PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive question

Pumpkin
11-14-2014, 10:20 PM
So umm which game is the LEAST fanservicy? I want to try it but I don't have the self esteem for some of those games

Mirage
11-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Least, huh. Their tits are huge and bouncy in all the games. Their clothes aren't always revealing, but you'd have a hard time to find one that didn't show you a lot of skin every now and then. DOA5 Ultimate is probably the "best" just because you can actually turn off the titty bounce completely if you want to. Most of the most questionable outfits are also paid DLC in that game, because it makes horny guys drown them in money.

Vyk
11-14-2014, 10:54 PM
As a guy who loves most of the games in the series I think the press puts too much emphasis on this. It's not right what the game does. But it's not really as bad as they make it out to be. Sometimes anyway. But the fighting is so fast you don't really get an opportunity to look at anything anyway. And I love that. It's ridiculously fast and fluid. And my favorite female characters frequently wear the most clothes. And they've added a few more female characters with even more clothing. I love Helena for old school hard hitting badassery but she's not exactly innocent. Hitomi frequently just wears jeans and shirts. Sometimes coats over that. No skin. And I love tearing hell with her

Mirage
11-14-2014, 11:10 PM
It's true that you actually have at least one or two decent selections of clothing for each girl. The ridiculous bounce does really show during cutscenes or win/lose poses though, but as I said, DOA5:U is the least bad at that.

-edit
i actually want to play it for a bit now

i basically only play Ein anyway

Vyk
11-15-2014, 04:33 AM
It's true that you actually have at least one or two decent selections of clothing for each girl. The ridiculous bounce does really show during cutscenes or win/lose poses though, but as I said, DOA5:U is the least bad at that.

-edit

It's as easily overlooked as anything a regular anime would do though. The gameplay is so much fun its worth looking past the mild fanservice. 5 was a weird departure for me, I rented it and had trouble getting into it since they made me keep switching characters in the "story" mode. I'm used to choosing my character and just going through some weird little short thing. Or just going into survival or tag mode and raining hell down upon the computer. But the stories were so bizarre and weird, they amused me

Polnareff
11-15-2014, 01:34 PM
DoA3 or DoA5 Ultimate. Just don't buy the extra costumes. :monster:

Mirage
11-15-2014, 02:21 PM

-edit

It's as easily overlooked as anything a regular anime would do though.

I don't watch, or even like most "regular" anime :p.