PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer Series

Ayen
11-02-2014, 05:18 PM

Command and Conquer is a RTS game made by Westwood Studios and is currently owned by EA Games. They have three separate series under their banner: Tiberium, Red Alert, and Generals. CnC was my introduction to the genre and what made me fall in love with it, even if I suck at strategy.

I can't remember how I came across it, but I was browsing YouTube and watched several of the FMVs from the first game and wanted to play it. I got The First Decade, Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, and Red Alert 3. I have every game except for 4, and I'm not particularly crazy about owning 4, either. I also heard that EA wants to relaunch the Tiberium series without Kane, and I just don't see how that's going to work. Kane was the best part about the Tiberium story.

Who else has played the games? What are some of your favorite entries? My favorite is Tiberium Sun as my Top 20 list would indicate. I'm also pretty fond of Tiberium Dawn, Tiberium Wars (though it has its shortcomings), the first Red Alert, and Generals. I haven't played much of the others.

Discuss.

Psychotic
11-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Red Alert 2 is the greatest. Just the greatest. That is all.

DanielCLFFF13
11-02-2014, 05:36 PM
I only have played Command & Conquer Generals. Which is pretty good, like modern version of Age of Empires series. Don't know about the other series of Command & Conquer.
Don't have many strategy game. But Command & Conquer Generals makes me sit in front of my PC and play it for hours. Every defeat makes me want to play it more, well all games are like that :D

But this is my opinion :)

Mirage
11-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVNubbPiZAU&feature=kp

Generals is the least C&C-ish game in the entire series, except for perhaps Renegades.

I like the setting of Red Alert 1 the best, but the gameplay of RA2 is better. It's a shame RA3 got too cheesy. I wasn't as deep into the main C&C games as i was in RA. That alternate WW2 story is just really cool to me.

Ayen
11-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Red Alert 2 is the greatest. Just the greatest. That is all.

"You can't threaten us. We're the strongest country on Earth!"

I only have played Command & Conquer Generals. Which is pretty good, like modern version of Age of Empires series. Don't know about the other series of Command & Conquer.
Don't have many strategy game. But Command & Conquer Generals makes me sit in front of my PC and play it for hours. Every defeat makes me want to play it more, well all games are like that :D

I got pretty hooked on Generals, myself. Didn't think I would since it didn't have the same live action FMVs as the old ones did (their expansion fixed that), but it was fun. I liked playing as the U.S. and Chinese.

Mirage is GDI scum!

HheSOqMqYRU

Mirage
11-02-2014, 05:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU1lYAIlWs

how can you not like this?

Ayen
11-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Einstein uses handshake of doom.

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

I really like the concept behind Red Alert. Eliminating Hitler prompting in the Soviets to become just as strong as the Americans are. Stalin was great in the first Red Alert game and that Kane cameo at the end blew my mind. Then Japan becomes a force to be reckoned with from Einstein being erased from history.

Mirage
11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
It's f unny how the world pretty much forgets that japan exists when WW2 didn't go down the way it did, and then suddenly they awaken with all the resources and tech that they were able to get due to not spending everything on wars earlier.

DanielCLFFF13
11-02-2014, 06:16 PM

I got pretty hooked on Generals, myself. Didn't think I would since it didn't have the same live action FMVs as the old ones did (their expansion fixed that), but it was fun. I liked playing as the U.S. and Chinese.

Mirage is GDI scum!

HheSOqMqYRU

I liked playing as Chinese, because it's easier to hack the enemy building and create army of the hacked enemy rather than snipe the vehicle down and use it.

Mirage
11-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Those NOD bastards are made of suck and fail.

Crop
11-05-2014, 12:48 AM
RA1 was the finest, with RA2 a close second. I remember playing Skirmish mode for the first time on 1 and being blown away by it.

To this day a friend of mine and I will still plug in our PS1's and have a LINK game together, using the maps of Retaliation.

theundeadhero
11-05-2014, 02:05 AM
The first Red Alert was the only one I played, back when it was new, but I played it for hours and hours and hours.