PDA

View Full Version : Naruto

Pumpkin
11-03-2014, 05:45 PM
So I just started watching this last night and got up to episode 4. I also like Inuyasha and Final Fantasy VIII

Anyone else watch this show?

Wolf Kanno
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
I actually own quite a few episodes and watched it back before the series really debuted in the West, once the series went into filler hell I stopped watching but I've continued to read the manga which is finally ending this month after one of the most drawn out final arcs I've ever seen.

It's an okay series, The Pre-Time Skip has largely proven to be the better part of the story where it focused on all of the cast and the relationships. Post-Time Skip/Shippuden largely felt all over the place and sadly mismanaged all of the character development from the first few arcs in favor of less interesting new characters that got little development and building up the Uchiha's into some demi-god ninja clan which got really annoying after awhile. Certain arcs had their high points but the 4th Shinobi War dragged on forever, never focused on what fans wanted to see, and got pretty ridiculous before it was all over. It felt like the whole arc fighting Aizen in Bleach all over again.

Ayen
11-03-2014, 06:16 PM
FFVIII has a show?

I've only seen one episode. The dragged out fight reminded me a lot of Dragon Ball Z. I didn't care to watch anymore.