PDA

View Full Version : Cooking for a date...

Wolf Kanno
11-10-2014, 08:11 AM
If you were going to cook something for a date for the first time, what did/would you cook for them?

Bubba
11-10-2014, 10:51 AM
I made MissH stuffed peppers with mince, courgette, onion, garlic and chopped tomatoes with some crispy roast potatoes. We also had sweet chilli prawns in lettuce leave with salad cream drizzled on top. I made far too much and she didn't eat it all but it seemed to do the trick as it got her into my bed about an hour later :jokey:

blackmage_nuke
11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
I dont usually cook on dates, but I will cook breakfast the morning after a date :jokey:
Toast, eggs and beef sausages.

If I had to cook dinner I'd make a steak marinated in red wine and whatever fancy herbs i have in my pantry (usually thyme and rosmary) and a side of mash potatoes.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-10-2014, 12:48 PM
A lot of that would depend on the person I'm cooking for.

Pumpkin
11-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Lasagna. I have a family lasagna recipe that is delicious. Its what I made sharky when I first went to visit him

And now we've been together almost 3 years. I owe it all to lasagna

Shorty
11-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I would show off. I'd make an all-day slow-roasted beef roast with sides of gourmet mashed potatoes and honeyed-bacon-almond brussels sprouts, and artisan bread with olive oil to munch on. I'd have either a nice (cheap) red wine or Marintelli's sparkling cider to drink (because I love Martinelli's and you can never go wrong with it). And also key lime parfaits for dessert, because I have seriously been craving key lime parfaits lately and I want an excuse to make them.

All of that would either a) seal the deal or b) put us in a food coma, omitting the homerun I was hoping to score from slaving over food all day :colbert:

noxious.sunshine
11-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm a total show off when it comes to cooking for a date, even though I may opt for simpler dishes.

When Jay drove to Texas to meet me, I made him my Mexican shrimp cocktail before he left to go back home. It's beyond easy and so fucking yummy .. It's my sister's favorite thing that I make. But Jay really loved it too.

Now? I tend to think guys more appreciate comfort food types of dishes.. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, sauteed crispy green beans with bacon bits and maybe sun dried tomatoes. And some kind of fancy ass mac & chz. & Have like bacon wrapped walnuts and chips with spinach/artichoke/bacon/sun dried tomato dip.

Or a yummy sliced steak stir fry with chicken fried rice (since I've mastered that art, I think), egg drop soup, egg rolls, and crab rangoons/wontons . The epitome of how we all know we order from a Chinese takeout menu.

Ergroilnin
11-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Sausage is for the dinner m'lady. *fedora tipping intensifies*

sharkythesharkdogg
11-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Lasagna. I have a family lasagna recipe that is delicious. Its what I made sharky when I first went to visit him

And now we've been together almost 3 years. I owe it all to lasagna

Apparently this was our first date.

http://img.pandawhale.com/28306-Garfield-lasagna-gif-EzgK.gif

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2022, 01:11 AM
I would cook a simple meal depending on the season, and the desserts would be where I would impress her.

I'm a great cook, but I make amazing desserts.

BG-57
07-16-2022, 05:18 AM
Tex-Mex Shepard's Pie (ground beef mixed with refried beans and corn topped with mashed potatoes, cheese and paprika) and Monkey Bread (biscuit dough cut into quarters, dipped in a sugar/cinnamon mixture, then baked in a cake pan).

Psychotic
07-16-2022, 09:21 AM
I would cook a simple meal depending on the season, and the desserts would be where I would impress her.

I'm a great cook, but I make amazing desserts.Provide 5 photographs of desserts you have made. I will judge them.

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2022, 04:39 PM

I'm a great cook, but I make amazing desserts.Provide 5 photographs of desserts you have made. I will judge them.

I'm not some fucking 23 year old lassie. I don't take photos of food xD

I will next time I make something, though, just for you. <3

Christmas
07-17-2022, 11:53 AM
I want a video of the whole process with your face in it and your gentials covered with clothes.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2022, 03:57 PM
"Genitals covered with clothes" got a proper chuckle out of me :lol: