PDA

View Full Version : ToriJ's Top 11 Worst Video Games List

Ayen
11-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Ever since the great Pilgrims came to these lands from their hometown of Chicago, people have enjoyed lists. We have lists for everything, video games, TV shows, movies, books, everything and anything. People love lists. People want to make love to lists, fearless of paper cuts! But all these lists have always been of things people like. Today one man/woman/other dares to be different. Today Tori is going to talk about the games that fill him/her/other with a burning RAGE! There will be no mercy! No regrets! I shall harness the anger of Bruce Banner, Vivi22, and Wolf Kannon, and spark the biggest fire the North has ever seen!

Now that my dramatics and references are out of the way. Let's kick this bad boy off.

The List
1.) WCW Nitro
2.) Superman 64
3.) Power Rangers: Full Tilt Battle Pinball
4.) Fighter Maker
5.) Super Godzilla
6.) The Uncanny X-Men
7.) Star Trek Encounters
8.) Resident Evil Survivor
9.) Devil May Cry 2
10.) F.E.A.R. 3
11.) Spider-Man 2 Enter: Electro

http://i59.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/sbh8xf.jpg

It pains me to find this game on this list, it really does. The Spider-Man games for the PlayStation were my favorite games to play as a kid, but GOD ALMIGHTY have they not aged well. Spider-Man 2 is the biggest offender of the two. Filled with B-list villains, horrible voice acting, cringe-worthy dialog that would make FFXIII envious, and riddled with glitches! The audio will fail, henchmen will attack you during a cut-scene, and the control schemes is a piling bag of burning trout! Some glitches are so bad you have to restart the stage to get around them. How did this get past beta testing? How did it get past alpha testing? SMURF ACTIVISION! Why isn't this higher on the list?

Stay tuned.

Rez09
11-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I had the first one, and I loved it to no end, but I never ended up buying Enter: Electro; with what you've said, that may have been a good thing. How'd the boss battles end up in the game? I remember some of those being pretty good in the original, especially that last chase sequence after the final fight.

Slothy
11-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Still going to buy it. Don't care what you say. :colbert:

Bolivar
11-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I thought the first one was great, do you feel both haven't aged well or is this one just that bad?

Ayen
11-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I had the first one, and I loved it to no end, but I never ended up buying Enter: Electro; with what you've said, that may have been a good thing. How'd the boss battles end up in the game? I remember some of those being pretty good in the original, especially that last chase sequence after the final fight.

The Shocker and Lizard fights are next to impossible to beat if you don't do it the way the game wants you to. You need to web yank crates on Shocker to beat him, which wouldn't be so bad if you didn't move slower than every single enemy in the game. You need an upgrade to your webbing to take out Lizard. Just getting up off your ass takes forever, but it was the same way in the first game so that's nothing new. The three different ways to take on Electro wasn't half bad.

Yeah, I thought the first one was great, do you feel both haven't aged well or is this one just that bad?

I know some of the glitches carry over from the first game, but I don't know. When I replayed the first game I didn't notice as many flaws as I did with the second, but I also replayed the first after playing a ton of old PS One games. When I played 2 I've been going through more recently released games, so I think the age showed a lot more as a result. The game was hard more from the glitches and the poor design choices than any legitimate difficulty. In one level I fell through the floor. That never happened in the first game.

Either way, 2 still wins because the developers had the chance to iron out any of the problems found in the first game, and they just didn't seem to bother. I'm afraid to replay the first game now.

Slothy
11-07-2014, 08:06 PM
I can confirm that the first game is objectively awful on many levels compared to the likes of Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ayen
11-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Childhood ruined.

http://i.imgur.com/hWe3vTZ.jpg

Anyone who has followed my reviews won't be surprise to see this one on here. You know what's a great idea for a game? Taking everything that the last one was building towards, and troutting all over it! The FPS elements are generic, the horror isn't the least bit scary, Alma is reduced to a useless pregnant lady, and the main villain looks like a rejected Doom 3 monster design. The online mode is even more uninspiring than the main game, and maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I could play with others, but naturally nobody was online to play this troutty game in the first place. This game is so bad Day 1 ended up bankrupted! "Don't worry, Tori, the game is better on co-op." Yeah, I have your co-op...

http://oi58.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/do0844.jpg

Right here! The game designers couldn't even be assed to fill up the whole screen! Look at all that black space! I could fit portraits of members on this site in all the space they left behind. I can barely see what's going on in front of me when I have the whole screen, I could barely tell what the smurf was going on on this thing. Why does it take more shots to kill a man with a gun than it does when you knife them? And for smurf sake, pick a design for Alma and stick with it!

