PDA

View Full Version : Have You Played Any Zelda Games?

Pumpkin
12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Have you played any of the Legend of Zelda games?

I've played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and I plan to play Twilight Princess and Wind Waker

rarity
12-07-2014, 05:36 PM
I've played all of them but a couple on the Wii. Love the series x3

Vyk
12-07-2014, 05:37 PM
I've played a handful of them, but only bothered to beat Ocarina of Time. I have trouble getting into them. But I'm not going to turn this into a rant against the series, because PBG just recently posted a video on why him and a friend really loved Skyward sword while most people hate it. And their reasons were really good. It apparently has a lot more story and character than any of the other games seem to. And while recently looking at Monolith Soft's contributions to the gaming world outside of Xeno games, I discovered that they had a hand in making A Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword (if I remember correctly, and if true, this would explain why I find myself more attracted to that game, I know they have the ability to craft a more compelling story and more endearing NPCs than I'd been used to in most Zelda games)

So yeah. I actually intend on giving Skyward Sword a chance sometime soon. Which is extremely weird for an avid Zelda-hater like myself :3

Pike
12-07-2014, 06:04 PM
I have played a lot of them and the original is still the best. Even better than LttP and Ocarina of Time IMO.

Vermachtnis
12-07-2014, 06:52 PM
I've played them all except Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. Now that I have something to play it on, I should double back and get Skyward Sword. Wind Waker's my favorite.

Aulayna
12-07-2014, 07:05 PM
ALL OF THEM

Dat Matt
12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Legit the only one I'm missing is Majora's Mask, 3D remake inbound though.

Dat Matt
12-07-2014, 07:17 PM
PS - The Four Swords adventures has been missed off the list, played that as well/

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Four_Swords_Adventures_Game_Cover.jpg and http://zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/6/6c/Four_Swords_Box.png/260px-Four_Swords_Box.png

Psychotic
12-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I have the best vote. Nobody will ever match that.

Though I reaaaaally want to play Majora's Mask as the countdown idea is one I adore.

Pumpkin
12-07-2014, 07:34 PM
It is an amazing game

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2014, 08:01 PM
I haven't played any of the N64 ones. Why?

This is where my N64 would be... IF I HAD ONE!!

DINKLEBERG!!

Rez09
12-07-2014, 09:38 PM
I've played most of the series, but my favorite is still the original (or the SNES Satellaview remake of it).

Leigh
12-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Funny. I tried to play a few of them in my teens, but I was unable to actually get through a single one. I find that Nintendo lack a lot of character depth in their games. They're good for mindless platforming action of the early-mid 90s, but none of them seem to have much substance if you're a story-driven gamer. I don't deny that they seem really well made though for the type of game they are, and the audience they are designed for. =)

Dat Matt
12-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Consider trying the newer ones like skyward sword or twilight princess. They have more characterisation and story thsn previous installments. Premise is still the same but are pretty fleshed out compared to the previous installments.

Pike
12-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Funny. I tried to play a few of them in my teens, but I was unable to actually get through a single one. I find that Nintendo lack a lot of character depth in their games. They're good for mindless platforming action of the early-mid 90s, but none of them seem to have much substance if you're a story-driven gamer. I don't deny that they seem really well made though for the type of game they are, and the audience they are designed for. =)

This is actually why I like the first one the best.

Who needs story and characters when you can go around bashing things in with a sword! :mwahaha:

Agent Proto
12-08-2014, 12:36 AM
I've played most of the games. Some, I haven't though.

Vyk
12-08-2014, 03:44 AM
I remember reading an article someone wrote about what defines a gamer, and they had a tangent on what defined a game. They had mentioned meeting someone... I honestly forget who. One of the founders like Nolan Bushnel or something. And asked their opinion of today's games and threw out some examples I can't remember. But whoever the interviewee was, they sneered and wrinkled their nose at today's games, saying that the true pure video game experiences are just lights and buttons and simple concepts anyone can pick up and play. Things like story and graphics are weighing down the concept and are useless fat put on for padding to pander to the youth with low attention spans

And I can't even fathom anyone not liking the advancement of video games. Especially with the introduction of stories and characters. That was a revolutionary concept. And I tend to find Zelda games, especially the early ones, on that other side of the spectrum, where it's just pure video-game'y with no real padding for those of us who require substance to sate our attention deficit :P

But at least in that regard there are boundaries and definitions so at least it makes more sense. I used to hate on Kingdom Hearts for the same reason. Story seemed secondary and really the only objective was to run around and whack stuff and go on to the next stage. Kingdom Zelda Hearts :3

Sorry for the tangent though

The Man
12-08-2014, 03:48 AM
I've played all of them on this list except the 3D handheld titles and the two Four Swords games. I haven't finished Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword though.

escobert
12-08-2014, 04:31 AM
The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons (I wanted Ages so bad!)
Wind Waker
Four Swords

A Link To The Past is #1 for me. Lots of childhood hours at my dads house spent playing that.

Pike
12-08-2014, 10:25 AM
I remember reading an article someone wrote about what defines a gamer, and they had a tangent on what defined a game. They had mentioned meeting someone... I honestly forget who. One of the founders like Nolan Bushnel or something. And asked their opinion of today's games and threw out some examples I can't remember. But whoever the interviewee was, they sneered and wrinkled their nose at today's games, saying that the true pure video game experiences are just lights and buttons and simple concepts anyone can pick up and play. Things like story and graphics are weighing down the concept and are useless fat put on for padding to pander to the youth with low attention spans

And I can't even fathom anyone not liking the advancement of video games. Especially with the introduction of stories and characters. That was a revolutionary concept. And I tend to find Zelda games, especially the early ones, on that other side of the spectrum, where it's just pure video-game'y with no real padding for those of us who require substance to sate our attention deficit :P

But at least in that regard there are boundaries and definitions so at least it makes more sense. I used to hate on Kingdom Hearts for the same reason. Story seemed secondary and really the only objective was to run around and whack stuff and go on to the next stage. Kingdom Zelda Hearts :3

Sorry for the tangent though

I love story and lore in video games. This is why I never shut up about stuff like Morrowind, Deus Ex, and SMAC. But it's not something I need in every video game. Just like it's not something I need in every movie (I will quite happily watch stuff by Michael Bay.)

Or maybe it's because I'm old and stuff like Dig Dug and Yars' Revenge are in my top ten list. I dunno. (Although Yars' Revenge comes with a seriously good backstory)

Mirage
12-08-2014, 12:01 PM
I've played link to the past, ocarina of time, majoras mask and wind waker

I have completed none of them.

Loony BoB
12-08-2014, 01:36 PM
I have the best vote. Nobody will ever match that.
:shobon:

Skyblade
12-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I've played almost all of them. No Adventure of Link or Spirit Tracks, but I've at least played all the others (Forgot to put in "Other" for Hyrule Warriors, because the Phillips CDI games have been discounted from the series).

Didn't get to spend as long with the original or Majora's Mask as I might have liked. But, hey, 3DS remake of Majora's Mask coming.

Link Between Worlds is still the best.

Ayen
12-14-2014, 07:18 AM
I've played LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoX, TWW, TP, Four Swords, and ALBW.

My favorites include LoZ, ALttP, LA, OoT, OoX, TWW, TP, and Four Swords. I still need to play more of ALBW. The only game I completed has been OoT.

Shlup
12-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I've only beaten Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Four Swords. I've played more than that, to varying degrees. I'm stuck in Ocarina though, at the part where you're looking for now-grown Saria. Those fucking pig guards!!