PDA

View Full Version : Who should Tidus have hooked up with?

Psychotic
11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Watching Shauna and Dat Matt's FFX Let's Play (which if you're not, you're should! Just jump in!) some of us in the thread were wondering if Rikku might be a better fit for Tidus. So. Soooooo.

Ayen
11-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm content with the Yuna/Tidus relationship and never saw him and Rikku as anything more than good friends. Tidus was good for Yuna, and vice versa, as much as it pains me to admit because I want Yuna for myself.

Shiva95
11-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Tidus is good with Yuna. I think that he and Rikku are just good friends.

Jinx
11-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I've always thought Tidus and Rikku would've been better together. Tidus and Yuna make no sense whatsoever.

Vyk
11-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I was always of the mindset that Rikku was more his speed. Or... maturity level. It's not that there was any real chemistry there. It's that there probably should have been chemistry there. They're a lot better for each other. But then again, there really wasn't any believable chemistry with Yuna either. It seemed like it was just kinda expected of them to hook up and so they did. And since she thought she was going to die, I guess it's good she got her jollies first, and it eventually did grow into something kinda sorta special. I hate Tidus so much its hard for me to respect her choice in him. But if she were a real person with real feelings... then to each their own I suppose

Freya
11-08-2014, 08:17 PM
O'aka needs lovin too.

Jinx
11-08-2014, 08:20 PM
O'aka needs lovin too.

He has Wantz.

Freya
11-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Tidus kept helping him out though, through the whole game. there has to be a connection cause otherwise, why would he help him so much

Shauna
11-08-2014, 09:24 PM
O'aka needs lovin too.

He has Wantz.

:erm:

Forsaken Lover
11-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Lulu did say she would add Tidus to her list....

Tidus would like her because of the two blitzballs she had under that dress.

Colonel Angus
11-09-2014, 06:56 AM
I'm shocked Freya didn't write-in the "Stay away from the summoner" lady.

I voted for O'aka, because w/ that hat, you know he'd be up for it.

Mirage
11-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Rikku, of course.

MoogleSky
11-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I was always of the mindset that Rikku was more his speed. Or... maturity level. It's not that there was any real chemistry there. It's that there probably should have been chemistry there. They're a lot better for each other. But then again, there really wasn't any believable chemistry with Yuna either. It seemed like it was just kinda expected of them to hook up and so they did. And since she thought she was going to die, I guess it's good she got her jollies first, and it eventually did grow into something kinda sorta special. I hate Tidus so much its hard for me to respect her choice in him. But if she were a real person with real feelings... then to each their own I suppose

For the entirety of the game, I was secretly hoping and rooting for Rikku, but knew that was a lost cause considering how the game was focused on "their story." Though, it felt forced from a player standpoint. I can see why they ended up together based on emotions and what they've been through, but at the same time it didn't feel...right.

Laddy
11-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I like Rikku with Tidus. She seems to match him in energy levels, have more in common, and common love for playfulness, and I just can't see Tidus/Yuna as a functional relationship.

Rikku has the intelligence to help Tidus with stuff whilst still having enough in common in general. Cultural similarities, similar interests, and all that stuff.

Forsaken Lover
11-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Haven't you people ever heard of Opposites Attract?

Goku and Rikku are the most alike but that's not a big deal.

krissy
11-10-2014, 12:52 AM
i never played this game but i gotta say it shouda been Squall

Sephex
11-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Tidus seemed to like Yuna.

black orb
11-10-2014, 06:34 PM
>>> The girls who play Blitzball..:luca:

Pumpkin
11-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Yuna

TidusReborn
12-09-2014, 11:01 AM
I always wanted Tidus to dye his hair black and rock some Powerman5000 with Lulu....

but that never happened :eep:

Rocket Edge
12-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Tidus and Yuna suited each other.

Dat Matt
12-14-2014, 02:06 AM
I get that he's naive to her situation which allows him to get close to her without reservation. Probably the only person in the game that does other than Seymour. I don't get Yuna though. Yuna knowing that she was on the way to the farplane soon seems to be very reserved with her feelings and would probably not get attached.

Rikku and Tidus aren't much of a better fit other than the fact they are the brains of the team. They'd probably get together during the calm after Yuna croaks had the story progressed that way.

Richard
05-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Tidus from what I heard ended up single after X-2 because he left Yuna. Although most fans will say that since he and Yuna are together. That they are a good couple.

To me, Yuna and Tidus are polar opposites. Yuna is down to Earth priestess out of defend what she believes while Tidus is just there.

If anything, his beliefs are more on point with Rikku's based on the reality he lived in. Which was an advanced civilization. Much like the one Rikku and the Al Bhed strive to live for.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-02-2015, 07:04 PM
"You're more my type, Lulu"

Also

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Affection_Mechanics

Pumpkin
06-02-2015, 09:31 PM
I never got the scenes with Rikku, I only gots the Lulu ones

Psychotic
06-02-2015, 09:42 PM
So I saw this thread title on the forums index and clicked it. I saw only the poll and was immediately disappointed with the options. I was going to post "I voted O'aka in absence of a Hypello or Tobli on the poll but I'm not happy about it :colbert:" and then I saw who was the one to actually make the poll. :shobon:

Pike
06-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Who should Tidus have hooked up with?

Me

Mirage
06-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Rikku is also the only one of them who can match Tidus in underwater swimming and we all know that's got an enormous potential for... fun.

Colonel Angus
06-03-2015, 04:26 AM
O'aka was the right answer when this thread was created, & he's still the right answer in 2015.

Zanmato
06-27-2015, 04:58 PM
I think that Tidus and Rikku are a more believeable couple than Tidus and Yuna, IMHO.
Why did you inducted O'aka here?! XD
And what's the point of helping him in the game?
[OFF-TOP] I'm kinda surprised that Lulu has a child with Wakka in FFX-2... It was kinda shocking to me, hahaha! XD