Vyk
11-07-2014, 09:33 PM
They staggered two 4:3 aspect ratio screens... why not stagger two 16:9 aspect ratio screens. Like any normal game. I actually loved that about Resident Evil 5. Sure, there was black space, but on a wide screen it wasn't much, and each screen kept a cinematic feel. Hunted: Demon Forge did the same thing, but it took it one step further and put HUD information outside the screen into that black space on multiplayer, which was even better. I can't imagine how any poor soul playing this on an older CRT TV could manage. That looks like it'd be bad enough on a wide screen. But on a standard screen, everything would be so scrunched x_x;

Psychotic
11-09-2014, 11:24 PM
I disagree, Fear 3 was a pretty fun co-op romp. The splitscreen didn't bother me in the slightest though I mostly played on Xbox Live. I also disagree about the FPS elements being generic, they did have some real originality to them - the whole Fettel moveset for one, but also Point Man had some good little moves too like the baseball slide. Lastly we had a blast on the online mode too, definitely one of the faster paced, chaotic and intense "horde" modes you can get.

The main negatives are that it's not really that scary in the bits where it is meant to be. I say meant to be because the tone shifts from horror to sci-fi which really doesn't help. The story is a bit silly too, and the campaign is pretty short.
Why does it take more shots to kill a man with a gun than it does when you knife them?That's a common game design element. It's risk/reward. It's harder to get up close to somebody than it is to stand back and shoot them so you reward it by having it do greater damage.

Pumpkin
11-11-2014, 04:55 AM
I have played neither of those games

Old Manus
11-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Spiderman 2It's over between us.

Bubba
11-11-2014, 09:50 AM
I wonder if there will be any Final Fantasy on the list?

Ayen
12-15-2014, 07:54 AM
There's no way I'm beating BoB's record, so I may as well continue this now that the Ciddies are over.

http://i.imgur.com/AkY3VAp.jpg

Devil May Cry seems to be reversed Star Trek. The odd number games are good while the even number games are bad, making DmC its Star Trek Nemesis. DMC2 takes everything that was great about the first game and sucks it out with a vacuum cleaner. The story is practically non-existent, the villain couldn't be any less interesting, the stages and boss fights (with the exception of the final one) are forgettable, and Dante's personality does a complete 180 from the laid back, pompous ass, to a super serious shell of his former self who thinks he's Two Face with no story explanation whatsoever.

The only cool things about this game is the artwork, one scene where Dante feels like his old self, and I guess Lucia isn't so bad, but there is nothing else about this game that makes it worth playing. You wouldn't miss anything of relevance in the rest of the series by skipping this title. It's so bad that both Capcom and fans just straight up forgot about it and will probably stab me for even mentioning it. They should have just taken Dante and Devil May Cry out of it altogether and make the game about Lucia. Because it technically already is. Dante is just along for the ride.

And if I'm supposed to be at the peak of my power, why do I run around like I have led in my pants?!

Ayen
12-17-2014, 01:30 AM
DMC2 is so bad no one can think of anything to contribute.

http://i.imgur.com/xPfjHXk.jpg

Were you expecting something else? Whoever thought making RE an FPS was a good idea needs to be shot! Those graphics do not work for a first-person game! This removed everything that was good about the last three games and replaced it with nothing but crap. You know how people complain about the older games not having enough ink ribbons? This game doesn't have enough typewriters! I played it for several hours straight and looked all over the place and I still couldn't find a save place. Did I just bust a rhyme? This game is so bad it has me rapping! I had to turn off the game without saving. Smurf doing all of that over again! The main character has amnesia, never seen that before! The only good part in the whole game is when the guy falls out of the helicopter, it's all downhill from there. Thank Yevon this is the only time they ever made--

Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica

Resident Evil Dead Aim

The Umbrella Chronicles

The Darkside Chronicles

A first-person-shooter :mad:

Vyk
12-17-2014, 01:39 AM
They can't have sold that well, it must take a lot for them to learn a lesson. Capcom has been in a bit of hot water lately for being ignorant, and backhanding their fans. Now I see that it is actually not a new problem. No wonder they're losing all their best creators and have stagnated over the past few years

But I don't really know the whole story, and I don't want to derail the thread into business politics of a supposedly failing Japanese company that can't let go and listen once in a while (though there seem to be a lot of those these days)

Slothy
12-17-2014, 02:26 AM
Fuck every lightgun/lightgun-esque RE. I'm ashamed to say I played some Umbrella Chronicles. It was free through PS+ and it still makes me feel ripped off. I'll never get that time back.

