PDA

View Full Version : Donations for EoFF Con 2016

Shorty
11-06-2014, 06:13 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/eoffcon2016_zps36680ca2.png

We need your help, nerds. In order to put this event into perspective, we need to start acquiring donations ASAP. It's over a year and a half away, and that seems like a long time, but we need all the time we can get when it comes to planning an event of this caliber.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about since you've been living under a rock for the past half year, I refer you to the World Meetup/Live Ciddies 2016 thread here (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/155692-EoFF-World-Meetup-and-Live-Ciddies!-London-2016).

Summary
For years now, the members of Eyes on Final Fantasy have shared a pipe dream of one day holding a massive meetup. "If we could only win the lottery!" we say. "We'll pay for everyone to fly out together and party!"

There's no lottery involved here, but we're finally making a meetup happen at EoFF Con 2016. June. London. Nerds.

What We Need & What You Get
We need your help. We're relying on your donations to get this thing off the ground. We need to secure a venue and catering for this awesome gathering. You get food in your belly, the pleasant company of your fellow nerds mingling, a live awards and performances event, wackiness to ensue, and maybe even musical performances and karaoke. Possible prizes, t-shirts, gift bags to take away as memorabilia. And did we mention booze?

Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't donate, but that doesn't mean you can't help make this event a reality.

-Do you know someone who would be willing to sponsor our event? Have them contact us at webmaster@eyesonff.com.
-Make some noise on social media for us. Seriously. Tweet out, share on Facebook. Talk about this event. Talking about it will make it happen.

I've made two campaigns for our event. One offers monthly recurring donations, the other you can make a one-time donation at any time.

IndieGoGo: One-time donation. (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eoff-con-2016/x/9066688)

Patreon: Monthly recurring donation. (http://www.patreon.com/eyesonff)

So start donating, nerds! Let's make this happen! :jess:

Shorty
11-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I volunteer BoB to act as a kissing booth participator to those who donate $20 or more.

Start naming perks you want for donations, nerds. If you are willing to offer perks, name those, too!

Del Murder
11-06-2014, 08:17 PM
I chipped in 10 bucks. Have some 'crisps' on me.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-06-2014, 08:26 PM

You've just earned a hands-on hug from BoB, my friend.

Shorty
11-06-2014, 08:30 PM
If we reach $2000 by January, I will recreate the bootay.jpg pose on stage.

Del Murder
11-06-2014, 09:31 PM

You've just earned a hands-on hug from BoB, my friend.
I demand a refund.

Shauna
11-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Looks like someone didn't read the small print...

Loony BoB
11-06-2014, 10:17 PM
I volunteer BoB to act as a kissing booth participator to those who donate $20 or more.
I'm uncertain if there is anyone at EoFF who wants to kiss me. Maybe smittenkitten if I'm being really good...

EDIT: Also, if anyone is making a massive donation, to cut down on fees please get in touch with me directly for a more direct transfer and we can both confirm the amount you gave to Shorty so it's added to any totals/budgets she may be working on.

Del Murder
11-06-2014, 10:52 PM
What are the fees you are paying?

Shlup
11-06-2014, 11:11 PM
I can donate my time as a guest speaker. All you have to do is pay for my flight and hotel. And Bailey and BJ's. And food. And buy me a London decorative spoon for my decorative spoon collection.

Shiny
11-06-2014, 11:16 PM
I volunteer Shorty for the kissing booth. Pucker up, toots.

I'm all for doing donating people go see my movie or at least donate to the indiegogo campaign. Coming out February 2015.

Yamaneko
11-06-2014, 11:16 PM
For massive donations there's a P.O. box in the LA area people can mail there money orders to.

Bubba
11-11-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm uncertain if there is anyone at EoFF who wants to kiss me.

I'll kiss you, man. So long as it's shorter than the one you gave Danielle at the altar.

Chipped in $15 for now. Will probably do more next year.

Del Murder
12-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Will this event be broadcast live? Or will only Brits and Daniel's stalkers be able to enjoy it?

Loony BoB
12-03-2014, 08:30 AM
I think the plan is to stream it online, yeah.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-03-2014, 10:09 AM
I think we'll see more donations early next year as tax return season sets in. I know i'm going to donate a chunk.

Shauna
12-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Reminder for myself: Matt and I were discussing a donation once the Christmas period is over. Need to pick this up in January and go from there.

Drift
06-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Seeing as we're primarily a Final Fantasy site has anyone considered emailed square enix?

...just saying

Formalhaut
06-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Oh crap I forgot all about this. Let me see what my student budget can actually stretch to. :p

Del Murder
06-10-2015, 06:57 PM
As a 30% shareholder of this event, I demand more consistent updates.

Shorty
06-10-2015, 07:46 PM
We're just now getting into the serious planning, boss! Currently trying to locate a venue to host a bunch of nerds.

Here is our list of things to do, sortof in order of importance:

Finalize a head count
Locate a venue
Determine cost of food
Organize a budget
Collect buy-ins for meals
Locate accommodations for traveling members
Organize the Ciddies
Music
BOOZE?!?!
Figure out if we can do any theme/decor/fun stuff

If anyone would like to help with organizing, please message a mod to join the Garden Festival Committee! We need all the help we can get.

Shiny
06-11-2015, 12:13 AM
We have ton of accounting people on here. I'm sure one of them can do a budget and some of that other stuff.

Del Murder
06-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Well, according to the links above, your budget is $38. As an 'accounting person', allow me to plan the event for you.

