PDA

View Full Version : Burnout

Loony BoB
11-08-2014, 09:34 AM
How often do you burnout on this game? I tend to need a break from it every few months, sometimes I can go longer, sometimes not so much. I've reached burnout point recently after patch 2.4 hit so I'm looking at other games to tide me by until I get my groove back (ie, the next big patch).

Night Fury
11-08-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm a bit burnt on it at the moment, I went hard with level grinding the last few weeks and that always wipes me a bit.

Shauna
11-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I ensure I play this game fairly sparingly so I foresee burnout taking a long time to happen.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I spend so little time on this game that I don't get burnt out very easily. I'm always afraid that I'm going to be gone for a week or so because of work, and then when I come back everyone will be gone haha.

metagloria
11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I burned out right after finishing the main story. Spent the last couple of weeks of my subscription catching all but three fish, and had no real desire to go back. I'm about to log in during this free weekend and just wander around, but probably won't re-subscribe any time soon.

Aulayna
11-08-2014, 07:20 PM
My burnout has largely stemmed due to reaching the ceiling of content I can reasonably do on Sargatanas. I'll likely stop playing until December/January and then come back, and possibly may move servers.

Loony BoB
11-09-2014, 08:33 AM
My burnout has largely stemmed due to reaching the ceiling of content I can reasonably do on Sargatanas. I'll likely stop playing until December/January and then come back, and possibly may move servers.

What? Nooooooooooo! Why do you feel there is a ceiling of content on Sarg? Can't you do the same thing on any server?

Aulayna
11-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Sarg is largely a US server with very few GMT based statics on it. There's a huge lack of GMT based players that want to do, and more importantly CAN do (without taking weeks to learn or rage quitting or not showing up when they say they will and not telling anyone) things like Second and Final Coil.

Plus when we have the EU servers in datacenters in the EU, I'll be checking them out to see the difference both in terms of available players and input lag spikes.

Rostum
11-10-2014, 03:32 AM
I got majorly burnt out just over a month ago, luckily I managed to take a break by traveling around Japan for a few weeks (still getting a little FFXIV fix at Eorzea Cafe) so I was able to pretty much get straight back into the game when I got home. It probably helped that 2.4 news had started to come out when I got home too.

Otherwise that was the only time since ARR was released.

oddler
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I get burned out basically every week or so. If I play for an 8 hour period (about once a week), I'll feel burned out when I hit that point where there's just nothing much left to do.

I played from PS3 launch to about April and took a really random 4 month hiatus for no specific reason. I guess that counts?

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I never get a chance to, every now and then I'll get super interested in a different game and disappear for a bit.

Leigh
12-14-2014, 01:47 AM
I was burnt out by the end of the beta. =(

Dat Matt
12-14-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty good at getting addicted to games. I'd like to get to level 50 with each of the Disciple of Magic classes before I get worn out. Maybe I'll go for bard as well.

Rostum
12-16-2014, 12:12 AM
I'm starting to feel a bit burned out to be honest. ><; I've just been getting on to cap Poetics and do my Ixali dailies, maybe farm Shiva a bit, and then I'll just log off to do other things. I can't be bothered to try and invest myself into anything greater than that lately...