PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider yourself a romantic?

Wolf Kanno
11-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Simple question, do you consider yourself a romantic individual?

Bubba
11-10-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't think so, no. I'm sure MissH wishes I was much more of a romantic but it was never really in my nature. I realise that she is this way so I do try and make romantic gestures when I can. Whether I pull it off or not is another thing!

Hollycat
11-10-2014, 08:48 AM
perhaps too much so.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 08:52 AM
There are times that I am and times that I am not.

Psychotic
11-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Erm, not really. :shobon: I'm awful at that stuff.

Old Manus
11-10-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm a panromantic bi-gandalfqueer transkaidekosexual.

Sephex
11-10-2014, 09:21 AM

You might want to edit that post. It may offend someone.

This will probably really annoy people who can't read removed posts. xD

Shlup
11-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Eh, not really. I do really love romance stories (movies, manga, TV) like to a ridiculous degree, but in my own life I'm very easy to please.

Examples:
1) The night BJ proposed, he took me to see Batman. I love Batman.
2) In 14 years, BJ has planned (without discussing it with me) one other date. I melted.
3) BJ gets me Lemon Heads for Valentines' Day. Swoon!
4) Today I bought him the Costco pack of dish washing gloves. I told him it's because I love him. I am the queen of romance.

Loony BoB
11-10-2014, 03:55 PM
By nature, yes. But Danielle just laughs and says I'm cheesy if I do it, so after a while I was trained through such reactions not to be romantic. But sometimes I still let something slip and other people will go "Awwww, that's so romantic" so it's nice that some people appreciate it. xD

Example of romance with us: I bring home flowers and she quickly types into FFXIV "brb, Daniel got me flowers, I have to pretend to be interested." :mad2:

Shorty
11-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes.

Pumpkin
11-10-2014, 04:07 PM
yes

Quindiana Jones
11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
It's like light actually shines on you permanently. Every aspect, every facet of your being is everything I need to make myself feel comfortable, and the time I spend with you is always the best part of my day. You're perfect, and I'm so glad that all of the choices I've made and the paths I've taken have lead to you.

"Hello bumface. <3"

Shauna
11-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Eh, not really. I do really love romance stories (movies, manga, TV) like to a ridiculous degree, but in my own life I'm very easy to please.

I think this is how I would describe myself.

Shorty
11-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Being easy to please doesn't mean you can't be a romantic! I consider myself easy to please in that I just care about a non-half-assed gesture being made at all, period.

Shauna
11-10-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't do anything actively romantic, nor does my life involve too many romantic gestures. I enjoy them when they happen, but it's not a big deal to me either way. xD

black orb
11-10-2014, 06:39 PM
>>> I hate valentines day so probably not..:luca:

Iceglow
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I can be which would surprise a lot of members here. However, a bit like Daniel I get called cheesey when I do it. Though I like to try and meet people who either don't mind me coming out with the odd "cheesey" moment or positively enjoy it.

MissH
11-10-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't think so, no. I'm sure MissH wishes I was much more of a romantic but it was never really in my nature. I realise that she is this way so I do try and make romantic gestures when I can. Whether I pull it off or not is another thing!

As Bubba said, I am a die-hard romantic. Always have been. The cheesier the better. I love the idea that someone can love another person so deeply, they would just do anything for them and constantly be thinking how to make them happy.

I know Bubba's not massively into soppy stuff so I try and calm it down a bit with him, but I've done all kind of cute stufd with exes. For Valentine's day I once took a load of photos of my ex and I and turned them into a story book about him being my prince and saving me!! He also went away to Aus for 7 weeks and I created little paper hearts each with a reason why I loved him on- he had one to read each day.

Ofcourse I have done some soppy stuff for Bubba. Once he was feeling rubbish. It was about 11pm and I was getting on a plane to dubai at 7am- airport and 4.30. I drove to Tesco to buy him the new Red Dwarf he had been wanting. Then I chose a few of my DVDs I thought he might like- I wrote little notes on them and took them round to his. Needless to say I was knackered getting on the flight- but it was worth it to make him smile and give him a cuddle.