Finalize a head count - All you losers (free)
Locate a venue - Any city park (free)
Determine cost of food - Just go to local mexican restaurant and load up on the free salsa bar (free)
Organize a budget - Total budget = $38
Collect buy-ins for meals - This is not a thing (free)
Locate accommodations for traveling members - Psychotic's house (free)
Organize the Ciddies - Just get BoB to do it (free)
Music - Pandora app on your cell phone (free)
BOOZE?!?! - 30 pack of PBR ($20) and a box of red wine ($17)
Figure out if we can do any theme/decor/fun stuff - You can't (free)

Just send me the extra dollar as my fee.

Shiny
06-11-2015, 09:32 PM
People should figure out their own accodomations once the location of the event is confirmed.

Shorty
06-11-2015, 09:44 PM
They will; but we want to provide some options where we might be able to get a block of rooms together for perhaps a decent rate, or even to just be near everyone to hang out.

Well, according to the links above, your budget is $38. As an 'accounting person', allow me to plan the event for you.

Finalize a head count - All you losers (free)
Locate a venue - Any city park (free)
Determine cost of food - Just go to local mexican restaurant and load up on the free salsa bar (free)
Organize a budget - Total budget = $38
Collect buy-ins for meals - This is not a thing (free)
Locate accommodations for traveling members - Psychotic's house (free)
Organize the Ciddies - Just get BoB to do it (free)
Music - Pandora app on your cell phone (free)
BOOZE?!?! - 30 pack of PBR ($20) and a box of red wine ($17)
Figure out if we can do any theme/decor/fun stuff - You can't (free)

Just send me the extra dollar as my fee.

Some people have sent Daniel money directly for this event through PayPal, including a very generous $1k sum from an enthusiastic member! What do you have to say to that :colbert:

Psychotic
06-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Locate accommodations for traveling members - Psychotic's house (free)Depends. How much value does one place on one's sanity?

Formalhaut
06-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Some people have sent Daniel money directly for this event through PayPal, including a very generous $1k sum from an enthusiastic member! What do you have to say to that :colbert:

$1k!? I don't think I even possess that amount of money in total :p

Shorty
06-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Yeah, so let's make this happen and not let it go to waste!

Formalhaut
06-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Yeah, so let's make this happen and not let it go to waste!

Aye aye! I'll get to donating soon, don't worry. If Mr. Carnelian is still around and kicking on here (he probably will be) I'm sure he'd be delighted to come along as well!

starlet
06-12-2015, 01:45 AM
An actual ceremony? Is this..... Formal? :Oo:

Shorty
06-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Not formal, no. Just a bunch of nerds getting together to have the Ciddies. Dresses, jeans, button-downs, tees, tuxes, kilts, suits, whatever. All are welcome. Except nudity. :stare: You know who you are! :argh: Some people have voiced that if there's a formal dress code or atmosphere that they wouldn't be interested in coming, so we just want it chill and comfortable for everyone but still put on a good time.

I hope we can get some fun decor stuff up wherever we end up having our event, but it could be a pipe dream. It's not going to be like prom, though.

Formalhaut
06-12-2015, 01:58 AM
An actual ceremony? Is this..... Formal? :Oo:

Pretty much what Shorty said. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

starlet
06-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Oh ok. It's not the getting dressed up part that would bother me as much as packing to get dressed up.

FFNut
06-12-2015, 05:01 AM
I'll try and scrounge up some money to help out, don't know if I could make London, I'd be able to make the U.S. though. I'll start saving now to try to make it.

Chibi Youkai
06-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Is there going to be a Kickstarter once all the details get finalized?

Shorty
06-16-2015, 07:15 PM
If people are willing to contribute, absolutely. The last one we did only got a couple of $$$, and then we lost it because we didn't reach the goal. It's probably best to submit to BoB's paypal account directly, which is what some people have already done.

I will look into it and report back!

Formalhaut
06-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Quick question: When do you want the money by? I'll absolutely contribute, but maybe not until September when I'm more financially solvent.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 07:18 PM
We need to finalise location etc before we'll know really how much we need, and before we can do that, we need to finalise numbers.

Although I still think getting a space for 50-75 people will be enough and we can just do whatever with that space. x}

Shorty
06-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Whenever you can submit anything would be great. The amount we have now will go toward the venue, and then as we go on anything else we get will go to food and other fun stuff.

I'm going to sit down this weekend and pour over venues.

Shauna
06-16-2015, 07:27 PM
I am just doing that now. It is difficult to find a website that may be good for this sort of thing. xD

Chibi Youkai
06-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Hopefully that doesn't end up being the high end of people that come. It would be great to see a ton of people show up. Will be happy to contribute/ go, but there has to be at least a few months of heads-up to get plane tickets, rooms, and the vacation dates before anything else.

I think the reason the kickstarter failed may be because there wasn't solid enough data, and Christmas time is when people are generally most strapped for cash.

Shorty
06-16-2015, 07:55 PM
I think you're right, Chibi, yeah. I do wish we could have an absolutely massive bash; there's been give or take about 70 people actually interested in coming when I poured over the numbers from the survey we did, there are 31 or 32 people on the facebook group who have said they are going (heeeere - https://www.facebook.com/events/1468374526730247/) with some tentatives, and then some people just through the forums who have expressed interest in attending as well.

Is there anyone who is interested in helping plan who might be willing to get together for a pow wow via skype next weekend the 27th? We can al get our drinkies on and do some fun planning!

Shauna
06-16-2015, 07:57 PM
I found this cool 90s website that allows us to find pub function suite venues that may suit our needs. xD

http://www.citypublife.co.uk/Site/function%20rooms.php

Chibi Youkai
06-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Crowdsourcing the planning? Sounds like fun.

Aulayna
12-14-2015, 09:57 PM
So what's the craic with this, is it still happening?

Crop
12-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'll still be there for sure. If anyone else shows up, first round is on me!

starlet
03-18-2016, 12:57 AM
So this things supposedly happening in 11 weeks. Is it still happening? No one's said a thing about it for months