PDA

View Full Version : This is the age for dragons and inquisitions, everyone inside the thread gogogo!

Jessweeee♪
11-14-2014, 03:10 AM
So yeah Inquisition comes out Tuesday, and I am crazy hyped eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Who's planning on getting it? I'm gonna disappear for like a year once it's out.

Also, everyone interested in playing this game should definitely check out the Keep, where you can tweak decisions made for the first two games. Be warned, literally every Origins and Dragon Age II spoiler is in this link. (https://dragonagekeep.com/)

Del Murder
11-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Looks awesome, but I'm still on Awakening. Someday, though.

Quindiana Jones
11-14-2014, 08:08 AM
I didn't know it was coming out so soon. Was not expecting this at all.

Skyblade
11-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Interesting, some fairly major choice options are missing from the Keep:

No option I can see for Morrigan's ritual to save whoever slays the Archdemon.

Also, no option for Hawke to become the Viscount.

Jessweeee♪
11-14-2014, 08:48 PM

The ritual option is there in a couple of places for sure, but I didn't see an option for making Hawke Viscount.

Freya
11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Nooo this is too soon. How am I to draenor and DA:I D:

Skyblade
11-14-2014, 11:04 PM

The ritual option is there in a couple of places for sure, but I didn't see an option for making Hawke Viscount.

Found it, in the Morrigan Companion section. Somehow I almost completely overlooked that section. Thanks.

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Just bought a new monitor, but it won't arrive until Wednesday, poop :(

Pheesh
11-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Everybody who has this game talk about how awesome this game is.

I started with a character and made it to Skyhold but I really wasn't digging the way that he was turning out so I restarted with a different char and I'm amazed how much fun I'm having basically doing the same things. I love just running around in the Hinterlands and a lot of that has to do with how freaking amazing the game looks (I'm playing on PS4). I know I've barely scratched the surface of the game as well so I can't wait to just keep plowing through it.

Who else is loving their time with this game?

Shauna
11-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Merged with Jesswee's thread.

Been back barely any time and I am already getting stuff done. How wonderful.

Pheesh
11-27-2014, 11:33 AM
My thread was post crash. Forgive me for trying to move on from previous weeks' events!!

Shauna
11-27-2014, 11:51 AM
No. :colbert:

Hannibal_Khan
11-27-2014, 07:11 PM
I WANT THIS GAME! but i gonna wait till I have a ps4, seems ps3 wouldn't do it justice.

Freya
11-28-2014, 03:07 PM
I plan on finally picking it up this next friday. Had other expenses and then bills are all at the end of the month so next friday I'll have disposable income to go get this baby.

Psychotic
11-28-2014, 07:42 PM
I WANT THIS GAME! but i gonna wait till I have a ps4, seems ps3 wouldn't do it justice.Actually most of the criticism I have heard about it is that it's a PS3/Xbox 360 quality game in terms of graphics.

NeoCracker
11-28-2014, 08:06 PM
...Shameless plug here. http://www.aguywhogames.com/?p=64

Since most aren't likely to read my full review, best dragon age to date. Funnest battle system, best dialogue, and the best cast of characters. Cole is currently my favorite. <3

Edit: It can be the buggiest dragon age though. We aren't talking Elder Scrolls level of fucking up, but ti's noticable. I have it for PS4, btw. :p

Pheesh
11-29-2014, 01:48 AM
Actually most of the criticism I have heard about it is that it's a PS3/Xbox 360 quality game in terms of graphics.

Dunno what game they were playing or what graphics they were expecting but that is definitely not true for me, the game looks spectacular.

What bugs have you run into Neo? I've had one where a quest marker in forbidden oasis went to an unreachable part of the map, but I just had to leave and come back and it was fine. That's been the only one though, it hasn't seemed that buggy tbh.

NeoCracker
11-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Several times sound cut out on me or it would stall during dialogues (Sound issues fixed by entering the menu and backing out), and enemy drops appearing in some wierd fucking places after killing an enemy.

A couple times it froze during dialogue, and I had to reload. Of course the game auto-saves so much nothing was really lost.

And then one time my character was doing a jig that looked like a retard dancing during a conversation about another character making a mistake, so it looks like I was mocking them the whole time. :p

Vyk
11-29-2014, 05:33 PM
The girlfriend got it on launch for PS3 and it was one of the most love hate relationships I've ever seen her have with a game. She played through it twice already though. She would have done it for PS4 but it wasn't fully paid for at the time. I helped pay that off and let them talk me into a low budget credit card and got her the PS4 version. It is indeed gorgeous. People saying it looks last gen have not played the PS3 version. It's a huge difference. And the PS3 was so buggy. This one crashed once but since the PS4 treats games like apps all it did was take her to the Home screen. On the PS3 it would have froze the whole system. Which it did multiple times per session when she played it on there. Along with horrible sound sync issues and graphical anomalies. Which we've experienced none of on PS4. Haven't played it myself but it seems like a fantastic experience. And is best experienced in next gen if possible

Aulayna
11-29-2014, 07:41 PM
I spent about 5 hours in The Hinterlands and stopped playing. Not because I wasn't enjoying it though, mostly because it raised awareness that my graphics card is aging a bit now. So one my shiny new card arrives I will be hermitting like cray cray on this game!