Romance and love is amazing!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-10-2014, 10:26 PM

I'd love to see your encyclopedia sized list of made up pronouns.

Spooniest
11-10-2014, 10:40 PM
I once slept on the floor of my room so that my girlfriend could have the (twin) bed to herself.

I am known to compose songs for women who I have failed at relationships with.

I cry when there is particularly somber music on.

I know the real meaning of the commonly misused phrase "Wherefore art thou Romeo?" Literally, "Why are you Romeo?"

I spend a lot of time pondering "That undiscovered country, from whose bourne, no traveler returns." Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1. He means the afterlife.

I have never, in my life, started a new relationship before I have concluded the previous relationship (i.e., I am monogamous).

I have been known to write songs lamenting the failed relationships I have had in the past.

I play Final Fantasy for the story.

I have taken it upon myself to memorize only a few phrases in French, but one of them is "Vous ette la femme la plus belle que je jamais vue." "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen." This got me a free French credit when I was in college, and I only had to attend the class for the first day and whip out this line.

I am known to compose love ballads about my past failed relationships.

That being said, romance has only ever brought me tears. However, I am what I am, and I can't change that.

<3

MissH
11-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Aww, Spooniest- you sound lovely!!! I am sure your 'one' is out there and they will be so grateful for your romantic side!

Iceglow
11-12-2014, 12:33 AM
I may have understated just how romantic I can be earlier. As a Tottenham Hotspurs fan (Yank's look up your soccer teams if you don't know what I'm on about) I grew up in an area of North London almost exclusively divided between Spurs (Tottenham) and the Gunners (Arsenal) You had the occasional Glory Hunter (AKA Manchester United fans) but a special kind of hate was reserved for one club in particular as a kid. That was the South London "Nancy boys" who were supported by only a group of "nonces" I'm talking about only one team clearly here and that team is Chelsea.

Well today, Alison (the girl I'm currently in the process of getting to know) needed to find a children's Chelsea kit with a personalised shirt for her nephew. She was struggling and despite knowing I could never clear the stain from my records I used my work PC to access their store and send her an email across with the link so she could do it easily.

If that isn't romantic, god knows what is.

Pheesh
11-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Yeah I'm quite the romantic. Last Valentine's day I tried to get rose petals to use for the day, but no where had them unless you had pre-booked them, all I could get were roses. So that night I snuck out of bed after Locky fell asleep and picked the petals off of a half dozen roses. When she woke up there was a path of rose petals for her to follow to her various presents around the house, eventually leading to the kitchen where I'd made her bacon in the shape of love hearts.

All that said though.. I just farted in bed while typing this and nearly woke her up, so make of our weird relationship what you will >.>

Forsaken Lover
11-12-2014, 02:05 AM
I think, on the whole. I probably favor the Romantic Movement over the Enlightenment. I mean, they gave us Byron, Keats, both the Shelley's and there are quie a few American Romantic authors I enjoy as well.

Spooniest
11-12-2014, 04:41 AM
Aww, Spooniest- you sound lovely!!! I am sure your 'one' is out there and they will be so grateful for your romantic side!

What I didn't mention is that I also have a hair-trigger temper. Care to re-evaluate that statement now?

Passion is quite the double-edged sword.

MissH
11-12-2014, 04:30 PM

What I didn't mention is that I also have a hair-trigger temper. Care to re-evaluate that statement now?

Passion is quite the double-edged sword.

I agree. People who are very romantic tend to have strong feelings in all emotion. I can really really see red on occassions. My anger usually ends up with me cryibg my eyes out though!

I wish you luck my friend!

Forsaken Lover
11-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Fits of anger do usually leave me crying too if they involve my girlfriend. I don't like getting mad at her and after I get all that rage out of me I just feel like the biggest piece of shit and hate myself.

It's annoying.

But my personality type is one of contradictions, which explains why very little in my head makes sense.