Ayen
12-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Didn't know the Chronicles games moved to PS3. Doesn't surprise me, nothing RE related ever stays on Nintendo.

Bubba
12-17-2014, 08:54 AM
I wish I had something to say on these games but I haven't actually played any of them. Will take your word for it that they are pretty bad though.

I'm just waiting for a game to come along that I like so I can be suitably offended.

Ayen
12-17-2014, 06:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6Mif93K.jpg

You'd think a game that's about playing as the actual starships from Star Trek in space would be fun, that there'd be no way for them to screw that up. They screwed it up. They managed to turn something that should be fun and exciting, into the most boring and tedious experience possible. You're doing space tricks, and most of all you're starting with the ship from Enterprise that most people didn't care about, so it's even more tedious. But can I be surprised? You have the people who made Fallout 3, and Ubisoft. Star Fox 64 was more fun than this and that was limited to the N64! This is the PS2 for Christ sake we know you can do better than this! Did they give you virtually no budget? That would be fitting all things considered.

If you want a good Star Trek game, play Star Trek Online. They're the only one I know that actually got the ST experience down. Only took them a good couple of decades. Well, I suppose there's a decent TNG game for Super Nintendo or something, but I haven't looked much into that game. Star Trek Encounters? More like Star Trek BORING! Yeah. :shifty:

Slothy
12-17-2014, 08:29 PM
The lack of good Star Trek games in existence is a shame. I really just want a single player StarTrek game that treats the galaxy like an open world Bethesda type game ironically. Let me explore and kill some fucking Cardassians and Romulans damn it!

Fox
12-17-2014, 08:40 PM
You guys:

Bridge Commander.

I'm not gonna tell you it's a perfect Star Trek game by any means, but still. You could (and did!) do far worse! Also Elite Force, but that's set on Voyager.

Ayen
12-17-2014, 11:36 PM
I like Voyager.

And that statement may cause more outrage than anything I added to this list.

Vyk
12-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Voyager amused me but I agree the franchise deserves a good game. Hell it deserves a great game. I'm wondering if it can even be done as an RPG but it saddens me be believe it would not work. At least not in a traditional manner. Characters don't power up in that show. They don't massively get healthier or more resistant to things. But it definitely deserves something of the caliber of KotOR

Ayen
12-19-2014, 06:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/U64qYvn.png

Depending how old you are and if you grew up on X-Men, chances are you got this game. And chances are you regretted it almost instantly. The over the head view is crap even for NES standards. The computer A.I. is stupid and you're better off playing two player, and the controls are crap. I had the misfortune of being able to replay this game for the first time in two decades (btw I can play old NES titles now) and I couldn't bring myself to play more than two minutes. The Uncanny X-Men is so bad it makes X-2 Wolverine's Revenge, look like X-Men 2 Clone Wars. Speaking of Clone Wars, if you want a GOOD X-Men game that will blow your mind, get Clone Wars. That is the ideal X-Men collection game for any X-Men fan. After playing Uncanny, I just washed my throat down with some of that goodness. I can also play old Sega games now.

Ayen
12-21-2014, 02:22 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Super_Godzilla.JPG

Hey, I have a good idea for a game. Let's make a game about Godzilla where you just walk around for hours on end. Let's make the map so slow that it feels like you're following a snail around Tokyo. Let's look at the same dull, boring images on the screen over and over again and make the payoff fights with no interactivity. Let's take one of the greatest monster movies of all time and turn it into the video game equivalent of watching paint dry! It's smurfing Godzilla, how do you mess that up?! HOW?!

*takes cartridge out of SNES and destroys it with his atomic breath*

Skyblade
12-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Well, I mean, it's Godzilla. Incredibly powerful, and basically completely unstoppable. All it does is wander through the city, walking straight through buildings and destroying stuff just by being there. Not exactly the most thrilling life, to be honest. That's why you bring in other super-foes like Mothra and such for him to fight. Otherwise, Godzilla just gets bored.

