from previous FF Titles. Can we expect other monsters from the FF franchise that have been redesigned but kept their originality?
(10:42) Game Dev: One of the concepts of the game's graphic design is we wanted to keep the original monster designs by Yoshitaka Amano from the previous titles and to adapt them in the most realist way possible for FFXV. However for FFXV there are certain great classic monsters which are a part of FF tradition that have undergone great changes.
There also the spells of course. But I can't say anymore than that. (boos from the crowd) If i reveal everything now you will not have the pleasure of discovering it for yourselves. But don't worry there's other things I can show you and I can talk about tonight.
(12:10) Question 5: In the TGS Gameplay trailer we saw a frog. Does this mean that the magic in FFXV will allow players to transform monsters and enemies into frogs?
(12:26) Game Dev: As you've seen during the TGS demo there was a frog used in the trailer. However this was not a hint that the magic for transforming enemies into frogs will make a comeback in FFXV. It was just the staff who wanted to have a bit of fun so they threw a frog into the trailer. A little more about the demo you can see on screen, there is night. During the night monsters are alot more terrifying. We wanted to really make the night alot more dangerous.
(Crowd starts to applaud and cheer randomly)
(13:40) Game Dev: Wait wait it's not finished. I know you were expecting the return of Toad/Frog magic ability but it will not be there. However there will be alot of other magic that players can enjoy.

Freya
11-01-2014, 03:56 PM
MAGITEK ARMOR?!

DMKA
11-02-2014, 01:22 AM
MAGITEK ARMOR?!
I wonder if they're talking actual classic style magitek armor like FFXIV has...

http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/article/201304/11/20130411215359a0dg40gwi2vppafw.jpg

Or if they're talking about that mech armor we saw in the 2011 trailer...

http://s30.postimg.org/4vq0fbyyp/magi.jpg

Kozmos
11-02-2014, 01:51 AM
Judging by the 2013 trailer, probably the latter.

DMKA
11-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Ah I've only watched that trailer like 20 times, how did I not notice that? :p

Wolf Kanno
11-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Looking good so far.

DanielCLFFF13
11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
So the ocean are explorable too? Cool :)

Kozmos
11-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Here is the demo translated into English via Kotaku. (http://kotaku.com/the-latest-final-fantasy-xv-video-now-in-english-1653817206)