Shiny
11-13-2014, 01:47 AM
No except when I was in France. France DOES things to you. It's the air I think.

Rin Heartilly
11-29-2014, 02:45 PM
In my head I am totally romantic and I imagine all kinds of occasions that I wish would happen to me.

In reality though, I doubt I'd ever act on any of them. I'm as romantic as a tumbleweed >.>

escobert
11-29-2014, 02:47 PM
No, not at all.

Pike
11-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Nope.

There are a couple of chick flicks that I like though.

chionos
11-29-2014, 07:49 PM
I used to be.

I don't know that I believe anymore.

Reevaluating.

Yamaneko
11-30-2014, 06:22 AM
Very much so. I can see no other outcome, but to consider oneself a postmodern Neo Romantic in this Age of Information.

Now excuse me while I indulge in some mindless hedonism in the form of Youtube cat videos.

Leigh
12-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Yes, I think so, but I am just somewhat unpracticed. I haven't had the chance to refine my romantic tendencies by using them on a lady creature.

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I can be romantic. I have the insight and know how to be properly romantic.

But I'm too realistic to be a proper romantic. I don't believe in soul mates, or anything of that sort. Love is something you work at, and romantic situations don't spontaneously happen. They require effort, insight, creativity, and preparation.

Fox
12-07-2014, 11:47 PM
I would be if I could find a partner! Especially these days, you know the whole 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' thing? I think when you're on your own for a long time, people like me appreciate romance a lot more. The feeling of being intensely close to someone, completely absorbed in each other and nothing else. That sort of closeness is something that really appeals to me.

I guess I'm not big on what we traditionally call 'romantic gestures'. The box of chocolates, the barbershop quartet, the candlelit dinners, the can be nice but are relatively ostentatious and lack a certain... intimacy. But when it comes to cuddling on the sofa or sharing a bubble bath or taking walks through the park - I love that stuff.

Rocket Edge
12-08-2014, 01:52 AM
I'm all for doing everything I can to keep a girl happy - make money, good listener etc., but romantic stuff I'm not so great at. Even the thoughts of getting down on one knee just brings cheesefest into my mind. I've bought flowers before, but I think buying flowers is different for me.

rarity
12-08-2014, 06:52 AM
I think I am, a bit too much. I'm kinda stuck in the fairytale land most little girls are in at the age of six.

i think my ideals of romance will never be met xD

Iceglow
12-08-2014, 07:16 AM
I think Paul said something to me on Whatsapp the other day which basically put me in my place.

"Steve, we all know that whilst you've had the time being a player and yes, we can't deny that. You are at heart a bloody romantic and whats more is that you're all bloody heart so stop acting like things don't phase you because they do!"

Kudos to him, man knows me better than I know myself at times. That or he'll just voice the things I won't.

Aerith's Knight
12-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Kudos to him, man knows me better than I know myself at times. That or he'll just voice the things I won't.

48. Be Second Accounts of Each Other
Psychotic & Steve

Suspicious... :shifty:

krissy
12-09-2014, 01:03 AM
I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like, tears… in… rain.

chionos
12-09-2014, 01:11 AM
Time...to die.

krissy, you old romantic, you.

Sephex
12-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Hey, I have been quoting Blade Runner too these days!

http://websta.me/p/870907719234332119_1318621768

Bubba
12-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Time...to die.

It's actually "Wake up, time to die!"

But you are quoting Blade Runner and that means that you are awesome.

Sephex
12-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Time...to die.

It's actually "Wake up, time to die!"

But you are quoting Blade Runner and that means that you are awesome.

Actually, the last words of that little speech are "Time...to die." Though you are also correct with your quote, it is spoken in a different part by a different character.

Bubba
12-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Then I stand corrected! My apologies, chionos.

I'm just overly happy at the sudden mentions of Blade Runner :D

Fuzakeru
12-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Yes. :)
So much so that it is probably unhealthy.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Yes, yes I am.

Chris
12-16-2014, 09:20 AM
I'll let you have sex with me. I am doing YOU a favor.