Araciel
12-01-2014, 07:28 AM
So much win in one game.. Only about 40 hours in but good gods is it good. I'd have paid five or ten times the price I paid. If only it had click-to-move... Ah well, using a controller is a small price to pay to be so deep into Ferelden and ORLAIS <3

Jessweeee♪
12-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I think you can click to move in the tactical view but I don't use that very much. There's also G to autorun. The PC version with the right specs is like really really gorgeous. Cutscene pretty all the time. Also if you're bored it's possible to tweak your settings so everyone's hair and lips looks like one solid block of shiny metal. So far I've had just a few bugs, mostly involving people and loot drops falling through floors, occasionally a word is skipped during cutscenes, only one major bug that made me kill the game process manually: don't try to pick up any loot when a cutscene is about to happen :I

Also I am seducing Cullen with my wily magey ways, something my Origins mage never got to do because stupid Jowan :nonono:

Araciel
12-01-2014, 11:09 PM
I know about those... Switched to controller anyway cause it's easy. I have everything on ultra amaze hd and it's very pretty. prettier than I expected it to be because bioware. there is some glitch with the hard in high town ops... and i think another op is frozen too.

NeoCracker
12-02-2014, 10:51 AM
I liked Sera at first. Now I want her to die for being a complete fucking idiot.

Pheesh
12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
ITT we find out who was unsuccessful at seducing a certain character.

NeoCracker
12-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Please, I seduced Josephine long before I started doing quests for Sara. <3

Next game I'm making a Red Head. I'm sure you know who I'm going after that run. <3

Skyblade
12-03-2014, 02:11 AM
I keep trying to play this every so often. The game is horribly optimized for PCs, unfortunately, and the options I'm left with to get it working are not pretty.

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Varric's card in the party selection screen changed seemingly out of nowhere and now it's red and scary and got these red lyrium ghosties and so I talked to him to see if anything is up and that started a quest called "Well, trout." Is he going to die? I'm scared ; ;

Pheesh
12-03-2014, 03:45 AM
Sera's card changed after she warmed to me more or something, does he disagree with you often? That's all I can think of.

Del Murder
12-03-2014, 04:03 AM
I've played Origins and Awakening. Would I be missing a lot if I skipped DA2 and went straight to this? I heard DA2 is not as good.

Spuuky
12-03-2014, 04:11 AM
I've played Origins and Awakening. Would I be missing a lot if I skipped DA2 and went straight to this? I heard DA2 is not as good.A) Yes, you would, and B) you like a lot of games worse than DA2. DA2 is still good, it just isn't GREAT like Origins.

Vyk
12-03-2014, 04:22 AM
The amusing thing is that DA2 is referenced WAY more than DA:O or Awakening. But it's not required to enjoy the game. They just mention people and events, so if you played the game, you'd have prior knowledge of that stuff. But they don't necessarily treat you like you need to know that stuff

You get to set all your choices for the other games for this one in a separate application, so having save files isn't necessary either, you can do the research and tell it to build a world where you would have made X choices and it will do it

That being said, DA2 is really good. Not fantastic, but really good. Lots of character, deep intricate plots, fun combat. It's probably super cheap these days too, or at least worth a rental. But it's honestly something you can always come back to if you really want to play Inquisition right now. I'm one of those people that feel obligated to play a series in order if I missed out on a bunch, and then I get burned out on the older games. There's really no reason for that if there's a threat of that happening for you. Play what you want and enjoy it how you will. But as far as things like DA2 and Mass Effect 3, I would ignore the nay-sayers and form your own opinion on them. Whenever time allows

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2014, 04:42 AM
I love talking to Sera. "Oh you're from Wherever? I'm from North Wherever. We had fun in the street and/or tavern."

I've played Origins and Awakening. Would I be missing a lot if I skipped DA2 and went straight to this? I heard DA2 is not as good.

If you really want to skip it you can just do the Keep that I linked to in the first post, before you get to the more detailed choices there's an animation that very nicely sums it up so if you want you can just like watch it and then leave the keep alone to avoid every single spoiler ever. There are some spoilers in the animation, but you're gonna be spoiled about as much if you skip ahead anyway. DA2 was super different. I loved it, though I agree it's the weakest entry. The plot of DA2 is all events that happen in one city-state, Kirkwall, that serve as the catalyst for the mage rebellion that is happening in all of Thedas during Inquisition.

