PDA

View Full Version : Has a Final Fantasy game made you cry?

Dat Matt
11-04-2014, 05:01 PM
If yes, tell us what triggered it. If no, tell us why you're a heartless monster.

noxious.sunshine
11-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Of course.

The end of IX gets me teary. Along with X.

Ayen
11-04-2014, 05:21 PM
FFIX caused a tear jerk, but I've never outright cried at any of the games. I seldom cry over at a lot of things. My father took out my heart and replaced it with stone so he could make some money in the black market.

Pumpkin
11-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Yes. So many times

metagloria
11-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Ambushed by a Great Malboro :cry:

Mirage
11-04-2014, 08:20 PM
No, never

Fox
11-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Ambushed by a Great Malboro :cry:

!!! I had the same thing. Omega Ruins, perchance? 5 inches from a gorram save point, perchance?

For other times, yes, Final Fantasy has made me cry. I don't think VII did, but VIII got me a couple of times (example: the space bit). I love IX so much it's got to the point where I start weeping at the opening credits in anticipation of emotional stuff happening 30 hours later. X, yes. Definitely cried at X.

Honourable mentions go to:
X-2 for those bits where you have to whistle...
Crisis Core for dat ending. Especially the last spin of the DMW - the way they unravelled the actual game mechanics during that sequence was masterful.

Spooniest
11-04-2014, 09:24 PM
This cheery little bit from Final Fantasy 6:

Celes: Everyone's gone...even Locke, who promised to protect me...
...The world is slowly ebbing away...

(jumps)

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::cry ing::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Wolf Kanno
11-05-2014, 04:19 AM
No :wcanoe:

Edge7
11-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Not gonna lie, I cried when Cyan's family died. I had watched people play the later parts, so I got to know Cyan's character, but I didn't know his backstory.

Then I cried when Cid died. Specifically because Celes refers to him as "Grandad" which is how I referred to my late Grandfather. That, and Celes's theme just smurfing kills me.

noxious.sunshine
11-05-2014, 02:45 PM
XIII makes me cry.

.... Because it's so bad! Hahahahaahahaha

Bubba
11-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I cried at FFVII when Aeris died. I've actually teared up at the part where Nanaki finds out about his father.

MissH played this for the first time not long ago and Aeris was her favourite character. I fully expected her to tear up when it happened but she didn't! She was pretty much in a state of shock though. Also, she did cry later on when the team were reminiscing about Aeris on the Highwind and her theme was playing.

Shiva95
11-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Yes, so many times. In FF6, FF7, Crisis Core, FF9, FF10...!

MJN SEIFER
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Aeris dying in FFVII (I thought I'd be the only one, as everyone here seems to not care/joke about her death, if the Log Out picture is any indication), and the Eyes on Me seen in FFVIII. I am sure there is more.

I cried during the opera scene, and the suicide attempt scene while playing a fanmade version of FFVI based on a TV show, I can't remember if I cried at the real game. I doubt the suicide attempt would have made me cry in the real game because made to look like a fun acctivity, not a suicide attempt.