PDA

View Full Version : My winning streak!

Shauna
11-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Doesn't exist.

Competitions. Awards. I can think of few times that I have ever won anything.

I remember in school having ceremonies at the end of the year for those who performed the best in a given subject. I never won any. I got frickin' Certificates of Endeavour, which is essentially ruffling my hair and telling me that I'm pretty okay too.

I am also terribly unlucky when it comes to things like raffles and all that. Never won a single one in my life. xD Eh, they're usually for good causes, it's all fine. :stare:

Ah well, next time, right?!

What about you lot? Ever won an award? Prizes? Are you secretly a top tier chess player and have won many tournaments?

Ayen
11-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Nope. No awards. Never entered a tournament or anything.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-08-2014, 11:52 AM
I can see it now.

"Shauna: She's pretty okay"

According to several ~totally trustworthy~ advertisements around the internet, I'm the lucky winner of a lot of money, several dates, free downloads and a couple game consoles. Now, if only I get around to filling out those surveys with my master card information.

Pheesh
11-08-2014, 11:57 AM
When I was younger and actually tried in school I once got a certificate for being in the top 3% in the state for English as a subject. The local paper stuck me on the front page and everything (it was... a pretty small paper >.>), that's really the extent of it though.

Night Fury
11-08-2014, 12:41 PM
I used to win a lot of awards for my art at school. I also once won a certificate for being the best at General Knowledge on our year 6 holiday/trip thing. Knew all the answers to random questions about stuff. Yep. I was cool.

I also won Best Member on an internet messaging board once, I know. I really am cool.

Psychotic
11-08-2014, 12:54 PM
I won a sandcastle making competition in France when I was 8 or 9 :cool: Won some bubbles to blow, fuck yeah.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-08-2014, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't call this winning anything, but in elementary school I always got an award thing for my grades and attendance. I got it every year along with a bunch of other kids. The vice principal who did the awards every year always mispronounced my name.

Also in Elementary school, I won a drawing at a soccer game. Only drawing I think I've ever won. It was for a $100 gift card to Price Chopper. My parents just took it to buy groceries and I never really got to do anything with it.

I won soccer tournaments in middle/high school. Also my soccer team outside of school that my dad coached often ended the season in first place.

I also got accepted to read a poem I wrote in a conference. Had an all expenses paid trip to New Orleans for it. This was my third year in college, and the poem was something that I wrote like Sophomore year in high school. It was crappy, but I didn't have any time to work on something new. Somehow it got accepted. The following year I actually worked hard to write a new thing to try to get into the conference. This piece was a thousand times better than my stupid poem, but I wasn't accepted for that one.

Freya
11-08-2014, 04:49 PM
In Highschool I won multiple first in state awards for journalism related things.

I just won a free book from Goodreads :D Signed and it's an early copy, it's supposed to in the mail currently. It doesn't officially come out for a few weeks.

One time, when WoW teamed up with Mountain Dew they had this like point bid system. I put in of course for a laptop a computer a whole everything. Didn't win any of it. But i put a random like 5 points on a bag. Won the bag :cool:

I won the cooking contest on here! :D

Colonel Angus
11-09-2014, 02:04 AM
Won various awards for stuff in grade school, like grades & attendance.

Won an award @ an Academic Decathlon.

Won $600 in Vegas.

Won an autograph copy of TV Guide from the cast of The Big Bang Theory.

Won various trinkets from work for being error free.

Won a bobble head for winning Fantasy Football in '09.

Won a T-Shirt from another message board.

Won a game here.

Arc_Master_14
11-09-2014, 02:18 AM
Last thing that I won was an "Excellence in Physical Education" award in high school that was awkward because I was atop of my class and got that...
However I have good luck with raffles, except it's not me who wins, I give my luck to whoever I'm talking to at the moment of the prize getting called. Due to this my girlfriend won disneyland tickets two years ago that was fun.

noxious.sunshine
11-09-2014, 02:23 AM
I won a chicken dance competition at Dollywood when I was little. Scored tickets to Dixie Stampede's opening weekend for me and my family. Ha!

I won plenty of my swimming events back when I swam competitively.

Last night I completely owned the guys in both Rummy and Yahtzee (3 Yahtzees in the first game, wut!?).. Lol They were pissed. Mwahahaha.