Sera's card changed after she warmed to me more or something, does he disagree with you often? That's all I can think of.
No but I finished the quest and it changed to a third thing that was much less ominous.

Araciel
12-03-2014, 10:09 PM
My Iron Bull card changed after a specific quest, but it makes sense, the change that happened. It makes sense if DA2 is referenced more since it happened more recently.

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2014, 03:37 AM
The plot of DA2 seems to be more relevant to the plot of Inquisition than Origins what with all the magey things happening, but I'm only as far as getting to Skyhold in the main plot so that could very well change.

Vyk
12-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Yeah, I get that they're more related so it's only natural that it gets referenced more. But I find it odd that a champion from one city is considered more important and integral to the story and the events of that city are as well considered more important, than the hero from an entire country who saved that whole portion of the continent/planet. The hero of Fereldan is mentioned in passing here and there, but otherwise their character and the events in the first game are completely ignored. Though I guess they have no real relevance for the events taking place. I just find it odd that BioWare wouldn't have tapped that a little better and actually made it part of the story more

Though it also helps that the character from DA2 was voiced and fleshed out as much as Shepard from ME and not just a voiceless avatar for the player. It'd probably be weird and disorienting to have your character from the first game having a voice and personality and stuff all of a sudden

NeoCracker
12-04-2014, 09:20 AM
The actual finale of the story was kind of underwhelming, though the hooks for future games are down right amazing!
Flemmeth is housing the spirit of Mythal, the supposed Evlen Goddess that created the World, and her goal is some kind of Heaven Shaking Vengance, and currently she has the Old God that was sealed in Morrigans child.

And Solas was the dude who gave The Elder One that orb in the first place, as well as being the Dread Wolf!

I love that puts so much more context to him and Coles conversations, and where he confirms that the Elven Gods were not actually gods. I can't wait for a new game/DLC. :p

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2014, 05:53 AM
http://i59.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/29dkat.png

horse what are you doing

Freya
12-08-2014, 02:41 PM
wat r u doin horse?

Get down from there.

You can't do parkour. You are a horse.

Pheesh
12-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Must...resist...can't...joke's....right there...

PARKORSE!!

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2014, 06:51 AM
just finished the game

lordy

I read a codex entry that said that Andraste had a bunch of kids boys and girls and one of her daughters had only daughters for generations and I was like omigawd it's Flemmeth, but then she was Mythal! Maybe she is both people idk probably not. I'm really disappointed that I never got to find Sandal. Is he in the game? When I knew I was getting a rune person I was like aw yiss Sandal and Bodan and me are gonna hang but it was Dagna and she's super cool and everything but Enchantment :(

That's all I have to say for now, I'm gonna need more time to process.

Freya
12-09-2014, 02:51 PM
I just bought it last night xD I'm a little a late. I ended up making my chick's ear too big and her cheekbones to strong but oh well. She kinda looks like the actress Emily Browning.

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Ok I didn't want to be done with Dragon Age yet so I read all of the Dark Horse comics and like are those canon? Because if so then Morrigan's son has an old god soul, possibly the blight taint, Flemeth's genes, and dragon blood if Alistair did the ritual. Even if it is canon I don't expect they'll do much with that but can you imagine all the sparklypoo mary sue fanfics that must be floating around out there?

Also fun fact: I didn't realize until I was on the final boss that you could revive party members.

Freya
12-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Probably a crap ton!

I was gonna mention, playing the first intro part before the big "DRAGON AGE INQUISITION" title, I am so glad I have played the previous games. There were so many instances of "Oooo that's whoever" and "LELIANA!" and "VARRIC!" and "CULLEN!" and "cassandra :/"

Also, I got the 360 version thinking, yeah i can use the keep but this way I can just import since that's where all my saves are. So I hadn't messed with the keep at all. Turns out you HAVE to use it. So I connect it and it had like all my choices wrong so I had to go edit the crap out of it.

It's a bit glitchy for me on the 360. I don't know if the ps3 is less so but if I knew I HAD to use the keep, I would have just gone to PS3. I probably should have looked into it before hand but whatever.

Araciel
12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
I used the keep without importing on PC. So much better to just go through and choose everything how I now remember it heheh

Vyk
12-09-2014, 11:55 PM
PS3 was insanely glitchy. Like your console would lock up every hour or so. Not just buggy quests or phenomena

Jessweeee♪
12-10-2014, 04:02 AM
Yeah surprisingly I have had fewer problems on the PC than what I've heard from console users. Usually PC is the buggiest. Not completely without bugs, just a couple of fun ones like my Inquisitor & Co. all spawning in the same spot and then their bone structure flipping the smurf out and making weird stomping noises that got louder and louder and louder until I got scared and killed the program.

