PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Heroes

Pumpkin
11-02-2014, 05:00 AM
Anyone play any of these? Worth investing in any of them? Which ones are the best?

sharkythesharkdogg
11-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I think this is one of the games I was thinking about picking up for you, but wasn't sure if you'd like it.

Pumpkin
11-05-2014, 03:25 PM
:excited:

Vyk
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM
The first three were supposedly botched by Bandai's translation team or something. Though the third one still gets a cult following from what I understand. Just be warned going in that there were some issues

Also note that Trails in the Sky is part of that series. I can't remember if it's considered the 4th or if it's a remake of one of the other ones, but it is SUPER highly regarded among its fans as one of the best character-driven JRPGs ... like ... ever. The battle system is pretty basic and the story is slow going (I own it, and have tried, love the characters, but could not get into it), but if you can get past that, it's apparently one of the best experiences on the PSP, and it's recently been re-released on Steam and GOG (Woo!) So I'm super tempted to buy it (again) just to see if the translation to having a bigger screen and a controller in my hand helps alleviate my woes regarding it