Won honor roll all year in 4th grade- even though my teacher threatened to fail me for missing too much school .

Won a set of autographed photos of the Chinese VK band Silver Ash back when they were new and I joined their street team.

And of course my eoff forum awards. Most notably "Drunkest Member" & "Most Likely To Be Secretly Cooking Meth" xD

Shorty
11-09-2014, 06:56 PM
I won a writing contest in the fourth grade and was sent to a university to attend a conference for it. I thought for some reason that I was "going on to the next level" of the competition so I wrote a whole new story for it and was pretty bummed out when I wasn't able to present it. :aimmad:

Shiny
11-09-2014, 08:25 PM
I won things sometimes but it wasn't without a great deal of effort or luck. I even won a raffle one time which had a $50 gift card and it was perfect timing because I was dead broke at the time. Used the money to get myself lunch and a metro card.

MissH
11-09-2014, 10:15 PM
In high school I won an award for kindness :-) I was proud! But kindness doesn't win you money in competitions, which is what I really want!! That never happens!

Bubba
11-09-2014, 11:56 PM
- I won 'Guess the Best Screen Name' comp on here and Jiro sent me a cuddly tonberry
- I won the Super Mario Bros gaming comp on here by a country f***ing mile. Dat Matt sent me Mario made out of beads.
- I would have won the Super Mario Kart comp if I had not been playing the slower UK version. God damn Americans and their NTSC SNES consoles.
- Best Newbie Ciddie
- Most Underrated Ciddie
- I won the heart of MissH which makes me luckier than any lottery winner on the planet.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 04:28 AM
There were times I either won or lost competitions.

Psychotic
11-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I keep seeing this thread title as "My winning steak" and I keep thinking Shauna won a steak cooking contest and now I really want to eat it and I'm not happy that it's not real. How dare you trick me, Shauna! :argh:

Bubba
11-10-2014, 09:20 AM
I'll just leave this here...

Shlup
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I won a lot of academic awards up through 10th grade. I skipped a year in math, and I remember my friend being so excited she got a "High Honors" award for the proficiency test. I showed her my "Highest Honors" award and she was mad as a bug. After 10th grade though my academic career was all bees in the wind.

I won one of those raffles in middle school where they just do a generic drawing of the little "OMG you did something nice, here's a piece of paper" things. I picked a teddy bear with a Christmas sweater. I think I finally threw that ratty old bear out recently, but I kept his sweater. smurfing nice sweater, that.

Going further back, I went to the same elementary school for K-6. By 4th grade I had never once received a "Citizen of the Month" award, despite being a fucking angel. Fortunately, I figured out the system. My poor fourth grade teacher, for the first few months I was pretty shitty. My mom kept getting called in for conferences like "WTF!" I got detention for the first time. And then a few more times. ...And then I went back to normal. And you're fucking right I was Citizen of the Month that month.

Psychotic
11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
After 10th grade though my academic career was all bees in the wind.What? I mean don't get me wrong, I like it, but what?

Shlup
11-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Have you never seen bees try and fly in the wind? It's like "Fuck man, that's terrible."

Bubba
11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
After 10th grade though my academic career was all bees in the wind.

This is the greatest description of anything, ever.

MissH
11-10-2014, 09:19 PM
- I won 'Guess the Best Screen Name' comp on here and Jiro sent me a cuddly tonberry
- I won the Super Mario Bros gaming comp on here by a country f***ing mile. Dat Matt sent me Mario made out of beads.
- I would have won the Super Mario Kart comp if I had not been playing the slower UK version. God damn Americans and their NTSC SNES consoles.
- Best Newbie Ciddie
- Most Underrated Ciddie
- I won the heart of MissH which makes me luckier than any lottery winner on the planet.

Awwww ❤️❤️❤️ You are so wonderful!!! Best Newbie Ciddie is a great achievement!!!

:-p Love you xxx

Shauna
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I keep seeing this thread title as "My winning steak" and I keep thinking Shauna won a steak cooking contest and now I really want to eat it and I'm not happy that it's not real. How dare you trick me, Shauna! :argh:

I had some winning steak the other day. It didn't win any prizes, but it felt like one because I was so hungry that night.

MissH
11-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I'll just leave this here...

I'm so turned on right now...