EDIT:

Went to start a new game as a Qunari rogue, got hit in the face with a giant patch download. I'll keep y'all posted if I notice any major differences.

Freya
12-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Typically the glitches i'm getting are graphics. Like textures not loading or taking forever to load. Or occasionally a character wont be shown when they are supposed to be talking.

Aulayna
12-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Actually got around to sitting down and playing this, somehow I ended up siding with the Templars instead of the Mages - not quite sure how, or if that's intentional, but the encounter at the Redoubt was a lot of fun!

Aulayna
12-19-2014, 02:58 AM

This was oddly one of my favourite places to just gaze at the scenery for a while. The waves in the sea looked really good!

Vyk
12-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Does it have a little "virtual vacation" effect? There's a few games that had that on me. Like most people, Shadow of the Colossus was one of the big ones

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2014, 01:17 PM
The Storm Coast is one of my favorites. It's also the first place I encountered giants. One was fighting a dragon and then after the dragon flew off I ran over there like "omg what is that a giant" and I clicked on it to see, accidentally shooting it with my magey pew pew stick and I guess it only had like 1HP left because it died :(

Aulayna
12-28-2014, 10:59 PM
So probably a dumb question, but can I safely vendor anything in the Valuables tab? I'm nearly always running around with a full inventory.

Spuuky
12-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Isn't the point of that tab that you can safely sell ANYTHING in it? Probably should take those special drops to the study though.

Aulayna
12-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Well I know in Origins/2 at least there was occasionally stuff that was required for optional quests but it went into the same list of safe to vendor stuff with nothing really denotating it was used for anything. I was mostly worried they would pull the same here.

Spuuky
12-29-2014, 05:48 PM
I guess I'm not sure so you shouldn't trust me. But I haven't noticed anything like that yet, in my first weekend with the game.

You can always use Inquisition Perks for more inventory space I guess.

Jessweeee♪
12-31-2014, 05:33 AM
I believe enemy research items go in that tab too, so turn all of those in first so you don't accidentally sell them! Other than those, the only thing in that tab I've had use for is Spider Ichor, everything else I sold off.

Wyllius
01-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Completed it twice with a human mage and dwarf reaver.

I think I'm one of the few odd ones who enjoyed DA:2 but I enjoyed the cameos and Varric is an essential member of any party I make.

I think bioware have redeemed themselves with this one and I await Mass Effect 4 with cautious optimism.

Freya
01-05-2015, 10:36 PM
I finally was able to sit down with this again this weekend. Finally got out of the hinterlands. I just was doing everything there. I still left a few things but damn that zone is huge. I am now at storm coast and fuck that zone too. To many hills.

I haven't had too much interaction with my teammates yet, which is kinda lame. The story maybe just isn't kicking in for me cause i'm exploring.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2015, 05:00 AM
Yeah imo if you do everything you're gonna feel disconnected from your team mates because you get so busy rescuing cats from trees you don't get time to talk to them. I did a whole bunch of side quests but tended to stay away from boring fetch quests if they weren't related to my team or yielded any good loot.

Ayen
01-09-2015, 12:34 AM
I'll probably pick this up somewhere down the line. I still need to play through Dragon Age Origins and the rest of Dragon Age 2.

I think I'm one of the few odd ones who enjoyed DA:2

DA2 is my favorite.

Freya
01-13-2015, 10:22 PM
I've played it for like 9 hours (i'm super slow these days okay) and i'm still smurfing around in the hinterlands. I mean I went to the stormcoast but it was boring. So I went back to hinterlands to finish things. I haven't got any companions besides the ones who I started with whoops.

If there are things to do I have to finish them! This is why I don't play skyrim with it's new random quest thing.

Spuuky
01-14-2015, 12:45 AM
I've played it for like 9 hours (i'm super slow these days okay) and i'm still smurfing around in the hinterlands. I mean I went to the stormcoast but it was boring. So I went back to hinterlands to finish things. I haven't got any companions besides the ones who I started with whoops.

If there are things to do I have to finish them! This is why I don't play skyrim with it's new random quest thing.You are really going to want to break that habit. DA:I really is a lot better if you move the plot forward a bit more.

Egami
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Really looking forward to play this one as I quite enjoyed DA:O and I like plenty of Bioware games (Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate). I was planning to pick it up for PS3 but after hearing so many bad things about that version decided to hold off until I get my hands on a PS4.

Christmas
04-01-2022, 11:49 AM
Great game. Love slaying high dragons scattered throughout the map as well as the combat system. A great improvement compared to DA2. May just start playing it again! :bigsmile: