PDA

View Full Version : Food Snobbery

Loony BoB
11-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Post about food snobbery in this thread!

- "You can't eat that in that way! You have to eat it like this, otherwise it's just horrible."
- "Carrots don't belong in stir fry. It's just wrong. When they started making stir fry in Asian nations, they didn't have any carrots."
- "It's like... when people put cheese in their tacos. It's terrible."

Overheard when hanging out with someone recently. She was dead serious too, like, she was offended about the idea that people would do such things. :erm: Some people worry too much about this kind of thing. If you want to eat something, good for you. If you want to eat it in a certain way, good for you. So long as you're not in a fancy restaurant eating chilli con carne with your bare hands, I think you should be able to get away with it.

Do you hear much stuff like this from your friends? Are YOU a food snob?

Night Fury
11-08-2014, 09:32 AM
I am a food snob in the sense that I don't really like eating processed food from the freezer because I know I can make something much better.

I am also appalled by BBQ sauce on pizza and I think it's basically a crime.

Loony BoB
11-08-2014, 09:35 AM
But it tastes so goooood.

Night Fury
11-08-2014, 09:36 AM
But it is bbq... it has no place on a pizza!

Loony BoB
11-08-2014, 09:40 AM
But it tastes soooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooood! I order meat pizzas 50/50 - one half tomato sauce, one half BBQ.

blackmage_nuke
11-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Only when someone asks for a well done steak.

Mirage
11-08-2014, 04:21 PM
only when people ask for more than medium steaks

Ergroilnin
11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
I hate it when someone says I have to eat or drink something one specific way in dead serious tone, it immediately lowers my opinions of them. I mean sure eating properly in a restaurant is one thing but don't friggin tell me how can I eat and drink things.

Bubba
11-08-2014, 06:36 PM

But it is bbq... it has no place on a pizza!

What???

But... B-but... WHATEVER!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE ON A PIZZA!!

Colonel Angus
11-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Not necessarily my food snobbery, but where I'm from, if you put Ketchup on a Hot Dog & you're an adult it's like you committed a major crime.

I already mentioned my disdain for chunky Peanut Butter in that thread.

I used to disdain potato salad, but this year come around to enjoying it.

noxious.sunshine
11-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I kind of get snobby when it comes to food.

Like with Mexican food.. Idk. If someone says they like tacos and turns out they like crunchy ones, I'm like "God no". Or fajitas... that's Tex-Mex bruh. There's a number of other things I get uppity about though when it comes to Mexican cuisine. I just think I wrote the mothersmurfing book on it even though I haven't even read a page (I cook Mexican food very well actually, but it's because I learned from Mexicans- my exes' families).

I also think that people who make pot roast in any way other than in a big skillet is nuts.

Pumpkin
11-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I hate most food touching

Sephex
11-10-2014, 09:24 AM
There are times I eat things in a socially acceptable ways while other times I do not.

Bubba
11-10-2014, 10:44 AM
There are times I eat things in a socially acceptable ways while other times I do not.

That is absolutely ridiculous. You are a disgrace to the human race.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 12:21 PM

I am sorry. From this day forward I won't eat in my ever expanding effort not to offend anyone on the internet.

Bubba
11-10-2014, 12:46 PM

I am sorry. From this day forward I won't eat in my ever expanding effort not to offend anyone on the internet.

Yes, I think that death by starvation would be a suitable punishment for this travesty.

Shorty
11-10-2014, 05:11 PM
No, guys, BBQ freaking chicken pizza is the best.

I am not a food snob, but there are certain ways I like certain foods and if those preparations are deviated from then sometimes it irks me. But more often than not, I'm open to new interpretations of dishes.

Who the hell gets angry at putting cheese on tacos? Cheese belongs on tacos. Your friend doesn't know what she's talking about.

noxious.sunshine
11-10-2014, 07:49 PM
The only cheeses acceptable on a taco are queso fresco or cotija.

Oh wait. You're talking about "American Tacos" . :D

Night Fury
11-11-2014, 06:01 AM
No, guys, BBQ freaking chicken pizza is the best.

I just hate BBQ sauce so much so I hate it on Pizza haha!

Cheese belongs on tacos. Although some I will eat without cheese, like fish tacos for instance.

Also, an 'American taco' is still a taco. Therefore it should have cheese if that's how it is eaten.

Mirage
11-11-2014, 06:26 AM
Spoiler: Mexican tacos are also american tacos :colbert:

Shauna
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
BBQ sauce is an atrocity.

Shorty
11-11-2014, 03:38 PM
You are the worst, Shaunaface!

Bubba
11-11-2014, 04:00 PM
BBQ sauce is an atrocity.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!

Shauna
11-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Matt loves a wee bit of BBQ on pizza, so we share those and I do eat the combo. Its not the most terrible, I'd just rather not eat it. I will be outwardly unhappy about it though.

Night Fury
11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
I always thinkg BBQ tastes like.... a horrible kind of sweetness. Like, it tastes sweet and it just SHOULDN'T

Shauna
11-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, the sweetness is what I really don't like about it.

Pheesh
11-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Yeah I'm terrible with a lot of this stuff, but not to the point that I'll give someone crap over something as they're ordering or while they're cooking (I'll simply bitch about it to Tara behind their back).

Bubba
11-11-2014, 07:05 PM
It's personal taste at the end of the day. We can act incredulous with certain foods but it's the same as saying "YOU PLAY GUITAR AND YOU DON'T LIKE METAL?!!"

Nah mate, I like indie.

noxious.sunshine
11-12-2014, 12:43 AM
I didn't say it wasn't a taco. That's why I said "American taco". & no, if you go to a taqueria and order tacos, you typically will not find cheese on them. Nor will you find the filling stuffed into a hard shell or a flour tortilla.

Shorty
11-12-2014, 12:51 AM
I've had cheese put on every taco I've ever ordered from taquerias and Mexican restaurants and food trucks x_x

noxious.sunshine
11-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Huh. The ones I've been to don't put it on. I've also never asked for it. I'm good with salsa and lime wedges. It kills me when the limes are dried out though and there's hardly any juice to be squeezed out. ;_;

Night Fury
11-12-2014, 03:28 AM
Well I had tacos in Mexico and they had cheese on them. I didn't say anything about the shell though. When I make tacos if it's fish it goes into a soft corn tortilla, and if it's chili beef it goes into a hard tortilla. They're both tasty as smurf.

noxious.sunshine
11-12-2014, 03:05 PM
I also said before, if any cheese is put on them, it's like cotija,queso fresco, or something along those lines.

Psychotic
11-12-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm eating a really crunchy cheese taco right now actually. It's pretty great, I love proper Mexican food like that.