Polnareff
12-22-2014, 05:06 AM
They can't have sold that well, it must take a lot for them to learn a lesson. Capcom has been in a bit of hot water lately for being ignorant, and backhanding their fans. Now I see that it is actually not a new problem. No wonder they're losing all their best creators and have stagnated over the past few years

But I don't really know the whole story, and I don't want to derail the thread into business politics of a supposedly failing Japanese company that can't let go and listen once in a while (though there seem to be a lot of those these days)

Capcom is the prime example of a company that can't win. Fans asked them to revamp Mega Man, they do that, and nobody is satisfied. They're asked to revamp RE, and it worked.....with RE4, at least. When fans asked for more action gameplay in RE, Cap made RE5, and......fans didn't like it. The fuck? So then Cap blends the original RE games' gameplay and the later action gameplay, for RE6......still complaints.

Fans begged Capcom to bring out a new Street Fighter game. They do it and everybody complains about it. Irony is, it still sold 6 million copies.

Bionic Commando, MERCS, and Strider had requested sequels for years. Capcom makes sequels to them, finally, and nobody buys them. Same with 1942: Joint Strike. They were all good games, except for maybe the big BC reboot (Bionic Commando: Rearmed was choice, though).

Other requested games like the Dungeons and Dragons games (which people wanted ported for a long time), the DuckTales remake, and others indicate that Capcom did try to listen to the fans. But I think they realized that listening to the fans is a rather stupid thing to do in most cases. What people say they'll play is not necessarily what they'll buy.

And for the record, most of Capcom's current failings are remnants of when Keiji Inafune still worked for the company.

Vyk
12-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Make me feel bad for them, why don'tcha :P

It's funny, because none of that stuff mattered to me. Though I though people adored Mega Man 9 and 10, and Street Fighter IV got tons of praise, and lots of sales. Only problem is, they Street Fighter II'd it and made a million versions of it

I never had many problems with those other games, but then again, I wouldn't have ever really considered myself a huge Capcom fan, sadly. They've always been there, but I always felt they were making games for other people, rather than for me. So I didn't really expect them to make me happy

You make a good argument though, in that context it is obvious that they definitely indeed did try. But what's this about Inafune? How did he cause their woes? I thought he was just a developer under their hood, and mostly just known for Mega Man

Ayen
12-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Well, I mean, it's Godzilla. Incredibly powerful, and basically completely unstoppable. All it does is wander through the city, walking straight through buildings and destroying stuff just by being there. Not exactly the most thrilling life, to be honest. That's why you bring in other super-foes like Mothra and such for him to fight. Otherwise, Godzilla just gets bored.

Rampage made destroying buildings awesome, no excuses.

Hell, the buildings actually take away life when you destroy them. When did the buildings in Tokyo get so strong?

Loony BoB
12-22-2014, 04:44 PM
*patiently waits for a game he has played* xD

Ayen
12-22-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm just too obscure for this site.

http://i.imgur.com/rGB5cOT.jpg

What do you get when you combine one generic fighter with a crazy in-depth creation mode? An overcompensating piece of trout, that's what you get! The character creation is awesome, you can spend hours just working on the moves alone, but once you're done that it's. That's the game! There's nothing left.

The characters are bland with no personalities, the stages are bland, the modes are bland, everything about this game is bland and forgettable. If you want a good fighter that lets you make your own character, play Soul Calibur III. Hell, play WWF War Zone. It's wrestling, but it still has enough elements that makes it more of a fighter. War Zone's character creation was great and it was worth going through the game as someone you made. This game is just a waste of time.
I've been watching WAY too many AVGN videos lately.

Ayen
12-27-2014, 01:40 PM
http://i58.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1jqp84.jpg

Power Rangers Zeo: Full Tilt Battle Pinball. Because that's the first thing you think about when you think Power Rangers, isn't it? Smurfing pinball! Not martial arts, or fighting monsters, or megazords! Smurfing pinball! If I wanted to play pinball I'd get a pinball machine. They even got the actual actors from the show to do the FMVs, and it's for a goddamn pinball game! It's just pinball that's all it is. You're hitting a ball at enemies, but all it is is just pinball. How do we go from awesome games like "Mighty Morphin Power Rangesr" for Super Nintendo; the game based off the movie, and the Fighting Edition to this piece of trout? It's so bad it doesn't even have its own wiki page they just throw it in with Battle Racers. A racing game for Zeo? You'd think Power Rangers Turbo would get the racing game, but no one in their right mind would want to play that. Turbo nearly killed the whole smurfing franchise! I want to punch something! *punches the wall* Ow! My hand!

