PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me Vita RPGs

Ergroilnin
11-28-2014, 02:09 PM
So 'bout half year ago I've bought a Vita (some of you might remember my P4G thread) and with it I bought FF 1 - 10-2 (no tactics yet tho), all the persona games and that's it basically.

Those games have so much content and for me, replayability, that I basically cannot really get bored with them around but still I am curious about what other Vita (and PSP) RPGs are definitely worth the buy, can you guys recommend me any?

Keep in mind that I only buy the games from the store (I've got 64gb card shipped, totally worth the money!) and I am from Europe, with no intentions of making accounts (and therefore buyin more cards or go through the incredible hassle of switching whole system backups all the time) to NA or Japan stores.

Vyk
11-28-2014, 08:55 PM
I have no idea whats available in Japan, but you have almost the entire PSP library to work with as well if that is of any interest to you

I'll hold off on suggesting any of those until you say otherwise

I just got myself a VitaTV, so all these libraries just opened up to me as well, though some games are incompatible for me, it was worth the risk to me to be able to play on my TV with a real controller

As for Vita RPGs, they just got a new Tales game. I don't know if it's super stellar, but I'v heard great things about the combat, and I took it for a test drive last night, and I can see a glimmer of what they're talking about. Not sure if it's available over yonder yet, or if its available digitally, but it's a possibility at least

There was also one that was supposed to compete with Persona, but it was the company's first outing in that regard. I think it was from Ark System Works or Aksys or something. Either that or they just published it here and I have no idea who developed it. I can't remember if that was the Mind Gate one or the Demon Gaze one. I've looked up so many Vita games lately they all kinda jumble together

People have both loved and hated Dragon Crown, it's not really much of an RPG as it is a 2D Diablo-like with a weird art-style, but for the people who it clicked with, they adore it

I'm trying to remember, but I think Pier Solar was put on Vita, though not entirely positive. If so, that'd probably be a really good choice. It's that game that was recently developed on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and then given an HD port to most platforms

Sorry for being so unsure about most things though. Just got off work and my brain is fried from all the American Black Friday stuff that went on today

Bolivar
11-28-2014, 11:56 PM
The only RPG I've played on Vita is Child of Light and I highly recommend it, especially if it goes on sale over the holidays. At first it was cool, then the charm briefly wore off, until shortly after I got so hooked on the combat, gem crafting and collectibles. Gorgeous artwork and one of those RPG soundtracks that stay in your head for a long time. It's also among the multiplatform games that just look and play like they were made specifically for the Vita. Decent touch input, too.

I'm probably going to get the Ys game they released and will get the new one when it releases next year. I also bought Freedom Wars, a monster-hunter-like but haven't started it yet.

Vyk
11-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I just came back to mention Ys: Memories of Celceta. Considering how much people adore Ys Seven, I imagine that one's pretty fantastic too

Rin Heartilly
12-02-2014, 03:51 PM
What sorta rpgs? Strategy? Action? I'm assuming you don't mind so I'm gonna say:

Diagaea 4
Dragons crown
Tales of hearts
Child of light
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Danganronpa 1 & 2 (dunno if they count as rpg but still fun)