PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Night Fury
11-08-2014, 09:35 AM
If you were allowed to travel back in time to witness an event - you can't change anything in the past - so you can't prevent the Holocaust or a huge event, but you can watch something. Where would you go and why?

I would travel back to London during Jack the Ripper's time and find out who he was! I recently watched From Hell and I dunno, I think it would be cool to find out who he/she was!

Psychotic
11-08-2014, 09:59 AM
66 million years ago, Chicxulub, Mexico. 'cause dinosaurs and then a really god damn cool light show.

Loony BoB
11-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Ooh, Psy's choice is a good one.

If I can't die (sort of like being a ghost to witness it or something) I'd probably be quite interested in witnessing the eruption of Taupo. They say that despite it being in NZ, the effects on the world were recorded in Rome and China. Also, I'd love to see how the Maori survived it, etc.

Other than that - totally dinosaurs.

As for mystery-solving: Mary Celeste, f'sho.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Possibly the Library of Alexandria before it was burned.

I may not be able to change the past but if I had a video recorder there would be a lot of writing I could bring back with me.

Ayen
11-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Back to the 1960s to watch the Doctor Who episodes that the BBC lost.

blackmage_nuke
11-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Not my definitive answer but I'd learn German and go to Einstein's deathbed so we can find out his last words.

Though it also depends on your definition of event.

I could stretch your meaning and say "I want to witness the existance of primates on earth from start to finish" And technically I feel that would count as one "event"

Scotty_ffgamer
11-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Assuming I'm in a little bubble and can't die, I'd go back to witness the very beginning of the universe. That would be cool.

To not cheat a bit and to pick something in Earth history... I don't really know. I'd probably go back to some supposedly famously haunted place in history to see if creepy things really were happening. I like scary things.

Slothy
11-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Assuming I'm in a little bubble and can't die, I'd go back to witness the very beginning of the universe. That would be cool.

To not cheat a bit and to pick something in Earth history... I don't really know. I'd probably go back to some supposedly famously haunted place in history to see if creepy things really were happening. I like scary things.

Choosing the beginning of the Universe is not cheating. I would like to see what came before, during, and immediately after creation, though it might be difficult given the existence of space time prior to the Big Bang is not something we can be sure about.

But if I saw Galactus being born from that cosmic fire I'd sure die happy.

The Man
11-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Assuming language was no barrier I'd go back to Biblical times to find out what the true deal with that Jesus fellow was.

Otherwise, yeah, that Doctor Who thing. Or maybe some classic rock concerts. I'd love to get live video footage of a Genesis performance with Peter Gabriel. The Library of Alexandria one was a good idea too.

Bubba
11-08-2014, 08:10 PM
I'd do the following. My machine can be used multiple times...

- I'd go to the location of the other 6 wonders of the ancient world when they were supposedly in existence.
- I'd watch the volcano eruption at Santorini which sunk half the island.
- I'd watch the sinking of the Titanic because I'm a bit weird
- I'd go to see Jimi Hendrix and Led Zep in concert in the 70's
- I'd watch Man Utd win the European Cup in 1968
- I'd watch one of my gigs and sit and criticise it for two hours

Colonel Angus
11-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Spain during the Spanish Civil War.

Caribbean during the Pirate era.

The last World Series the Cubs won.

Ancient Athens.

Hawaii before they really built up on it.

Ergroilnin
11-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Beginning of the Universe.

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2022, 01:15 AM
I'd definitely take a day trip to the stoa poikile, though I guess I'd need to brush up on my ancient Greek first...

Christmas
07-17-2022, 12:06 PM
I will travel to the galaxy long time ago and replace Palpatine as the one true Empress of the Sith. :bigsmile: