PDA

View Full Version : So what were you expecting?

Wolf Kanno
11-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Because I hear the grumblings of some members of the forum, I am curious to know what some of you were expecting considering this game had little to no factual information handed down in the eight years it was developed. What kind of game were you expecting from Versus XIII/XV?

Pumpkin
11-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Expecting? probably for it to go back to its roots. Maybe a sexy black mage lady with the hat (the hat is seriously necessary) and then this other girl who had one of those kitty hoods and was a white mage. And then like 8 other cute and awesome playable ladies. And a few cool dudes.

Wait, that's wanting not expecting. Honestly I was just expecting it to be more open world and traditional.

Del Murder
11-03-2014, 10:26 PM
How many times have we had this thread?

Basically my expectations for Versus and FFXV were completely different. So when they became the same game I was a little disappointed that a lot of my FFXV expectations will not be met, hence the grumbling. I had very few expectations from Versus since it was planned to be a FF spinoff title thus working with a clean slate (and to be honest I didn't really care that much about it other than the standard 'where the hell is this game?'). But with the name change, the bar has been raised.

Hannibal_Khan
11-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Expecting? probably for it to go back to its roots. Maybe a sexy black mage lady with the hat (the hat is seriously necessary) and then this other girl who had one of those kitty hoods and was a white mage. And then like 8 other cute and awesome playable ladies. And a few cool dudes.

Wait, that's wanting not expecting. Honestly I was just expecting it to be more open world and traditional.

Yea the only complaint i can make this early is that the characters design's are really bad. Are there even going to be black mages or any classes? They look like a j-pop boy band.

still hyped tho...

DanielCLFFF13
11-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I expect it to be out for PC too. Well just that, release it for PC too Square Enix.
But this is my opinion :)

DMKA
11-03-2014, 11:59 PM
A grown up Disneyless grimdark version of Kingdom Hearts with crystals.

Polnareff
11-04-2014, 12:50 AM
This game, so far, is what I've been pretty much hoping for from a hypothetical FFXV. Finally, an actual real-time battle system as opposed to the dreck we got in FFXII. The only thing I'm not liking is the character design. The world, the monsters, the vehicles, all of that seems to be on point though.

Jinx
11-04-2014, 01:52 AM
a good game

FFFFsephychibi
11-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Honestly, the information that's been said in interviews over the past eight years, that I initially interpreted and envisioned are becoming a reality even transitioning in FF15. The monthly content that's being displayed is meeting my expectations and after seeing the world map I'm no longer worried. So far a lot of the concepts have become playable functioning elements. I'm more excited than ever. All I really wanted was a world map, and a ff game that could be on par with some of my favorite western rpgs, on top of the dramatic story and a world that I could give a smurf about. I can't tell you how many games I play that I don't care about the world or their characters, however with ff15 I already feel like I do and cant wait to learn more about them.

Shorty
11-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Not a video game adaptation of Entourage + the mafia, which is what it feels like.

Ayen
11-04-2014, 05:34 PM
I was expecting a car with a full tank of gas ready to take me to the airport, so I could fly to the great winter wonderland of Canada and take advantage of their superior healthcare system. Instead, I'm given another Japan to English video game meant to distract me from the Great Taco Bell that is slowly, but surely destroying the country through fatty food and soda pop.

Actually, I wasn't expecting anything. I'm just not interested in what we're getting.

MoogleSky
11-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Way back 8 years ago when it was first announced with a trailer, I was expecting something similar to Kingdom Hearts in terms of game mechanics, but with an open-world environment. Now I just want the game! Forget about the expectations, I just want to get my grubby hands on a game I've been waiting nearly half my life for.

Madame Adequate
11-11-2014, 02:24 AM
I was expecting a forum full of FF nerds to judge the game before we ever got our hands on it, and that's exactly what I got.

fat_moogle
11-11-2014, 05:18 PM
"This is a fantasy based on reality"

That's what I was expecting, and that seems to be what we are getting. Other than the no character switching it's pretty much on par with my initial expectations. A huge open world FF game with real life elements and a fast paced real time battle system.

I'm hoping that they still find ways of implementing a playable airship, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Spooniest
11-12-2014, 04:32 AM
I've said it, and I'm gonna keep saying it

If the story's good, all is forgivable. If the story's bull, then the whole thing falls apart.

Jdeadevil
11-15-2014, 04:03 AM
Expecting? probably for it to go back to its roots. Maybe a sexy black mage lady with the hat (the hat is seriously necessary) and then this other girl who had one of those kitty hoods and was a white mage. And then like 8 other cute and awesome playable ladies.

And then basically right, they all get naked and make out with each other.

Vyk
11-15-2014, 04:48 AM
Expecting? probably for it to go back to its roots. Maybe a sexy black mage lady with the hat (the hat is seriously necessary) and then this other girl who had one of those kitty hoods and was a white mage. And then like 8 other cute and awesome playable ladies.

...isn't that what the guys in this game are doing??

Wait, what

Spooniest
11-15-2014, 07:17 AM

Since about FFVII on I've harbored the growing concern that the series is turning into Final Fantasy: The Most Shameless Pricktease In The History Of The Written Word.

So many sexy characters to get our players hot and bothered enough to buy the game!

Final Fantasy Fans: I'm really into Final Fantasy.
Potential Real-Life Sexual Partner: *Runs like hell*