PDA

View Full Version : Comic heroes or storylines you'd love to see adapted for the big screen

Scotty_ffgamer
11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
What new super hero movies would you love to see someday?

Ayen
11-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Scarlet Spider would be one I'd like to see made into a movie. Or at least an animated spinoff series. They're still pretty early in Spider-Man's story so it's probably not something that would come about any time soon if they'd even consider it.

blackmage_nuke
11-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Not really a comic but: Worm (http://parahumans.wordpress.com/)

Dont click unless you're willing to spend the next month or so (depending on reading speed) on the greatest thing ever.

Loony BoB
11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
For the X-Men, I'd love to see the Mutant Massacre storyline. My #1 wish is to see Apocalypse but they're already doing that, so yeah, Mutant Massacre is next in line. ;) Also, anything else featuring Mr. Sinister.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
I say it every time, but I'd love a Red Son movie.

Also, I wish that Runaways movie that gets rumored about every so often would just come out. I finally started reading that (only read the first few comics before), and it's pretty enjoyable.

The Man
11-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Grant Morrison's We3. Also, an actual faithful adaptation of Moore's From Hell.

Colonel Angus
11-04-2014, 04:40 AM
For me, I'd like to see Quasar get one. They rolled the dice on Guardians and broke the bank, so I'd like to see them take a chance w/ this one.

Slothy
11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
I'd second a Red Son movie.

I'll also say that I'd like to see an adaptation of Grant Morrison's The Filth simply because I don't believe it can be done and I'd like to see what happens if someone actually tries.

Night Fury
11-04-2014, 11:55 AM
For Black Widow to get her own movie.

Wolf Kanno
11-06-2014, 05:31 AM
If I can get an X-Men reboot, because I still don't care for the current film series even if it has gone from unwatchable to bearable, I would love to see a film adaption of Executioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, or the Age of Apocalypse but I can't imagine a single film would do any of them justice. I would also love to see the Dark Knight Returns get a film adaption.

In terms of actual comic book series to get film adaptions... Sandman comes to mind though it will probably never happen. Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.

Slothy
11-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Sandman would need to be a series or something. A movie could never do it justice unless it was a Sandman type story that was fairly self contained as a couple of the issues were.

Shorty
11-06-2014, 06:05 PM
ZATANNA

Vyk
11-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Can we get a Firefly animated movie based off of the graphic novels :3 The first movie was alright and did the TV show justice, but that wasn't the end! Not to mention I think they made some mistakes in that movie, and I'd like to see some in-between stuff, with more of the cast involved or something >.>

Depression Moon
11-06-2014, 10:52 PM
If I can get an X-Men reboot, because I still don't care for the current film series even if it has gone from unwatchable to bearable, I would love to see a film adaption of Executioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, or the Age of Apocalypse but I can't imagine a single film would do any of them justice. I would also love to see the Dark Knight Returns get a film adaption.

In terms of actual comic book series to get film adaptions... Sandman comes to mind though it will probably never happen. Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.

Hey Wolf, you know that The Dark Knight Returns has already gotten a film adaptation right and Age of Apocalypse will be the next X-Men movie.

For me? I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see a Batman Beyond movie. I'd like to see a Static movie too. I was also thinking about the Y the Last Man film that was trying to get into production, but after finishing the series I'm fine with just the graphic novel.

Sandman would need to be a series or something. A movie could never do it justice unless it was a Sandman type story that was fairly self contained as a couple of the issues were.
A Sandman series sounds intriguing. I know there was an old script for a live action film that was going to have Keanu Reeves play Dream, but it never came into fruition.

Shorty
11-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Also, there is talk of a Sandman movie to come (http://screenrant.com/sandman-movie-joseph-gordon-levitt-neil-gaiman/). Neil Gaiman has met with Joseph Gordon-Levitt to discuss the film, and they've landed a writer for it (http://screenrant.com/sandman-movie-writer/). It's happening, folks.

Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.

I would love love love a JtHM adaptation, but I think I'd prefer an actual cartoon series like Invader Zim instead of a possible live-action series, but that will never happen because "think of the children!". I can't even think of who I'd want to see play Johnny in a live-action, except maybe the guy playing Oswald Cobblepot in the current Gotham series (that casting would convince me). I can't really see it working and not being hokey D: but maybe! I want Billy Crystal to be the voice of Seņor Diablo and someone not stupid for Devi.

Also, I wish there would have maybe even been two parts to Scott Pilgrim. They left out some stuff I would have loved to see, like Kim getting kidnapped by the twins and stuff. Cera didn't strike me as a Scott Pilgrim, either. I like the existing movie a lot, but not thanks to him.

Wolf Kanno
11-07-2014, 03:04 AM

Hey Wolf, you know that The Dark Knight Returns has already gotten a film adaptation right and Age of Apocalypse will be the next X-Men movie.

I'm talking about an actual film, not a direct-to-video adaption, which while nice cause DC does them well, I'm still thinking an actual film.

They are not doing Age of Apocalypse as the next X-Men film, just debuting the iconic villain. I also kind of want X-Men to get a reboot because I frankly don't care for the film-verse as much as I like the original comic universe.

11-12-2014, 12:00 AM
I'd love to see a Preacher TV series though considering the content I doubt it would ever make it to the screen without some serious changes to tone it down :(

Vyk
11-12-2014, 12:26 AM
The Jack webcomic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_(webcomic)) is also a good one now that I think about it. It's an anthropomorphic universe, but don't hate on it for being furry-oriented. It is deep and real drama with lots of bad and interesting things happening. Like if Tiny Toons went to hell and it was done by Jhonen Vasquez or Tim Burton or something

Colonel Angus
11-15-2014, 12:12 AM
I'd also like to see Moon Knight and Martian Manhunter get movies.