PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Within

Shauna
11-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Has anyone played this yet? I picked it up because I like Resident Evil and all that nonsense, but I have yet to take it out of its shrink wrap. xD

I haven't heard too many great things about it though, seems that it quickly devolves into a bizarre Resident Evil 4-style action game instead of the horror game it sold itself as. I like RE4 so I will probably enjoy it well enough, though.

Ayen
11-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I haven't played it yet. It's one of the games I want to get in time for next year's Halloween.

Pheesh
11-08-2014, 11:43 AM
I've been watching markipliers play through of it, it is definitely more action than horror and it doesn't look like it's up my alley. Also the graphics seemed pretty lame for a current gen game.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Are there any similarities to the Saw games (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160089-Saw-games-(based-off-the-movies)?p=3480429#post3480429)? That's what I was hoping for based on seeing some of the trailers.

Vyk
11-08-2014, 02:52 PM
It's not a "horror" game in the sense that its meant to make you feel powerless and in a fight for your life. Its horror is more about the enemies it throws at you, and the places it puts you in, and the weird stuff that happens. It wants to show you horror sets, not make you feel horrified. So I guess if you get past the fact that its not a survival horror, it has a LOT in common with Resident Evil 4/5. It doesn't seem like a bad game. I too have been watching Markiplier's playthrough. At first I was relieved that I didn't drop the money on it. Now that I've gotten past the disappointment and accepted it as a really good follow-up to those Resident Evil games (something Resident Evil 6 kinda was not) I'm more interested in owning it. Probably on a price drop. But it's not a bad game. It's just not survival-horror. It's it a third person shooter/mystery set in a horrific setting. I think you'll enjoy it whenever you get to it

Sephex
11-10-2014, 04:27 AM
Evil is within this game for sure.