PDA

View Full Version : November Video Game Releases

Ayen
11-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Is it just me or are months getting shorter? Anyway, let's see what we have to look forward to in November.

4th: Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition [X360], [PS3]
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare [Win], [PS3], [PS4], [X360], [XBO]
Citizens of Earth (we have our own game?) [Win], [PS4], [PSVita], [WiiU], [3DS]
Harvest Moon: The Lost Way [3DS]
MotoGP 14 [Win], [PS3], [X360], [PSVita], [PS4]
Planes: Fire & Rescue [Win], [NDS], [WiiU], [3DS]
Rocksmith 2014 [PS4], [XBO]
The Binding of Issac: Rebirth [PS4], [PSVita], [Win], [Mac], [Lin]
The Wolf Among Us [PS4], [XBO]

6th: Pier Solar HD [WiiU]
The Swapper [WiiU]

7th: Football Manager 2015 [Win], [Mac], [Lin]

11th: Assassin's Creed Rogue [PS3], [X360]
Assassin's Creed Unity [Win], [PS4], [XBO]
Digimon All-Star Rumble [PS3], [X360]
Halo: The Master Chief Collection [XBO]
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham [Win], [PS3], [PS4], [WiiU], [X360], [XBO], [3DS], [PSVita]
Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit! [PSVita]
Shape Up [XBO]
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric [WiiU]
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal [3DS]
Tales of Heart R [PSVita]
Toybox Turbos [Win]
Tropical 5 [X360]

13th: Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 [Win], [PS3], [PS4], [X360], [XBO]
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms [Win]
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor [Win], [Mac]

18th: Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom [3DS], [PS3], [PSVita], [Win], [X360]
Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault [Win]
Dragon Age: Inquisition [Win], [PS3], [PS4], [X360], [XBO]
Escape Dead Island [Win], [PS3], [X360]
Far Cry 4 [Win], [PS3], [PS4], [X360], [XBO]
Grand Theft Auto V [PS4], [XBO]
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd [PS3], [PSVita]
LittleBigPlanet 3 [PS3], [PS4]
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor [PS3], [X360]
Never Alone [Win], [PS4], [XBO]
Watch Dogs [WiiU]
WWE 2K15 [PS4] [XBO]

21st: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS]
Super Smash Bros. [WiiU]

25th: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions [PS3], [PS4]
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth [3DS]
Penguins of Madagascar [3DS], [WiiU]

26h: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions [X360], [XBO]

27th: Raven's City [Win], [Mac], [Lin], [SteamOS]

TBA: Alone in the Dark: Illumination [Win]
Primal Carnage: Extinction [Win]
Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show [X360], [XBO], [PS4]
Rollers Of The Realm [PS4], [PSVita], [Win]

Not a whole lot catches my eye this month. Might check out Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd since I enjoyed the first game. My brother has Dragon Age: Inquisition on pre-order so I'll at least get to check out the gameplay of that. What say you, EoFF?

Shaibana
11-01-2014, 02:53 PM
omg, how ive loved Digimon :P dont think ill get the game though.

not much interesting, besides Assassins Creed Rogue, for me either

and maybe little big planet ^^

Vyk
11-01-2014, 04:41 PM
DRAGON AGE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL. And free time

I hate that Mordor comes out the same day. They REALLY don't want that game to succeed on last gen.

If I ever get a Vita TV and they patch back in Tales of Hearts I'm getting that. I'll buy a Vita TV for it. But not a Vita

I'll probably get Persona and Pier Solar at some point. And morbidly curious about Sonic Boom. But that's probably about it for me

Slothy
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
I saw Rocksmith and got excited. Then I saw it's just being rereleased on PS4 and XBoner. Shame.

NeoCracker
11-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Citzens of Earth, Pier Solar, Persona Q, Dragon Age, Pokemon, Smash Bro's, and Harvest Moon all on my plate for this month. SHould be good fun.