Slothy
12-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Capcom is the prime example of a company that can't win. Fans asked them to revamp Mega Man, they do that, and nobody is satisfied.

Not sure what you mean here because we got Mega Man 9 and 10 which were both good games and well received. Meanwhile, the often requested Mega Man Legends 3 got canned after teasing fans with a glimmer of hope. That understandably didn't go over well.

They're asked to revamp RE, and it worked.....with RE4, at least. When fans asked for more action gameplay in RE, Cap made RE5, and......fans didn't like it. The fuck? So then Cap blends the original RE games' gameplay and the later action gameplay, for RE6......still complaints.

Just because they gave fans what they "wanted" on paper doesn't mean the games were actually good. Hitting all the points on a marketing checklist doesn't mean much when your game plays like shit. It'd be like giving fans of Final Fantasy a faster paced battle system (assuming for a moment that they wanted one). You can end up with something like FFX-2 that actually had a fairly enjoyable battle system, or you can end up with FFXIII that has one of the worst battle systems I've ever seen. Sure, it's fast paced, but it's about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Fans begged Capcom to bring out a new Street Fighter game. They do it and everybody complains about it. Irony is, it still sold 6 million copies.

Unless those complaints came from the competitive fighting community I doubt anyone really complained too much. And if it was them complaining then I can't say they're unjustified since the game has had some issues through its various iterations (and it's not even a great example of a beginner friendly fighting game which was supposedly one of the goals, but that's another matter entirely).

Bionic Commando, MERCS, and Strider had requested sequels for years. Capcom makes sequels to them, finally, and nobody buys them. Same with 1942: Joint Strike. They were all good games, except for maybe the big BC reboot (Bionic Commando: Rearmed was choice, though).

I consider myself somewhat of a consumer of gaming news and I didn't even know that any of those except Bionic Commando got sequels. That might have something to do with them not selling well. And the Bionic Commando reboot sucking isn't a maybe. It definitely did suck.

Rez09
12-27-2014, 02:07 PM
They made a pinball game? O_oa

I have to agree with you completely, after the Genesis and SNES titles, why anyone would decide a pinball game was a good idea is beyond me. I mean, an actual pinball machine wouldn't have been so bad, but video pinball has always been a shaky genre for me anyway, only Sonic Spinball coming to mind as an enjoyable title, so it seems like a complete waste of the Power Rangers license. Is there at least some humor to the boards, or life like in Spinball? Or is it literally just a pinball machine they stuck on a disc?

Ayen
12-27-2014, 02:17 PM
At least Sonic actually makes sense as a pinball game with the way he turns into a ball. Power Rangers is about as random of a pinball game that you can make up. As for how the boards look:

http://i.imgur.com/ZgUjlj7.jpg

I know the picture is kind of small, but I honestly couldn't find anything bigger.

Rez09
12-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah, it looks like they went the standard pinball board avenue; that's too bad, but I figured from your response to the title that's what they did. If they had done something more like Spinball, mixing pinball and platformer, it'd have at least been interesting to see how they accomplished it. It may have required a bit too much creativity from the dev team, though.

Do you know if any recent Power Rangers games have been made that are of the same quality as the 16-bit titles? It seems to me there is still potential in the license, especially since Bamco has sort of kept up with the Great Battle/Compati Hero series in Japan, and I'm curious if anyone has put out anything worthwhile since then.

Ayen
12-27-2014, 03:32 PM
None that I know of. Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force were okay, but they don't hold a candle to the 16 bit games. I haven't played any of the other games past that.

Old Manus
12-27-2014, 03:47 PM
WWF War Zone.I just sprouted a considerable erection.

Ayen
12-27-2014, 04:23 PM
One of the best wrestling games of all time can do that to you. Now allow me to kill that boner with a game that lives on in infamy.

http://i.imgur.com/qALVNWC.jpg

Superman 64. If you want a lesson on what NOT to do for a Superman game, or games in general then play Superman 64! We have flying through rings with an unforgiving time limit; doing dull and exhausting tasks in-between rings, and when you finally get through all of that you get to contend with the most awkward fighting controls in video game history! And would someone please explain to me why Superman needs a power up to activate his super speed? It should be fun to play as Superman! You should be able to just fly around and trout, but no. As far as I know DC Universe Online is the only one to do Superman right, and you don't even play as him you can just make a character similar to him, and it's ten times more fun than playing this game.

