PDA

View Full Version : Who don't you like?

Colonel Angus
11-08-2014, 10:19 PM
What superheroes or villains do you just hate/dislike/not care for? What don't you like about them?

Rez09
11-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Superman.
I don't exactly hate the character, but I find him rather boring. Even when I was younger and one of my friends used to have a giant collection of comics I thought that, always gravitating away from his Superman stuff.

Loony BoB
11-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I agree with Rez regarding Superman. I'm not a big fan of Spiderman either. I never liked Cyclops much in general, but he does have good moments.

Sephiroth
11-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Superman.
I don't exactly hate the character, but I find him rather boring. Even when I was younger and one of my friends used to have a giant collection of comics I thought that, always gravitating away from his Superman stuff.

+

Ergroilnin
11-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Not giving a single smurfette about Superman either. Never will.

Mirage
11-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Superman.

Night Fury
11-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Yeah even though I enjoyed Smallville and the Lois and Clarke thing with Terri Hatcher... Superman.

Mirage
11-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Superman.

I think he's boring as a character, and all the superpowers they give him in the comics just get ridiculous after a while.

Pheesh
11-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Captain America. It's a shame because I've liked Chris Evans in other movies but Captain America is just such a lame super hero.

I have appreciated Superman more ever since I saw Kill Bill vol. II

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-14-2014, 12:23 AM
I have appreciated Superman more ever since I saw Kill Bill vol. II

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent.

His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears – the glasses, the business suit – that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He's weak, he's unsure of himself, he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.

krissy
11-14-2014, 12:55 AM
this is becoming a superman thread

i like supes

i think he's the model superhero to strive towards, in terms of believing in justice and using his power for the good of all blah blah blah

i hated that he 'had to kill' someone in the last movie it was dumb, out of character imo

his thing is that he ISN'T edgy for the sake of it

he just wants things to be good

i hate the joker (because im meant to i think) and the clown guy from spawn
not a big fan of clowns i guess

Shorty
11-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Aquaman is pretty much the worst.

And also, I've never been a fan of Ra's Al Ghul.

Night Fury
11-14-2014, 03:26 AM
I love Captain America and Chris Evans :jess: But I'm really into the 40's-50's era and the whole chivalry of it, and I think Chris Evans plays him really well. Also, Captain America 2 was really great. I will show it to you Philip!!!! One day!

You know who else I've gone off? Fricking Wolverine. Like, I kind of love him still but he gets soooooo much attention. There are some way cooler X Men!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Aquaman is pretty much the worst..

You better check yo self before you wreck to self. Aquaman is the shit. Although he is generally portrayed very poorly in any animated series.
He is kind of a dick though.

Anyways, I can't think of any one that I don't like. Except for maybe some of the minor superheros. They can be pretty lame.

Shorty
11-14-2014, 03:46 AM
He has the potential to be awesome, and he fails. He is the worst.

Pheesh
11-14-2014, 04:16 AM
He's no Seaman

S1NT4tYQjT4

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Aquaman is the trout.

No, he just talks to them.

theundeadhero
11-14-2014, 09:30 PM
I've always thought Cyclops was just a big nerd in a bad way.

Spooniest
11-15-2014, 07:37 AM
You know who else I've gone off? Fricking Wolverine. Like, I kind of love him still but he gets soooooo much attention. There are some way cooler X Men!

I used to think Wolverine was the absolute man. Hell yes, razor-sharp claws that can cut through anything, a badass "Screw you I'll do what I want" attitude, and a mutant power that makes him almost unkillable.

Recently, it's begun to dawn on me that Wolverine is obscenely overpowered. In addition, his backstory is the first example you find in the dictionary when you look up the word "Clusterf***."

Marvel recently killed him off, but they've already just come out and said that they're eventually bringing him back. I wish they'd let him stay dead; his character has ceased to hold any intrinsic meaning, becoming essentially a caricature of the 90's stereotype of the "Arrogant Doesn't-Play-By-The-Rules Guy."

As for Superman, I would be all but entirely turned off of him at this point if it weren't for one Mr. John Williams.

e9vrfEoc8_g

It's a fact of existence that there is no piece of music that says "Superhero" more effectively.

You can't really not like Superman, if there is any of the child you once were left in you. :)

Not liking the newest movie is entirely possible, however, since it's (as I understand) very off-putting to many fans. I may never know, as what I've heard gives me no desire to see it.

Mirage
11-15-2014, 10:20 AM
You can't really not like Superman, if there is any of the child you once were left in you. :)

Actually I can

Sephex
11-15-2014, 10:36 AM
more like subpar man lol

Ergroilnin
11-15-2014, 10:39 AM

Yes, yes I can. Here is a picture for your inside child.

Jdeadevil
11-15-2014, 02:48 PM
TwJaELXadKo

No but seriously, I find Black Panther a bit redundant. Maybe the MCU will represent him a little better though. Before I scrolled down to see the entire first page smothered with Superman hate, I was going to say I watched Man of Steel last night and it changed my mind a little bit. His cape was still a little ridiculous, but at least they explained everything else. I can't really see how Batman is going to tie into the universe though, and I can't see myself saying "Oh boy I'm glad we got Ben Affleck instead of Christian Bale".

Sephex
12-01-2014, 04:28 AM
Take a joke, man.

If you don't have to be polite about your jokes, I don't have to be polite about mine.

Sorry for late reply, I didn't see this because of the forum downtime. I have no idea how you could interpret my post as mean spirited (or impolite) in the slightest. I figured the intentional bad grammar/typos and poorly thought out jab would have been clue enough.

I actually have no problem with Super Man. I don't consider myself a fan or anything, and I've read a few comics that got creative with his origin story, but past that I am just kind of along for the ride.

Shauna
12-01-2014, 03:53 PM
A little bit late to the party but...

Cut it out, guys.

Sephex
12-02-2014, 04:49 AM
I have no problem with anything. That is my safe, boring, thoughtless response.

krissy
12-02-2014, 05:59 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/7a0ad8b0e64f49e0c6b6ff7d23769f34/tumblr_nfvssvQFTq1qel5vuo1_500.png