Dr Unne
11-01-2014, 11:30 PM
The Binding of Issac: Rebirth [PS4], [PSVita], [Win], [Mac], [Lin]

I've been waiting for a year. For those who don't know, this is a complete redesign of Binding of Isaac, a procedurally generated NES-Zelda-ish dungeon crawler. Rebirth has double the number of items, more enemies, more bosses, more room designs, new music, new graphics (pixels art!), and perhaps most importantly, it's not a Flash game, so a bunch of stupid limitations and bugs from the original are long gone. BOI was an amazing game in spite of the technical problems, and I'm hyped out of my mind about Rebirth. This'll probably be my November.

If you own the original BOI, you can pre-order this on Steam in the next two days and get a discount.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/
http://bindingofisaac.com/

Polnareff
11-02-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm getting Persona Q, Smash Bros., Tales of Hearts R, and Dragon Age.

DMKA
11-02-2014, 02:43 AM
11th: Assassin's Creed Rogue [PS3], [X360]
Assassin's Creed Unity [Win], [PS4], [XBO]
Digimon All-Star Rumble [PS3], [X360]
Halo: The Master Chief Collection [XBO]
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham [Win], [PS3], [PS4], [WiiU], [X360], [XBO], [3DS], [PSVita]
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric [WiiU]
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal [3DS]
Tales of Heart R [PSVita]

Wowee, the 11th is going to be a busy day at GameStop.

I'm really looking forward to Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Rogue. I'm eager to play Dragon Age Inquisition but will probably just rent it. I'm also eager to rent The Wolf Among Us so I can finally play past the first episode without having to buy the rest of them. :p

Vyk
11-02-2014, 03:37 AM
Just did some research and found out that they did finally patch Tales of Harts R for the Vita TV. So now I know what I'm aiming for by the end of this year. Then I can play Persona 4 Golden, the Corpse Party games, and now Tales of Hearts R. One of the few Tales games that was not really available to english speakers at all (though I had heard rumors about the DS version getting a fan-translation but I was never able to track it down)

Shauna
11-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Just did some research and found out that they did finally patch Tales of Harts R for the Vita TV. So now I know what I'm aiming for by the end of this year. Then I can play Persona 4 Golden, the Corpse Party games, and now Tales of Hearts R. One of the few Tales games that was not really available to english speakers at all (though I had heard rumors about the DS version getting a fan-translation but I was never able to track it down)

Tales of Innocence got an English patch. :}

But on topic, I think the only things I can see on the list of mild interest to me are Lego Batman 3 and Persona Q. However Smash and the Pokemons will be making their way into my household.

Vyk
11-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I've already been playing that on DS. This is why I was so looking forward to the Vita TV, but their last firmware update botched their Tales of Hearts compatibility. So it's nice to see it's back in, because I was never able to find an english version of Hearts for DS (even though I've seen a lot of information regarding its existence, every download I found was either password protected and broken from the wrong password being given by the uploader, or was obviously malware)

This is my only chance to play Hearts. And I may even start over on the revamped version of Innocence~

Del Murder
11-03-2014, 03:22 AM
I'm curious to see how the two AC games are received and if there is a clear cut winner between them or if they will both be good or bad. Since I don't have PS4 I'll be more interested in Rogue but I loved the nautical gameplay from Black Flag so I'm sure this will interest me.

I was interested in the The Wolf Among Us at first but I hear the latter chapters disappoint. So I may pass and just use The Walking Dead 2 to fill that hole.

Once I finally get through DAO:Awakening and DA2 then I'll try out Inquisition, but it looks awesome.

Bolivar
11-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I finished the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare campaign this morning. It's a BIG step forward for the series and for AAA action games in general. The game is a graphical powerhouse on its own but the fact that we're running this at 60fps on $400 consoles just blows me away. PSN and XBL are having issues with people who pre-ordered the game so I haven't even gotten a chance to dive into multiplayer yet. I have messed around with the offline stuff though and everything they put in is very impressive so far.