Why is it that with just the exception of a couple of movies, and one amazing cartoon show nobody can get Superman right? What's so smurfing hard about him? And who can we blame for this game being trout? DC and Warner Brothers. That's right, they hampered the development team with so many constraints we ended up with one of the crappiest video games of all time!

DC!
WB!

This game, and Superman III, and Superman IV, and Batman & Robin, and Smallville are the worst things you've ever done! Go to your room! I am very angry. I am very crossed. Go. To your. ROOM!

Rez09
12-29-2014, 12:04 AM
I've never played this game, actually. I mean, I'm doing myself a favor by all accounts, but I'm still surprised I've never picked it up. Makes me wonder, though . . . have there been any good Superman games? Tons of enjoyable Batman titles, but I can't think of a single Superman one people liked. :/

Fox
12-29-2014, 12:06 AM
That's all well and good ToriJ but you still haven't SOLVED MY MAZE!!!

Tons of enjoyable Batman titles, but I can't think of a single Superman one people liked. :/

Were there good Batman games before the Arkham series?

Ayen
12-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Batman Vengeance was pretty good. Hard as hell though.

Rez09
12-29-2014, 06:26 AM
The original Batman on the NES is a particularly well regarded, and I liked both NES Return of the Joker and SMS Batman Returns, though general public opinion on those titles is a bit shaky. The Adventures of Batman and Robin on both the Genesis and SNES seem well liked as well from the reviews I've seen, those most people seem to prefer the Genesis version where I liked the SNES version more. Sega CD Batman Returns, with only the driving stages on via menu option, also garners praise.

Loony BoB
12-29-2014, 02:42 PM
No wonder I love all the games I play. Apparently I never play the bad ones! :D

Bubba
12-29-2014, 02:50 PM
No wonder I love all the games I play. Apparently I never play the bad ones! :D

Yup, me too!

Ayen
12-29-2014, 03:12 PM
No wonder I love all the games I play. Apparently I never play the bad ones!

No wonder I love all the games I play. Apparently I never play the bad ones!

Yup, me too!

Well, that does it.

Dishonorable Mentions/Revenge List
Dark Castle
Final Fantasy XIII
inFAMOUS
Morrowind
Popular game title #56
Popular game title #106
Popular game title #66,450
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Beast
Sword of Sodan

I can't decide which is worse, though. Popular game title #56, or popular game title #106.

Loony BoB
12-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Oh man, I look forward to playing the Popular Game Title series if they're anything close to as good as FFXIII, Morrowind and inFAMOUS!

Ayen
12-29-2014, 03:29 PM
100 hours of Sword of Sodan. Go now.

Rez09
12-29-2014, 04:04 PM
I can't decide which is worse, though. Popular game title #56, or popular game title #106.

Personally, I'm for Popular game title #56 -- it killed my parents. D:

Ayen
12-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Then I declare Popular game title #56 the absolute worst and sentence it to play one-hundred MILLION hours of Zelda on the CDi!

Rez09
12-29-2014, 04:18 PM
I'd settle for it having to play through Shadow Madness once. D':

Ayen
12-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Are people ready to see the number one worst video game of all time? :colbert:

Pumpkin
12-29-2014, 04:22 PM
I don't think anyone can truly be ready for that

Rez09
12-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Give me a hint, I want to guess! \ ^_^ /

Ayen
12-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Give me a hint, I want to guess! \ ^_^ /

It's a game.

Rez09
12-29-2014, 04:38 PM
:shakefist:

Is it a 16-bit game?

Ayen
12-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Nope. This game was on the PlayStation, and then they ported it to the Nintendo 64.

Fox
12-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Assuming it's not something from the recent flood of Steam Greenlight trash, I think it must be something from the early to mid-nineties. It's very hard for games to gain notoriety for their terribleness, and to be worse than Superman 64? It would have to be something catastrophically terrible, but with a lot of hype behind it.

Seeing as we can rule out E.T, I can't even fathom a guess!

Rez09
12-29-2014, 04:44 PM
I can only think of Gex, Rayman 2 and Mega Man Legends off the top of my head that fit that, and I doubt it is one of those. :/

Is it a 3d platformer?

Ayen
12-29-2014, 04:48 PM
It's very hard for games to gain notoriety for their terribleness, and to be worse than Superman 64? It would have to be something catastrophically terrible, but with a lot of hype behind it.

