PDA

View Full Version : Majora's Mask for the 3DS announced!

Freya
11-05-2014, 10:12 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm super excited.

Europe gets this cool collectors edition

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1tcxXACUAA_ewZ.jpg

WHO IS EXCITED

Rez09
11-05-2014, 10:28 PM
That is a mighty fine looking collector's edition. :o

~*~Celes~*~
11-05-2014, 10:28 PM
BY THE NINE I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS

Freya
11-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Spring 2015!

Skyblade
11-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Wasn't the original Majora's Mask Collector's Edition also a European-only box?

Also, HYPE.

Sephex
11-05-2014, 10:40 PM
e056R97svz8

NeoCracker
11-05-2014, 10:51 PM
WE'D BETTER GET THAT COLLECTORS EDITION NINTENDO OR YOU'RE GOING TO WITNESS A GROWN MAN CRYING!

Bubba
11-06-2014, 10:26 AM
This has been rumoured for a while but has finally been announced. Who is getting it?

I never played the original and heard lots of good things so will probably pick it up on release.

Drift
11-06-2014, 10:35 AM
which reminds me i still need to finish OoT on 3DS

Night Fury
11-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Merged le threads!

I'm quite looking forward to this, you can read some more deets about it that I wrote this morning. (http://powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/323-majora-s-mask-3d-confirmed-for-spring)

Bubba
11-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Sorry, missed the thread! Keep forgetting about the General RPG Sub-Forum.

I've wanted to play this game ever since I read the Ben Drowned Creepy Pasta. I am excite.

Pumpkin
11-06-2014, 03:12 PM
This is my second favourite game of all time. Despite that, I really don't care much about this :P

I have the N64 version, which was painful enough to find, and that's how I like it. But I'm glad to see others hyped, its an awesome game and it deserves some love :jess:

Depression Moon
11-06-2014, 10:57 PM
This may sound stupid, but I want to buy this even though I don't have a 3DS and don't see myself getting one in the near future.

Edge7
11-07-2014, 12:47 AM
This is the Zelda game I've come closest to completing, so it'll be super cool to complete this on the go.

EDIT: That cover artwork is awesome as all creation. I wonder if it's reversable like the poster the special edition comes with.

Aulayna
11-07-2014, 11:59 AM
I will be all over this. Like hot cakes on a cold winters day.

Endless
11-07-2014, 12:09 PM
It looks really good, too.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--FhOH2Txa--/r9iirs5txmxfo1aam100.gif

Aulayna
11-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Must admit I prefer the look of the Moon in the N64 version.

metagloria
11-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Must admit I prefer the look of the Moon in the N64 version.

Very much agreed.

Pumpkin
11-07-2014, 09:10 PM
I also agree

Ayen
11-07-2014, 11:16 PM
I prefer the look of everything on the N64 version. That 3DS example looks terrible.

Sephex
11-08-2014, 02:58 AM
That didn't take long for people to get cynical.

Just play the 64 version in your corner and let the rest of us enjoy something.

Jesus Christ, gaming is ****ing stupid.

Bubba
11-08-2014, 06:08 PM
I've just heard that Nintendo have read this thread and have now cancelled the release.

Way to go, guys.

Aulayna
11-08-2014, 07:17 PM

I just don't like the look of the goofy teeth on the new moon. /shrug

Sorry for having an opinion, and thanks for reminding me why I stopped coming here regularly.

Sephex
11-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Look, don't take it so personally. I was more exasperated than anything. It's just a bit frustrating to see something get announced that people were massively clamoring for and then let minor cosmetic things get their goat. Probably came across too harsh. I've been a bit burned out on Internet commentary, I'll admit. To me I expect things to look different and maybe it will look a little weird and funky, but I am happy they are doing this, so I'm willing to let it slide.

EDIT: So, no. Not against people having opinions by the way. Plus, why is it okay for people to share an opinion without someone going against that opinion? I could easily spin your reply as "sorry for having an opinion" too, but I'm not going to be that defeatist.

Rin Heartilly
11-09-2014, 01:28 PM
I've only played OoT, I've never been particularly that into the Zelda series (although I bought the limited edition Zelda 3ds when it first came out xD), I was more into pokemon, kirby and mario growing up in the 90's...but Majoras mask was always a game I wanted to play, it looked so much darker/creepier than the other Zelda games so that appealed to me greatly xD I'm definitely picking it up!

Skyblade
11-09-2014, 05:49 PM

I just don't like the look of the goofy teeth on the new moon. /shrug

The teeth pretty much look the same. The lips are more defined, and it makes the teeth stand out more, though.

Sorry for having an opinion, and thanks for reminding me why I stopped coming here regularly.

I think the statement was more directed at ToriJ's "the whole thing looks awful" than your comment.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-09-2014, 05:56 PM
It would be nice if we could cool down in this thread and focus on discussing the glory that is Majora's Mask. :D

I still haven't played the Ocarina of Time on 3DS, but I've only heard good things of that rerelease. I'm definitely looking forward to this since I've never owned a copy of Majora's Mask. I've been wanting to play it for a long time.

Bubba
11-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to this since I've never owned a copy of Majora's Mask. I've been wanting to play it for a long time.

This is me too. Very excited to own this. I remember seeing one of my mates had it on his shelf and really wanted to steal it.

Ayen
11-10-2014, 01:49 AM

If my comment is enough to ruin another's enjoyment, that's their problem. Add me to your ignore list if it bothers you so much.

I wasn't even bashing the game, I just don't think the 3DS visuals in that specific example holds up when put side by side the N64 version.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 04:06 AM

If my comment is enough to ruin another's enjoyment, that's their problem. Add me to your ignore list if it bothers you so much.

I wasn't even bashing the game, I just don't think the 3DS visuals in that specific example holds up when put side by side the N64 version.

Again, I was exasperated. If anyone heard the tone I was conveying (which I admit is hard to do through text), I don't think people would react to be so harshly. So far I had a person implying to leave this forum, or at least subforum, and another telling me to add them on the ignore list. I didn't even say anything personal to anyone. Yeah, the "gaming is ****ing stupid" was pretty harsh, but I've made no secret how I annoying I find the gaming community IN GENERAL WHICH IS NOT LIMITED TO THIS FORUM.

So, I was less "I AM ANGRY" and more "Oh crap, I just spilled something all over the new carpet!"

I honestly apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I guess people need thicker skins if what I said originally is that bad.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-10-2014, 06:28 AM
As a reminder, please bring this thread back to the topic of the Majora's Mask rerelease. I believe everyone has said their piece, and if you must continue this side discussion please take it to PMs. Thank you.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Majora's Mask was a good Zelda game.

Skyblade
11-10-2014, 06:45 AM
I've never gotten to play it for more than half an hour, which wasn't enough to get very far. I'm quite looking forward to getting this guy on the 3DS.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 06:47 AM
It is an intense game sometimes.