PDA

View Full Version : The Wicked + The Divine

Calliope
11-28-2014, 04:06 AM

Discuss! I hope I get to meet Gillen/McKelvie one day, and I keep meaning to write them some fan mail. Maybe in time for Phonogram: Material Girl! I'm lagging in wicdiv because I am too cheap to buy comics, but this is a battle I may soon lose :(

krissy
11-28-2014, 05:02 AM
i've checked my local shop last week for the trade but i think i was too early or something
the first collection is coming out soon, right?
i haven't read any yet and am waiting for the paperback to drop

mckelvie is doing covers for all the image comics this comic week i think?
http://comicsalliance.com/wicked-divine-variant-covers-mckelvie-wilson/

G13
12-01-2014, 08:39 PM
I picked up five copies of the first issue when this came out. I anticipated it would be the next Saga and the price for a first print would skyrocket in a few years. Here's hoping. :p

This title is starting to bore me though. This arc doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Instead of solving the first issue's mystery it highlights the antics of the god characters in such an unappealing way. And maybe that's what the writer is trying to do with these characters, but even the protagonist falls flat for me. The only interesting thing about her was shown in the last panel of the last issue. And with the events of the last issue, I'd kind of like to see this mystery solved so the book can move on. If it doesn't pick up soon I may have to take it off the pull list.

Shorty
12-01-2014, 09:50 PM
The artwork is freaking incredible. I have this one on my list to get through.

krissy
12-16-2014, 05:25 AM
i've now read volume 1
and the more i think about it the more it speaks to me and the more i identify with everyone in it in some way
which is weird

i really like the way it speaks about what worship is in a post-god-post-nietchze society we live in, i think it's apt

i think i could do without the scanners bits personally, there must've been a better way to handle the deaths

art is supremely gorgeous, like this entire thing was a steal at 10 just for the art's sake, that hair is DIVINE no pun intended.

sometimes i have to slow down to read this thing, it's a bit run-on in the ways the characters 'name' one another when trying to insult

is it just me or is cassandra a recurring character in mckelvies work forever?

i disagree about the main char not being interesting G13, i think her ambition is setting up a pretty good tragedy and or redemption story. definitely sounds like someone at that age thinks if i remember what i used to think like (and i might not)

vol 1 is pretty great imo