I can confirm that it had a lot of hype behind it, because the organization it was based off of was in their prime.

I can only think of Gex, Rayman 2 and Mega Man Legends off the top of my head that fit that, and I doubt it is one of those. :/

Is it a 3d platformer?

Mega Man Legends is one of the best Mega Man games of all time and you should be ashamed for even suggesting it. Go to your room!

Serious: It's a sports game.

Rez09
12-29-2014, 04:51 PM
To be fair, I thought the ports of all three of those games were fine, which is why I doubted you were planning to pick one of them. :)

Is it that Nitro game?

Ayen
12-29-2014, 05:04 PM
To be fair, I thought the ports of all three of those games were fine, which is why I doubted you were planning to pick one of them. :)

Is it that Nitro game?

Is it that Nitro game?

Nitro game?

Nitro game?

http://i.imgur.com/6xtXbDW.jpg

Give the man a gold star! It's WCW Nitro! In the late nineteen nineties, WCW was on top of the wrestling world kicking Vince McMahon's ass! The only wrestling organization in the sport's history to come anywhere close to putting the WWF out of business. WCW received some of the best wrestling games in history on the Nintendo 64, and one game on the PSX titled WCW vs. the World. So obviously a game based off their number one show "Monday Night Nitro" would be good, right?

Right?

WRONG!

WCW Nitro was terrible! The only good thing about it was the character select screen. The controls were trout, the gameplay were trout. Next to amazing games like WWF War Zone, Attitude, the SmackDown! franchise, and even WCW Mayhem, it was a disaster! I'd rather play the RAW games for Xbox. They're that bad. But this troutsandwich wasn't enough for Inland Productions. No. They made ANOTHER game just like it. WCWnWo Thunder. Same exact game just rebranded blue with more members added to the roster. Why take one dump on the gaming industry when you can take two? There's a reason Inland Productions only has seven games to their name.

This concludes ToriJ's Top 11 Worst Video Games List. Thank your lucky stars you've never played any of the games here (the dishonorable mentions were a joke by the way, the only games on that list that are as terribad as the rest are the Sega games). ToriJ will wait a couple of months before making new list, unless people pester the ToriJ to make it sooner. What list will ToriJ make next? A Top 11 Best PSX Games? A top 11 Best Sega Genesis Games? A Top 11 Best SNES games? A Top 11 Games I hate that people love? Will ToriJ ever count past 11 again? Only the moon knows.

Excelsior!

Rez09
12-29-2014, 05:13 PM
I think I was rather fortunate at the time, as I wasn't a wrestling fan and the only wrestling game I played on the N64 was WrestleMania 2000, which was great. :D

You'd think WCW would have been more careful about who they licensed to. :/

Ayen
12-29-2014, 05:18 PM
To be fair, they were licensed to THQ who published a lot of good wrestling games in the past. It's just for whatever reason they scraped the bottom of the barrel with Inland. This game came out the same year as WCW vs. nWo World Tour so there's no excuse.

Depression Moon
12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
The only one of these I've played is Superman 64 and that game is terrible. I don't really ever buy games I don't enjoy the few times I've played a bad game they were either rentals or given to me for free: Alien 3, Fighter's Destiny, and Superman 64.

Shaq-Fu gets shit on a lot, but I had some fun with it. I'm not going to say it's great though. It barely makes a 5.

Rez09
12-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Shaq-Fu had some very poor design choices, especially in regards to the jumping, but I remember liking several of the character designs. Sett-Ra, in particular, was a pretty cool battle mummy and his teleport and jumping slash were damn stylish.

Ayen
12-29-2014, 07:54 PM
The only one of these I've played is Superman 64 and that game is terrible. I don't really ever buy games I don't enjoy the few times I've played a bad game they were either rentals or given to me for free: Alien 3, Fighter's Destiny, and Superman 64.

Shaq-Fu gets trout on a lot, but I had some fun with it. I'm not going to say it's great though. It barely makes a 5.

The only ones out of these I actually bought were 7, 9, 10 and 11, and 10 was for review purposes. Numbers 1, 2, 3, and 8 were rentals. 4 and 6 belonged to my brother. 5 was a game I played while at my cousin's house going through his SNES collection. I got Devil May Cry 2 and Star Trek Encounters through name recognition alone, and I loved Spider-Man 2 as a kid. It just hasn't aged well.