I've been waiting for a year. For those who don't know, this is a complete redesign of Binding of Isaac, a procedurally generated NES-Zelda-ish dungeon crawler. Rebirth has double the number of items, more enemies, more bosses, more room designs, new music, new graphics (pixels art!), and perhaps most importantly, it's not a Flash game, so a bunch of stupid limitations and bugs from the original are long gone. BOI was an amazing game in spite of the technical problems, and I'm hyped out of my mind about Rebirth. This'll probably be my November.

If you own the original BOI, you can pre-order this on Steam in the next two days and get a discount.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/
http://bindingofisaac.com/

Not only that, it's going to be free for all PlayStation Plus subscribers for both PS4 & Vita. It's also cross-save between the console and handheld. Vita is getting 5 free games in all in November: BOI: Rebirth, Steamworld Dig, Luftrausers, The Hungry Horde, and Escape Plan.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921232

Del Murder
11-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I saw a commercial for Advanced Warfare the other day and it showed Kevin Spacey playing, as far as I could tell, his character from House of Cards. Is that really who he plays?

Bolivar
11-04-2014, 10:03 PM
LOL well, he doesn't have a southern accent in the game, so there's that. But he is a powerful and amoral character who puts on a public face so he can pursue deeper ambitions. However, there's reasons why he's doing the things he's doing that go beyond the Machiavelli trope. He's the President of a PMC, not the U.S. and the story raises interesting questions about corporations replacing governments as the way a lot of people coordinate to do big things, albeit a lot more efficiently.

Aulayna
11-04-2014, 11:04 PM
I'll give you a hint:

Skyblade
11-05-2014, 07:29 AM
So stoked for Persona Q, and the Pokemon remakes are looking really good.

I'll have to try Assassin' Creed IV and beyond at some point, but three just sucked so badly I can't be motivated to put the disc in the system. Plus Shadows of Mordor executed the core concept of the series so much better than any of the actual Assassin's Creed games.

Dr Unne
11-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Not only that, it's going to be free for all PlayStation Plus subscribers for both PS4 & Vita. It's also cross-save between the console and handheld. Vita is getting 5 free games in all in November: BOI: Rebirth, Steamworld Dig, Luftrausers, The Hungry Horde, and Escape Plan.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921232

Yeah, free on Vita / PS4 via PS+ is pretty awesome for a brand new game like BOI:R. I've been playing it nonstop since yesterday and it's everything I hoped for. It plays beautifully on Vita. There are some weird bugs on the PC version but nothing game-breaking, and I imagine it'll be straightened out.

I Took the Red Pill
11-06-2014, 05:09 AM
I've been playing it nonstop since yesterday and it's everything I hoped for.Me too. I just beat Satan for the first time with Azazel. My seed was ridiculous. I had a horde of Spider familiars that got upgraded to giant spiders with some other item. I don't know what it is about Azazel that made me spawn like 8-10 Spiders at a time, because Isaac seems to only spawn one. I also picked up a bunch of other amazing items affecting tears that sadly didn't affect Azazel because of the nature of his attacks. Doesn't matter, those giant Spider familiars were insane. Satan was done in like half a minute without taking any damage. Total gamebreaking fun. The seed is Z9EG 6JNA if you feel like checking it out.

Dr Unne
11-07-2014, 01:30 AM
That was a fun seed, thanks for sharing. Azazel is probably my favorite character. I was curious how random the seeds are, so I played it twice. The first time I didn't take the first devil deal room, and I got a crappy angel room on a later level. The second playthrough I took the first devil deal, and then I got another devil deal later instead of angel. Otherwise the RNG seemed pretty set in stone, right down to the drops from enemies and chest contents. I ended up with double Brimstone (via familiar) with fear and poison, which was pretty busted, and Satan didn't stand a chance.

I saw what you mean about the spiders... I wonder what determines how many spiders you get. Maybe it's based on your evil level.